Who is the warrior's Anti-Christ, Scapegoat, Fall Guy?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Who is the Warriors Anti-Christ, the architect of all our misfortune.

4%
Crawford
No votes
Jackson
15%
Maggette
52%
Nelson
7%
Mullin
20%
Rowell
No votes
Mike Dunleavy (hey, why not?)
2%
Why? What's the problem? Things seem pretty good to me!
No votes
Other

Total votes: 46

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:06 pm
At the lowest point of the season (so far), thought we could do a poll on who public enemy #1 is for this board. I will list some option plus other, so tell us your pick and why...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JB68sLGY8[/youtube]

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:14 pm
Nelson, who is blatantly stubborn and refuses to do anything other than play small-ball, which is CLEARLY not working for this team. When young players like Wright and Randolph come in, produce, and have a positive impact on the game, Nelson will bench them for no reason.

He builds a team with the philosophy of offensive freedom, even when the roster is stacked with players who need a system to succeed (Jackson and Maggette, and maybe Crawford have proven they can hold the responsibility of offensive freedom). If they take a series of dumb shots, don't expect Nelson to tell them about it. He only cares if a rookie accidentally fumbles the ball once or twice. He under-utilizes Turiaf, who is our best post defender but for some reason only plays like 15 MPG.

And somehow, Nelson doesn't seem to understand the concept of the human body getting tired, as he still gives 40+ minutes to Jackson, etc. who clearly get tired. And don't expect Nelson to come up with a rotation either, like a normal coach does! He's gonna throw his starters out there for 40+ minutes, with random bench players out there to fill in the gaps, or some STUPID small-ball gimmick. Fire Nelson, please.

Franchise Player
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:19 pm
Do I really need to say?.............anyway, what JayPat said.

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm
JayPat wrote:Nelson, who is blatantly stubborn and refuses to do anything other than play small-ball, which is CLEARLY not working for this team. When young players like Wright and Randolph come in, produce, and have a positive impact on the game, Nelson will bench them for no reason.

He builds a team with the philosophy of offensive freedom, even when the roster is stacked with players who need a system to succeed (Jackson and Maggette, and maybe Crawford have proven they can hold the responsibility of offensive freedom). If they take a series of dumb shots, don't expect Nelson to tell them about it. He only cares if a rookie accidentally fumbles the ball once or twice. He under-utilizes Turiaf, who is our best post defender but for some reason only plays like 15 MPG.

And somehow, Nelson doesn't seem to understand the concept of the human body getting tired, as he still gives 40+ minutes to Jackson, etc. who clearly get tired. And don't expect Nelson to come up with a rotation either, like a normal coach does! He's gonna throw his starters out there for 40+ minutes, with random bench players out there to fill in the gaps, or some STUPID small-ball gimmick. Fire Nelson, please.

:D :D :D :D :D
You said it all, IMO.

» Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:40 pm
well nelson didn't "build" this team. I think thats the GM/Prez job on getting players.

But if there is one guy to blame the most, it is Nelson. He doesn't care at all, and thats sad. he has no passion, and it sinks to the players. Like Randolph's reaction yesterday said it all when he got pulled early. Nelson WAS a great coach, as late as last season. That guy is now gone.

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:45 pm
crawford, he is the worst player in the nba. :mrgreen:

Seriously tho he sucks major balls.

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well nelson didn't "build" this team. I think thats the GM/Prez job on getting players.

But if there is one guy to blame the most, it is Nelson. He doesn't care at all, and thats sad. he has no passion, and it sinks to the players. Like Randolph's reaction yesterday said it all when he got pulled early. Nelson WAS a great coach, as late as last season. That guy is now gone.

I agree...it is like watching Frank Sinatra at the end, clueless on stage, forgetting his lyrics, or some aging former babe, squeezing into a dress and scaring away the young fellas she used to draw like flies to honey. Nelson's turned into a hasbeen before our eyes. I am curious who #2 on the list will end up being? I am sure there will be some "love" for Rowell and Mullin, based on what I have read on the board. My guess is Dunleavy :)

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:59 pm
coltraning wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:well nelson didn't "build" this team. I think thats the GM/Prez job on getting players.

I agree...it is like watching Frank Sinatra at the end, clueless on stage, forgetting his lyrics, or some aging former babe, squeezing into a dress and scaring away the young fellas she used to draw like flies to honey. Nelson's turned into a hasbeen before our eyes. I am curious who #2 on the list will end up being? I am sure there will be some "love" for Rowell and Mullin, based on what I have read on the board. My guess is Dunleavy :)

jaypat said it all. But coltrane I would like to comment on you Frank Sinatra scenario. Nelson was never Sinatra. He never made it to the top. He was more like a promising lounge singer who could never make it big and putter around the off-strip clubs looking for his big break. therefore he didn't just sing he added a comedy routine ( small-ball) to try to make it to the main stage and fell horribly short. He's more like Red Buttons instead of Sinatra. LOL :D

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 pm
The Coooach wrote:
coltraning wrote:

jaypat said it all. But coltrane I would like to comment on you Frank Sinatra scenario. Nelson was never Sinatra. He never made it to the top. He was more like a promising lounge singer who could never make it big and putter around the off-strip clubs looking for his big break. therefore he didn't just sing he added a comedy routine ( small-ball) to try to make it to the main stage and fell horribly short. He's more like Red Buttons instead of Sinatra. LOL :D

You are so right, Reggie...it was a terrible example. Speaking as someone who thinks Sinatra was one of the five greatest singers of all time and a musician myself, I blew it. as penance, I offer up:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2-2zfMCOCs[/youtube]

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:47 pm
Fantatic cotrainig. I too was and still am a big Sinatra fan. i karaoke several of his songs. As in the famous words of Swnator Benson (I'll change Kennedy to Sinatra.). "I KNOW FRANK HE'S A FRIEND OF MIND, NELSON YOU ARE KNOW fRANK SINATRA". :D

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:03 pm
you're drunk aren't you Coach? lol been a a couple posts that make no sense and missing letters from words

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 pm
not drunk, just post to fast and to lazy to spell check. Who are you Mickey Spilane? :)

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:14 pm
The Coooach wrote:not drunk, just post to fast and to lazy to spell check. Who are you Mickey Spilane? :)

Spillane

;)

All Star
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:47 pm
Quazza wrote:
The Coooach wrote:not drunk, just post to fast and to lazy to spell check. Who are you Mickey Spilane? :)

Spillane

;)

see what I mean. I heard that Einstein was not a good speller either. :)

Hall of Famer
» Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:48 pm
The Coooach wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Spillane

;)

see what I mean. I heard that Einstein was not a good speller either. :)

But he had a great hair do :)

Hey Reg, have you posted your pic on that show yourself thread yet?