Who is the warrior's Anti-Christ, Scapegoat, Fall Guy?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Who is the Warriors Anti-Christ, the architect of all our misfortune.

4%
Crawford
No votes
Jackson
15%
Maggette
52%
Nelson
7%
Mullin
20%
Rowell
No votes
Mike Dunleavy (hey, why not?)
2%
Why? What's the problem? Things seem pretty good to me!
No votes
Other

Total votes: 46

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:57 pm
migya wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
Quazza wrote:
The Coooach wrote:not drunk, just post to fast and to lazy to spell check. Who are you Mickey Spilane? :)

Spillane

;)

see what I mean. I heard that Einstein was not a good speller either. :)

But he had a great hair do :)

Hey Reg, have you posted your pic on that show yourself thread yet?

not yet, I will look into it.

» Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Dont worry, uptempo, I'll save your keyboard some wear on this one: :)

"While we all agree that Nelson's gimmicky smallball lineups, built for entertainment not victory, are burying the team, is it not our dimwitted, slow-footed VP, Chris Mullin's, fault for hiring him? Mullin used Nelson to save his job, built the franchise around Troy Murphy and Adonal Foyle, thought Mike Dunleavy was more talented than Antawn Jamison, hired Mike Montgomery, and hillariously destroyed his life drinking like a frat boy (alcoholism is totally cool to joke about and rip on people for). Mullin is the problem. The team will go nowhere until we hire a competant GM with a proven track record, like the ones growing on trees outside my window." :wink:

Just kiddin buddy, you know I had to bust your balls a little on this one haha. But to answer colt's Q... I stand by my opinion all season in that we cannot evaluate a team without their best player. Trying to put together a list of everything wrong with the Warriors this season cannot happen without pretexting it with the knowledge that Monta Ellis hasn't suited up once yet. Like everyone else, I'm ready to throw Don Nelson under the bus... But I'm also willing to give him some wiggle room knowing that his run-and-gun lineup is built around The One Man Fastbreak. Let's see what the squad can do with their franchise player before we blow the whole thing up.

» Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:12 pm
32 wrote:I stand by my opinion all season in that we cannot evaluate a team without their best player. Trying to put together a list of everything wrong with the Warriors this season cannot happen without pretexting it with the knowledge that Monta Ellis hasn't suited up once yet. Like everyone else, I'm ready to throw Don Nelson under the bus... But I'm also willing to give him some wiggle room knowing that his run-and-gun lineup is built around The One Man Fastbreak. Let's see what the squad can do with their franchise player before we blow the whole thing up.

I would agree with you it we were losing by 10... or 15. A perfectly healthy Monta Ellis can't fix these 40 point blowouts we're suffering.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
32 wrote:I stand by my opinion all season in that we cannot evaluate a team without their best player. Trying to put together a list of everything wrong with the Warriors this season cannot happen without pretexting it with the knowledge that Monta Ellis hasn't suited up once yet. Like everyone else, I'm ready to throw Don Nelson under the bus... But I'm also willing to give him some wiggle room knowing that his run-and-gun lineup is built around The One Man Fastbreak. Let's see what the squad can do with their franchise player before we blow the whole thing up.

I would agree with you it we were losing by 10... or 15. A perfectly healthy Monta Ellis can't fix these 40 point blowouts we're suffering.

Monta Ellis will only make a difference if he can be an effective PG, as that's what the team is missing. If he comes in looking to do what he did last season, which is score and something that he did better than anyone else currently on the team, then it will be a competition to see who gets the ball more and shoots more and the team will lose as much as they already are

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:56 pm
32 wrote:Dont worry, uptempo, I'll save your keyboard some wear on this one: :)

"While we all agree that Nelson's gimmicky smallball lineups, built for entertainment not victory, are burying the team, is it not our dimwitted, slow-footed VP, Chris Mullin's, fault for hiring him? Mullin used Nelson to save his job, built the franchise around Troy Murphy and Adonal Foyle, thought Mike Dunleavy was more talented than Antawn Jamison, hired Mike Montgomery, and hillariously destroyed his life drinking like a frat boy (alcoholism is totally cool to joke about and rip on people for). Mullin is the problem. The team will go nowhere until we hire a competant GM with a proven track record, like the ones growing on trees outside my window." :wink:

Just kiddin buddy, you know I had to bust your balls a little on this one haha. But to answer colt's Q... I stand by my opinion all season in that we cannot evaluate a team without their best player. Trying to put together a list of everything wrong with the Warriors this season cannot happen without pretexting it with the knowledge that Monta Ellis hasn't suited up once yet. Like everyone else, I'm ready to throw Don Nelson under the bus... But I'm also willing to give him some wiggle room knowing that his run-and-gun lineup is built around The One Man Fastbreak. Let's see what the squad can do with their franchise player before we blow the whole thing up.

Naw dude, just blame Nelson. That's what we do here. I think we're going to change the board's name to www.wehatedonnelson.com.

Nelson won plenty in the past two years when he had the team to win. Unless he lost his ability to coach in the past six months I'm guessing the reason we're losing now can probably be attributed to the personnel, not his philosophy or style of basketball.

Allowing Baron to walk away, a decision I supported when it happened, was a horrible idea.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:43 pm
...we need Baron....and apparently he need us as well....plain and simple

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:

Naw dude, just blame Nelson. That's what we do here. I think we're going to change the board's name to www.wehatedonnelson.com.

Nelson won plenty in the past two years when he had the team to win. Unless he lost his ability to coach in the past six months I'm guessing the reason we're losing now can probably be attributed to the personnel, not his philosophy or style of basketball.

Allowing Baron to walk away, a decision I supported when it happened, was a horrible idea.

A coach plays the hand he is dealt. Don't have an all-star team and life is tough? Then think of ways to use what is available. It seems that everyone, including the casual fan, think Nelson hasn't adapted to the new reality.

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 am
Even when Monta comes back the Warriros will still have the same problems. You can't run unless you have the ball. Small ball gives up to many second chance points. Small ball plays no defense. how can Monta change that?

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:24 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:

You give Nelson too much credit, Stuck. He was only as good as Baron Davis. Davis was more of a coach than Nelson. The Warriors actuallys tarted winning after Baron joined the team, even before Nelson joined the team. Plus, as I said many times before, Nelson had a lot better roster than Mussleman, or Montogomery.

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:34 am
The Coooach wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

You give Nelson too much credit, Stuck. He was only as good as Baron Davis. Davis was more of a coach than Nelson. The Warriors actuallys tarted winning after Baron joined the team, even before Nelson joined the team. Plus, as I said many times before, Nelson had a lot better roster than Mussleman, or Montogomery.

I'd agree that he was only as good as Baron, but he did a great job in motivating and driving Baron from an injury-risk, pudgy dude to a mean and lean point guard. I know you don't think Nelson is a players coach but he really had that team working for him.

One of my good friends (who doesn't post here) told me in the off-season this team would be bad. I'd hoped he was wrong. But with Baron gone and Monta injured things aren't looking good.

The front office has some work to do and will someone please show Wright the way to the weight room? =)

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:54 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:

I'd agree that he was only as good as Baron, but he did a great job in motivating and driving Baron from an injury-risk, pudgy dude to a mean and lean point guard. I know you don't think Nelson is a players coach but he really had that team working for him.

One of my good friends (who doesn't post here) told me in the off-season this team would be bad. I'd hoped he was wrong. But with Baron gone and Monta injured things aren't looking good.

The front office has some work to do and will someone please show Wright the way to the weight room? =)

they said the same about Richard Hamilton and Tayshun Prince and they seemed to turn out OK. Sometimes guys are who they are.

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:21 am
monta
rowell
nelson
harrington
maggette

:evil:

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:24 pm
I put this mess on Rowell.

He upped Nellie for another 2 years of gimmick ball. Nellie is just doing what Nellie does - not playing rookies and not winning championships. If Rowell is going to make a power move on Mullin he at least needs to know what Nellie brings to the table. What a dope.

Nellie is 2nd on my list for all the reasons said earlier. Meggette brings up the rear with his worthless play and empty numbers.

All Star
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:47 pm
Nellie also develops players. You want him working with Monta every single night. He turns PGs into stars.

Franchise Player
» Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Nellie also develops players. You want him working with Monta every single night. He turns PGs into stars.

Just a shame that Monta ISNT a PG.........and Im sorry but he wont be.

You cant turn a lifelong (short life yes......but) SG into a "star" PG.