espn reporting knicks warriors working on a trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:18 pm
Nellie's dream of starting 5 swingmen is coming closer to being realized.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:23 pm
THIZZ wrote:Anybody have an idea of when his first game with us will be?

He won't play tonight, but I assume hell be traveling with the team for there upcoming road trip.

I'd say the Philly game.

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:36 pm
d1mex wrote:
THIZZ wrote:Anybody have an idea of when his first game with us will be?

He won't play tonight, but I assume hell be traveling with the team for there upcoming road trip.

I'd say the Philly game.

yeah that seems about right...im not sure how much time hed get if he started playing that early though. i mean he's in shape, but learning a whole new playbook and a slightly different system where defense is now a big focus i see him getting more time in the game against either washington or boston.

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:37 pm
Now Ive thought about it more...........I dont like this AT ALL.

Aside from the fact that we adding a defenseless S-Jax (Ie: turnover prone, poor percentage chucker) and screwing ourselves even more from a cap point of view.

But WTF happens when Monta comes back???

Azu doesnt play anymore, gets pissed off.
Morrow doesnt get a chance anymore.
Brandan doesnt play anymore cuz Mags is at the PF.
Randolph doesnt play any more because S-Jax is at the SF.

F*cks sake........there is no way to fix our problems unless Monta or alot of the players go.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:39 pm
E-Man wrote:there is no way nelly cant play the young bigs.

Are you willing to bet on this?. Because I think that this trade doesn't help Randolph and Wright at all. We're gonna play Biedrins and four guards, and Turiaf will spell Dre as our only big man during games.

At least, that's what I think Nellie will do.

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:43 pm
TMC wrote:

Are you willing to bet on this?. Because I think that this trade doesn't help Randolph and Wright at all. We're gonna play Biedrins and four guards, and Turiaf will spell Dre as our only big man during games.

exactly my feeling as well. I think this further roots Wright and especially AR on the bench.

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:54 pm
TMC wrote:

you're probably right..but as far as a lineup point of view wright is gonna be the one to come in and spell maggs. any lineup other than the starting lineup maggs is at the 3. lineup-wise you got cj, buike, morrow, wright, and ronny in the second unit (randolph probably wont get the time since it seems nelly has been giving whatever time to wright). nelly isnt gonna ignore the fact that wright can play now that he's finally seen it.

the way im looking at this is not that crawford is taking away time from wright, but that he's taking time away from morrow and buike (once ellis comes back). plus, and let me get this out of the way now, morrow has been good but there is no way he is as consistent as we are hoping he will be. i have a feeling out of the 5 games on the upcoming road trip, he'll do well on maybe 2 of them. i hope im wrong, but i just have a feeling.

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:55 pm
first off wrote:Thirdly,
I think David lee is a real possibility (I want him too!). While it's logical to think they'd want to keep him... Knicks have a 97M payroll. they have to shed some money by the end of this year. His contract is expiring and everybody and their mother knows Lee's next contract is going to be a big one. why not get something of value (Harrington) before he goes into free agency?

........... actually I just did the math, and next year (assuming they don't resign Marbury, James, and Rose) they lose 33 million so there not doing that bad

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 pm
IT's OFFICIAL AL FOR CRAWFORD!!!!

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 pm
Sure it looks bad on paper, and Nellie is not a great rotation coach like Doc, Phil, Pops but heck having a guy who can shoot threes and score 20 can't hurt the squad than a whiny PF that can't rebound. While Doc and Sloan develop 2nd round PFs that have an impact(Powe, Milsap) , Nellie is trying to have 8 guards on his squad play simultaneously. Portland had a great dynasty because they kept getting PF to develop in the draft. Curry will help us win now more than having Morrow or AR in a critical 4th quarter moment. Seeing Amare take jumper after jumper in a futile loss to the Fakers, besides the Fakers and maybe Utah, having four good guards should be good enough to make the playoffs. It seems we are trying to maximize the winning in the three year window of Nellie, Jackson, Biedrins and Mags. Anyone outside that plan is as disposable as Jrich, BD, Pietrus, Barnes, POB, Belinelli and that may include fan fave Morrow, Ellis, AR and BW.

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

exactly my feeling as well. I think this further roots Wright and especially AR on the bench.

Looks to me like Nelson has himself a rotation he can go to war with. Four guards and Beans will win some ball games. And I agree, I doubt this means more playing time for Wright and Randolph.

My questions is this: is Nelson being told to win now, not develop? Or is he simply doing what it takes to win now?

Role Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm
well, i'm suspicious as the next person. mostly i just don't want morrow's minutes to disappear, which seems impossible considering how lights out he's been. so what i'm hoping for, which would be GREAT, is for JAX and AZU to not play as many minutes, but rather, that they get reduced into the 30's, so that not only everyone is playing, but also that everyone is rested and playing to optimal capabilities.

it will be curious though how the ship holds together once monta gets back..

Hall of Famer
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:04 pm
E-Man wrote:you're probably right..but as far as a lineup point of view wright is gonna be the one to come in and spell maggs. any lineup other than the starting lineup maggs is at the 3. lineup-wise you got cj, buike, morrow, wright, and ronny in the second unit (randolph probably wont get the time since it seems nelly has been giving whatever time to wright). nelly isnt gonna ignore the fact that wright can play now that he's finally seen it.

the way im looking at this is not that crawford is taking away time from wright, but that he's taking time away from morrow and buike (once ellis comes back). plus, and let me get this out of the way now, morrow has been good but there is no way he is as consistent as we are hoping he will be. i have a feeling out of the 5 games on the upcoming road trip, he'll do well on maybe 2 of them. i hope im wrong, but i just have a feeling.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe I'm paranoid after adding yet another SG, seems like 80% of our roster is composed of SGs.

Well, in any case, I'm just afraid that, having so many good wing players, Nellie might decide to reduce Wright's minutes and play Maggs and Jax at PF, allowing for more play time for Crawford, Azu and Morrow at the wings.

As for Morrow, I'm pretty sure none of us expects him to be our go-to guy. He's playing great, but I don't think he'll be able to keep it up for the rest of the year. With that said, the key word here is "think". He deserves to keep playing and, if he keeps performing as well, he deserves to become that go-to guy til he proves he can't be. That's the only fair way to reward the way he's been playing the last couple of games.

Rookie
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Now Ive thought about it more...........I dont like this AT ALL.

Aside from the fact that we adding a defenseless S-Jax (Ie: turnover prone, poor percentage chucker) and screwing ourselves even more from a cap point of view.

But WTF happens when Monta comes back???

Azu doesnt play anymore, gets pissed off.
Morrow doesnt get a chance anymore.
Brandan doesnt play anymore cuz Mags is at the PF.
Randolph doesnt play any more because S-Jax is at the SF.

F*cks sake........there is no way to fix our problems unless Monta or alot of the players go.

Everybody needs to just calm down, was listening to Fitz earlier and agreed with many of the points he was making. Some of which were the same as mine. The line up WONT be very much different. Crawford will now be playing the 1, with Morrow at the 2, Jackson at the 3, Mags at the 4, and Biedrins at the 5. Then once Monta comes back him or Crawford can play the 1 with Jackson, Mags, and Biedrins. Buike will now be coming off the bench which is a better role for him and when Monta comes back Morrow will become that instant offense off the bench as well.

This move makes the Warriors better, and Fitz said the only reason the Knicks even moved Crawford was because he has 3 years left and they are in the Lebron Sweepstakes. If he had 2 years left there is NO way they make this deal because the Warriors STOLE Crawford from the knicks. Crawford is better then Harrington and has played very well in the uptempo offense of the Knicks which will be similar to ours.

Also i dont think this move will have an effect on how Nellie decides to play the Big guys. Even before the trade he has not played Wright or Randolph the past 2 games. I still think Wright will play and get minutes in the right situations as Nellie likes to say, but as for Randolph i dont see him playing every night. Though that is not because of the trade, its because he is a young rookie and thats what Nellie does.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:09 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Looks to me like Nelson has himself a rotation he can go to war with. Four guards and Beans will win some ball games. And I agree, I doubt this means more playing time for Wright and Randolph.

That's for sure. I'm sure Nellie loves this trade and the options it opens up on the backcourt. This is gonna be extremely fun to watch, but will live and die by their guards even more than before. And that won't take you long in the NBA.

Although it's clear that we're better than before the trade, because Al wasn't even playing. And I think Crawford has a lot of talent and can help some teams. Just don't think we're one of those teams, considering how loaded we're at the G and SF spots.

StuckInSoCal wrote:My questions is this: is Nelson being told to win now, not develop? Or is he simply doing what it takes to win now?

I'm sure he's in win-now mode, but by himself. I don't think anybody has told him anything.