Fan Appeal & Realistic Goal

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 am
TMC wrote:
Jackattack wrote:I may be wrong but I think the original poster is a youngster, as it would be pretty creepy if an adult spent that much time drawing pics of Magette.

Just thought we might want to consider that when making our comments.

Well, he's been around the last few years, always trying to get people to vote for Maggette.

Yeah, that means he already was around, posting here to get Maggette into the ASG when he was a Clipper.

Oh, and according to his profile he's gotta be 23 years old, if not more...

If that ain't creepy, I don't know what is.

I knew Id seen this sh*t before!!!.............was it really last year that he did this??? cuz damn time has flown. :shock:

Not much of this makese sense though..............so sorry weirdo, you dont have my vote for Mags. :evil:

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:36 pm
I wouldn't put Meggette on an All Star team where only former Duke players were eligible:

PG - Chris Duhon
SG - Grant Hill
SF - Shane Battier
PF - Elton Brand
C- Carlos Boozer

Bench - JJ Redick, Sheldon Williams, DeMarcus Nelson, Josh McRoberts, Daniel Ewing, Dahntay Jones, Trajan Langdon (he's killing it at CSKA Moscow).

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:11 pm
TMC wrote:
Jackattack wrote:I may be wrong but I think the original poster is a youngster, as it would be pretty creepy if an adult spent that much time drawing pics of Magette.

Just thought we might want to consider that when making our comments.

Well, he's been around the last few years, always trying to get people to vote for Maggette.

Yeah, that means he already was around, posting here to get Maggette into the ASG when he was a Clipper.

Oh, and according to his profile he's gotta be 23 years old, if not more...

If that ain't creepy, I don't know what is.

::lol:

WOW

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:37 pm
"Maggette's selfish play hasn't gone unnoticed by other players. According to sources, after the final buzzer against Boston, Celtics forward Kevin Garnett turned to Maggette and shouted, "Way to get your numbers.""

as much as i don't like maggette, this story is a bit ridiculous - sure garnett said that after last shot, BUT - this shot was taken by maggete driving when no one was defending, when teams usually kill the rest of the seconds! SO - to this play garnett responded with his now celebrity statement, not to the whole game. jounalist may create so much bullshit sources and connections, it's just lame.

simple as that.

still, i must repeat - i don't like maggette the player.

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:23 pm
theres something wrong with that "top 10 list" for the west...im sure shawn marion is still on the heat. and isnt this the same guy that tried to get us to vote for maggs last season too? those drawings look familiar :-k

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Well, maybe maggs just "touched" him in a special way. Helpin his community or something. But of all the Warriors players that have been here and not been selected, he would be one of the least deserving of the all star caliber players.

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:35 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Well, maybe maggs just "touched" him in a special way. Helpin his community or something. But of all the Warriors players that have been here and not been selected, he would be one of the least deserving of the all star caliber players.

Campaigns like that are the whole reason that fans should not be allowed to vote for the All Star game. I know, its a game for the fans....but its a lame waste of 3 hrs. All NBA All-star weekend festivities should be dropped....they should really use that 3 days for community service. Give something back to the city that supports your team.

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm
bigstrads wrote:So youve been "supporting" the Warriors for about 3 months then............

More like 8+ years. Who the F iz you to question my fandom, man?
If you don't wanna help and vote for the Warriors nominees - fine.
E'rybody's got a choice. I ain't gon' answer no useless questions though.

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:41 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Last year the NBA All-Star ballot included Antoine Walker and some of the basketball fans on the Internet tried to vote him in. Turns out Walker didn’t even crack the top 10 in voting. This year we’re going to try again and try and vote Golden State forward Corey Maggette into the All-Star Game.

So basically, you just pick a player that pretty much has no chance of making it...........and try to get them into the top 10 of vote getters, for no reason at all............or just to see that you can? whats the point.

What the hell? I never said: "Vote for Maggette only."
Vote for whoever yopu want to, just incl. Maggette. That's what I said. And it ain't for "no reason at all".
I want at least once in my life to see how many votes Maggette had. But NBA.com only display the top 10 vote-getters for each posititon.
Last edited by shalik on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:42 pm
shalik wrote:
bigstrads wrote:So youve been "supporting" the Warriors for about 3 months then............

More like 8+ years. Who the F iz you to question my fandom, man?
If you don't wanna help and vote for the Warriors nominees - fine.
E'rybody's got a choice. I ain't gon' answer no useless questions though.

Cool, good for you.

However, you have to realise that saying something like this =

shalik wrote:I have been supporting the Warriors and a particular player on the team (Corey Maggette) for quite some time now.

That sounds like youve been supporting the Warriors since Maggette arrived...........although now I realise that you may be a Warrior and Mags fan seperately, just a nice co-incidence for you that he is now here.

Ohh, and heres last years thread =

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... sc&start=0

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:43 pm
shalik wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Last year the NBA All-Star ballot included Antoine Walker and some of the basketball fans on the Internet tried to vote him in. Turns out Walker didn’t even crack the top 10 in voting. This year we’re going to try again and try and vote Golden State forward Corey Maggette into the All-Star Game.

So basically, you just pick a player that pretty much has no chance of making it...........and try to get them into the top 10 of vote getters, for no reason at all............or just to see that you can? whats the point.

What the hell?!!! I never said: "Vote for Maggette only."
Arre you blind?! Vote for whoever yopu want to, just incl. Maggette. That's what I said.

I'm done with the topic, but that's some pretty decent artwork. You do any other non maggette art?

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:48 pm
Ok, one more thing and Im out =

shalik wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

What the hell? I never said: "Vote for Maggette only."
Vote for whoever yopu want to, just incl. Maggette. That's what I said. And it ain't for "no reason at all".
I want at least once in my life to see how many votes Maggette had. But NBA.com only display the top 10 vote-getters for each posititon.

You missed my point entirely but thats fine.

Heres the real question...........you want Mags to be in the top 10, so you can finally see how many votes he gets.

Do you see a problem with basically asking/convincing people to do you a favour and vote for Mags when they normally wouldnt............. = the votes arent going to be real, if he did make the top 10, it would only be because youve spammed this all over the place............not that he actually deserved all those votes...........aside from the question of what does being in the top 10 vote getters actually achieve.

Cool though, thats just me, do your thing man.

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:48 pm
ill vote for maggs when he truly deserves my vote. i dont vote for warriors just cuz theyre warriors. i didnt vote for dampier, foyle, dunleavy or harrington when they were warriors cuz they didnt deserve my vote. i vote(d) for warriors who deserve to be on the allstar team. this year ive been voting for biedrins and im splitting votes with jackson...cuz he hasnt been consistent in earning my vote.

goose is the only warrior that absolutly deserves to be an allstar right now. plain and simple.

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:49 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Ohh, and heres last years thread =

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... sc&start=0

shalik wrote:=
I am a Die-Hard WARRIORS Fan, Baron's my favorite player... But, I'm also a big Corey Maggette fan. Yes, I know he's a Clipper.
But I'd love to see Maggette come to Oakland! He looks good in a Dubz jersey anyway:

Anyhow, since CM50 ain't comin' around, my dream is at least once in my life to see Maggette and Baron on the same team. Even if it's only for a game.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/asb/eng/ballot.html

lol, spooky. anymore predictions for next year???

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:50 pm
^ It's just Photoshop, man.

bigstrads wrote:That sounds like youve been supporting the Warriors since Maggette arrived...........although now I realise that you may be a Warrior and Mags fan seperately, just a nice co-incidence for you that he is now here.

Amen, and hallelujah.

And I see you have taken the time to look for my last year's thread. May I ask was it worth it? I'd say it's been in vain. Waste of time. You could've at least used that time to cast a vote for whoever you think is deservable.
Do your thing, man. I don't care that much for a bunch of guys here or there... I had to try and ask for some help. Had nothing to lose..
Peace!