Fan Appeal & Realistic Goal

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:56 am
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

I have been supporting the Warriors and a particular player on the team (Corey Maggette) for quite some time now. Sadly, I came to realize that Corey is NOT getting much support from fans...
That is why I .

WHY COREY?

• * He has been improving with each year
  • but is overshadowed and underrated. :(
  • * He would be good entertainment for the game
  • * For the last eight years, has run the annual Flight 50 Basketball Camp in his native Chicago area
  • * Donated $50,000 to Fenwick HS in Oak Park, IL last summer
  • * Led the L.A. Clippers to one game within '05 Western Conf. Finals
  • * Began his own foundation to fulfill his duty and promise to support the community
  • * Established a Foundation (Corey Cares), a non-profit organization that aims to serve, mentor and inspire all by giving back to those less fortunate

A bit of background.
Last year the NBA All-Star ballot included Antoine Walker and some of the basketball fans on the Internet tried to vote him in. Turns out Walker didn’t even crack the top 10 in voting. This year we’re going to try again and try and vote Golden State forward Corey Maggette into the All-Star Game.

HOW TO VOTE

Go to:
http://www.nba.com/allstar2009/asb/eng/landing.jsp

So please don't forget Corey MAGGETTE's one of 'em West Forwards nominees.

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:01 am
I know, that at this stage, it'll take a miracle for Corey Maggette to make the West All-Star team.
I also realize that, the competition at his position, is monstrous to say the least (KG, Duncan, Ma3x & so on...). Plus Corey's not that popular worldwide.
That's why, the plain goal is much more realistic:

It's to get Corey MAGGETTE in the top 10 of the 24 West FW-nominees. For that's the only reason to see how many votes is Corey shy of the last player on the West All-Star bench
(the NBA only displays top 10 vote-getters for each position sad.gif ).

All I want is at least once to see Corey's name on 'em vote-getters lists.. (& hopefully, somewhere by his 14th season Corey'll put on that All-Star uniform).

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:14 am
wow. you put a lot of work into that. good job. sure i'll vote for the guy.

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:20 am
bogeydead4 wrote:wow. you put a lot of work into that. good job. sure i'll vote for the guy.

Thanks a lot, man. Words can't express what this means to me.
I'd appreciate it if you could also spread the word. ;)

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:47 am
Someone has a serious man crush on somebody...

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:54 am
TMC wrote:Someone has a serious man crush on somebody...

There you go again giving Bigs shiit

:mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:55 am

Hmmm, yeah..........its a little creepy actually, especially when combined with some of the wording in this thread..........Image
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:56 am
TMC wrote:Someone has a serious...

You're so wrong, man. Someone just has a dream:

And someone's tired of not seeing his players in the Top 10 West Forwards list:

Let's at least Get CM50 & Co. in the Top 10!

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:00 am
Someone just has a dream

Words cant express what this means to me"

Can I just ask..............why?

Given that being an All Star doesnt really mean much............being in the top 10 of votes received CERTAINLY doesnt mean much.

So why?

Also, Ive seen all this before, didnt you post a thread about this not too long ago?

Then theres this =

I have been supporting the Warriors and a particular player on the team (Corey Maggette) for quite some time now.

So youve been "supporting" the Warriors for about 3 months then.............. :roll:

And this =

Last year the NBA All-Star ballot included Antoine Walker and some of the basketball fans on the Internet tried to vote him in. Turns out Walker didn’t even crack the top 10 in voting. This year we’re going to try again and try and vote Golden State forward Corey Maggette into the All-Star Game.

So basically, you just pick a player that pretty much has no chance of making it...........and try to get them into the top 10 of vote getters, for no reason at all............or just to see that you can? whats the point.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 am
bigstrads wrote:

Hmmm, yeah..........its a little creepy actually, especially when combined with some of the wording in this thread..........Image

That's my emoticon. It's a registered trademark of TMC. You owe me one beer for each time you use it, Bigs. 8)

ImageImageImage

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:52 am
Why Maggette? Why not Biedrins?

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 am
maggette! hahaha :badgrin: no way! if anyone should go to the allstar game it should be goose. i'll vote for goose. im sorry but maggette is not that good. he's not a good defender and he's a ball hog. kevin garnett expressed it best... it seems like maggette is just trying to get his numbers.

All Star
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:25 am
I may be wrong but I think the original poster is a youngster, as it would be pretty creepy if an adult spent that much time drawing pics of Magette.

Just thought we might want to consider that when making our comments.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:34 am
Really the only Warriors that deserve an all-star nod are Biedrins, Jackson, and possibly Crawford. Maggette is not even close.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:44 am
Jackattack wrote:I may be wrong but I think the original poster is a youngster, as it would be pretty creepy if an adult spent that much time drawing pics of Magette.

Just thought we might want to consider that when making our comments.

Well, he's been around the last few years, always trying to get people to vote for Maggette.

Yeah, that means he already was around, posting here to get Maggette into the ASG when he was a Clipper.

Oh, and according to his profile he's gotta be 23 years old, if not more...

If that ain't creepy, I don't know what is.