Now Marco wants out...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:28 pm
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/l ... /arti.html

geebus.. how many players is Nelson going to alienate?

whos next? we should take bets.

i have no love lost for marco but I feel bad for the guy cause we picked up his contract so he might be stuck here.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 pm
I can't blame the guy. Didn't even read the link, but if it is indeed true, more power to him.

Franchise Player
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:02 pm
there is a thread on this in the News Articles forum but I know many people dont check that area.

Franchise Player
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 pm
bada wrote:there is a thread on this in the News Articles forum but I know many people dont check that area.

We may as well just get rid of the News Forum.........all it does is create duplicate discussions and Warriors Basketball is about anything related to Warriors...........so it kind of makes sense that people dont bother checking there and just post anything of "news" in here.

For me, the news articles forum should be for commentaries/obsevations on the team/players...............things like trades and player issues should be discussed in here.
Last edited by bigstrads on Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:15 pm
speakonitgod wrote:I can't blame the guy. Didn't even read the link, but if it is indeed true, more power to him.

I was hoping that he would have somehow been included in the Al trade. He deserves a chance to play and show whether or not he can do it...and NY seems like it would be the place. Maybe Toronto?

Franchise Player
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:24 pm
only a matter of time before our IMPORTANT young players start to voice these same concerns.

There will be a small group of players that LOVE playing for Nelson because of the freedom and lack of accountability, the rest will HATE him and will desperately want out. It has happened before and it has now happened twice in this young season.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm
saintdee wrote:http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/29018/arti.html

geebus.. how many players is Nelson going to alienate?

whos next? we should take bets.

i have no love lost for marco but I feel bad for the guy cause we picked up his contract so he might be stuck here.
good, he was a waste of a draft pick...

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 pm
too bad.
I like Marco. as an off the bench spark...

doesn't surprise me though...

:roll:

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:47 pm
What line is Nellie going to use for Belli?....He thinks he is a really good player, I think he kinda blows.

I wish Marco could have gotten more of a chance, but there is no room for him on this squad. He is our JJ Reddick, doesnt have the tools to get the minutes, but he does have some potential. I would love to ship him somewhere for a 1st rounder...maybe him and Williams and re-coop atleast one pick.

Role Player
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 pm
I can see Brandan Wright being next... Hopefully I'm wrong.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:50 pm
So much for a coach keeping a team together. I can only imagine how practice is for the warriors, must be alot of tension.

Am thinking in the back of my mind B-Wright is probably thinking the same thing, I need to get the Fvck out of here. As a player you have to get an opportunity to show case your skill not just to your team but the rest of the league, you have to show value in-case free-agency comes along. On the team aspect the player shows value and can be used as bait for a decent trade.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:01 pm
the Neslon bit doesn't read well

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm
I will take the position of defending Nelson on this one. Marco should have never been drafted if the Wariors did not have nor will have in their plans to utilize a low block player on offense. Marco would do well in this type of offensive scheme where he can set up on the perimeter and receive the ball once the low block player is double-teamed and can kick out the ball to Marco for the open three-point-shot. This is not the kind of offense that Nelson employs. Marco is not a slasher nor a guy who break down a defender off the dribble, both attributes of players who thrive in Don Nelson's system.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:53 pm
I don't think it will be Brandan Wright who's next just because he is too much of a team-first guy.

I bet the next person who wants out is Maggette after he comes off the bench a few games when Monta comes back or is forced to played extended minutes at PF.

All Star
» Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:02 pm
If he is not needed then why extend the guys contract.