Drop in and create your own starting line-up

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:25 am
What starting line-up in your opinion would be the most effective in utilizing our players strengths and flushing out our weaknesses? I would like to know each and every one of your opinions, but its hard to keep up through all the constant thread making. So take some time, think it over, and post your own starting line-up and as a bonus you can throw in your sixth man of choice and/or who you would like to see come off the bench for your starting line-up. Have fun and lighten up! Season ain't over yet!

Point Guard - Jamal Crawford

Shooting Guard - Stephen Jackson

Small Forward - Corey Maggette

Power Forward - Ronny Turiaf

Center - Goose

Sixth Man - CJ Watson/ B. Wright
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 am
speakonitgod wrote:What starting line-up in your opinion would be the most effective in utilizing our players strengths and flushing out our weaknesses? I would like to know each and every one of your opinions, but its hard to keep up through all the constant thread making. So take some time, think it over, and post your own starting line-up and as a bonus you can throw in your sixth man of choice and/or who you would like to see come off the bench for your starting line-up. Have fun and lighten up! Season ain't over yet!

Point Guard - Jamal Crawford

Shooting Guard - Stephen Jackson

Small Forward - Corey Maggette

Power Forward - Ronny Turiaf

Center - Goose

Sixth Man - CJ Watson/ B. Wright


can I co-sign on your lineup Speak? The thing this team needs right now is a backup center so Turiaf and Biedrins can play more together. Maybe go crazy athletic and play Randolph at the backup 5 spot?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:44 am
speakonitgod wrote:[color=darkred]What starting line-up in your opinion would be the most effective in utilizing our players strengths and flushing out our weaknesses? I would like to know each and every one of your opinions, but its hard to keep up through all the constant thread making. So take some time, think it over, and post your own starting line-up and as a bonus you can throw in your sixth man of choice and/or who you would like to see come off the bench for your starting line-up. Have fun and lighten up! Season ain't over yet!


I'm gonna post two lineups, the one that would make us win more games now and the one that suits us better for the future.

To win now, it would be something like this:

PG.- CJ Watson (our only PG, even tho he's far from a quality starter)
SG.- Monta Ellis (once healthy, Crawford til then).
SF.- Jackson
PF.- Turiaf
C.- Biedrins

Sixth man: Maggs.


For the future:

PG.- CJ Watson
SG.- Ellis
SF.- Jackson
PF.- Wright
C.- Biedrins

Sixth Man: Still Maggs, but Randolph should get lots of minutes.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 am
TMC wrote:
I'm gonna post two lineups, the one that would make us win more games now and the one that suits us better for the future.

To win now, it would be something like this:

PG.- CJ Watson (our only PG, even tho he's far from a quality starter)
SG.- Monta Ellis (once healthy, Crawford til then).
SF.- Jackson
PF.- Turiaf
C.- Biedrins

Sixth man: Maggs.


For the future:

PG.- CJ Watson
SG.- Ellis
SF.- Jackson
PF.- Wright
C.- Biedrins

Sixth Man: Still Maggs, but Randolph should get lots of minutes.


cosigned... I like maggs off the bench and CJ has been playing solid.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:50 am
:mrgreen: [-o<

PG. Crawford/Watson
SG. Monta/Azubuike
SF. Jackson/maggette/randolph
PF. Blake Griffin/Wright
C. Goose/Turiaf
Last edited by KC on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1099
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:54 am
Pg: Ellis
Sg: Jackson
Sf: Randolph
Pf: Wright
C: Beans

6th man mags
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am
I agree with TMC (and others) who think CJ should get the start over Crawford. I actually had him on my starting list but changed it at the last second. I understand our CJ has come a long way and has fought to earn his spot here. That's the only reason I would grant him a starting position. Other than that, I honestly believe Crawford is more in a position to lead the pack until Ellis returns. When we get Monta back I still think Crawford should handle the 1, while Ellis takes the 2 and shift Jack to the 3. Then we will be in the money.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:59 am
Since we're working towards the future

PG - Crawford/Watson/Jack
SG - Jack/Azubuike/Morrow/Belinelli
SF - Randolph/Mags/Jack
PF - Wright/Randolph/Turiaf
C - Biedrins/Turiaf

No clue what the hell we do when Monta comes back since we have 5,723 SGs.

The only reason I put Crawford above CJ is his ability to keep the ball moving. Watson sometimes falls into the same trap Jack does and doesn't move the ball.
Last edited by Captain_Jack on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:01 am
Jimbob can you whip up another starting lineup using only players that can play at this moment? One of the reasons I'm making this thread is for people to let out some frustration in regards to Nellie's starting line-up choices. I want to see what others want to see now.

I do like ur choices though. 8) :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:04 am
9 man rotation

crawford
jackson
maggette
turiaf
goose

6.wright/watson
8.azubuike
9.randolph

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:41 am
1st team:
crawford
buike
s-jax
wright
beans

2nd team:
watson
belli
maggs
randolph
turiaf

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:10 pm
while monta is still out:

Crawford / Watson
Jackson / Buike
Maggs /
Wright / Randolph
Biedrins / Turiaf

when monta returns:

Crawford / Watson
Ellis / Buike
Jackson / Maggs
Wright / Randolph
Biedrins / Turiaf

Rookie
Posts: 18
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:27 pm
PG: Watson
SG: Crawford
SG2: Maggette
SF: SJax
C: Biedrins
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:44 pm
BattyRidah wrote:PG: Watson
SG: Crawford
SG2: Maggette
SF: SJax
C: Biedrins


:badgrin: :evil:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:46 pm
BattyRidah wrote:PG: Watson
SG: Crawford
SG2: Maggette
SF: SJax
C: Biedrins


Don?................is that you? :wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 21 guests