espn reporting knicks warriors working on a trade

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:25 pm
jimbob631 wrote:this is a great trade for my knicks but for the warriors this is just bad. Jamal Crawford is a terrible player, he chucks like no other player in the league and unlike jax he plays absolutely no defense wat so ever. Horrible move by the warriors.
hes not efficient enough on offense to be a bad defense player.

You confuse the sh*t out of me...............

Rookie
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:35 pm
another guard? wtf :roll:

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:49 pm
fuk man where is this franchise heading... we just strained ourselves even further in terms of finance....

I SAID EXPIRERS DAMMIT... EXPIRERS!!!!

Role Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:52 pm
bigstrads wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:this is a great trade for my knicks but for the warriors this is just bad. Jamal Crawford is a terrible player, he chucks like no other player in the league and unlike jax he plays absolutely no defense wat so ever. Horrible move by the warriors.

So Crawford doesn't play defense... and you think Harrington does????

And to call Crawford terrible in oppose to what Al offers shows just a bit of negligence and perhaps a sense of false hope to what Al is going to bring to your "beloved" Knicks.

Rookie
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:52 pm
You guys will be pleasantly surprised at what a player Crawford is. I think you should wait and see how he does first before you guys rip him and say what a bad player/fit he will be. Hes a great shooter and is shooting 45% from 3. Is a great FT shooter, and great ball handler. Just give him some time then make a decision, because i think he will flourish with the Warriors.

Role Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:55 pm
bigstrads wrote:

So Crawford doesn't play defense... and you think Harrington does????

And to call Crawford terrible in oppose to what Al offers shows just a bit of negligence and perhaps a sense of false hope to what Al is going to bring to your "beloved" Knicks.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:55 pm
d1mex wrote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?

I don't want to say I called it...but I called it (in my trade thread: Al for...)

Look, alot of people aren't liking the trade. Saying Crawford doesnt solve a damn problem, shoots to much, and we have enough guards already. Well, I disagree.

What has Al brought us in his tenure with us? OK, he played great during the WE BELIEVE movement, as everyone did. But other than that? On the court? He was good, but not great. A great teammate (until recently), but not that much else. I loved Al for what he did, his Soulja Boy dance, and Im happy we traded him to the Knicks, where he wanted to go.

Too address the trade here's what I think:

1) When Al requested his trade, what did we think we were going to get for him? A top 30 player who averages 20 a game? Hell no...Gerald Wallace, Yi, David Lee were all possible targets, but none straight up deals. Mullin deserves credit for getting another STEAL. A hurt, unmotivated Al for a guy who is thriving right now???

2) Yeah he shoots too much, but doesn't everyone on the Warriors? Sure, we have enough guards already, but this just makes our team even deeper. Isn't Nellieball supposed to be dominated by guards? We still have Wright, Beans, Turiaf, and Randolph (?).

3) This deal was a steal. A straight STEAL. Crawford was the best player we could have gotten for Al, even if we did add a player. Gerald Wallace? Raymond Felton? Yi? All unproven or injury prone. Crawford is an established scorer. The fact that we got a contributing, scoring, top scorer is a great move. Oh yeah, and he's in Dantoni's system, which resembles our run-n-gun style. I'd say theres a fit too....

The only thing I worry about is this taking playing time away from our youngings (Morrow, Wright, Azu, Randolph). Morrow will play the most, but Wright hasnt played much lately, and Azu has been starting, Randolph has shown some signs.

Here's our lineup now:

Crawford/CJ?
Morrow/Azu?
Jax
Maggs
Beans

That aint half bad at ALL, I'd say thats pretty damn good, especially with Ronny, Azu, Wright, CJ, Marcus, Randolph. Yeah, alot of young guys, but there up and coming and have talent.

Now, with Monta back:

Monta
Crawford
Jax
Maggs
Beans

YIKES, dare I say playoff worthy lineup? With Azu, Ronny, Wright, CJ and friends off the bench?

All in all, a GREAT trade. Look at value, Al's hurt, hasnt played much at all this year, and we got a 20+ plus guy who's been playing very well this season? GREAT DEAL MULLY.

I really like these Mully/Walsh deals...

A+
_____

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

The thing is.....when you have a chucker that hits a high percentage of his shots, its not so bad. In NY he had nothing to work with....here, he has a pretty decent team around him. Im sure he will be taking less shots, but might score nearly as many points.

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:00 pm
i think crawford is gonna be playing more point guard for us until monta comes back...then once monta is healthy the starting lineup would look something like it has been: monta, crawford, jackson, maggs, and biedrins. then we got cj, buike, morrow, randolph, wright, and turiaf off the bench making us pretty deep. for the mean time tho crawford will take morrows spot in the starting lineup (once he's used to the system) and morrow will move to the bench.

so for now:
crawford, buike, jack, maggs, dre
cj, morrow, randolph, wright, ronny

now that i look at that lineup, this move makes us deep without hindering the growth of wright and randolph. maggs will start at PF but there is no way nelly cant play the young bigs.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:01 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

The thing is.....when you have a chucker that hits a high percentage of his shots, its not so bad. In NY he had nothing to work with....here, he has a pretty decent team around him. Im sure he will be taking less shots, but might score nearly as many points.

great point, the Knicks had Lee around him, thats about it. Curry/Randolph are garbage. Balkman? WOW.

He has good players around him, you dont think he likes this trade? From Zach, Curry, Malik, and Lee to Jackson, Biedrins, Maggette, Morrow (!), Azu, Ronny, not to mention Monta coming back? YEE

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:You guys will be pleasantly surprised at what a player Crawford is. I think you should wait and see how he does first before you guys rip him and say what a bad player/fit he will be. Hes a great shooter and is shooting 45% from 3. Is a great FT shooter, and great ball handler. Just give him some time then make a decision, because i think he will flourish with the Warriors.

imo that is a WAY inflated view of Crawford. He is not even CLOSE to a great shooter. He is a career 40% guy and 34% from 3. He is much more a scorer than shooter which we have plenty of. That is why morrow is refreshing because he is a SHOOTER.

Franchise Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm
"Always" Next wrote:The thing is.....when you have a chucker that hits a high percentage of his shots, its not so bad. In NY he had nothing to work with....here, he has a pretty decent team around him. Im sure he will be taking less shots, but might score nearly as many points.

But he DOESNT hit a high %! unless seeing Jax play for so long that our standards have sunk. In that case, he is damn near Larry Bird. :wink:

» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm
so maybe for now, there will be no trades... and depending on what happens now through when Monta returns, then maybe they will re-evaluate their options.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:so maybe for now, there will be no trades... and depending on what happens now through when Monta returns, then maybe they will re-evaluate their options.

Maybe the Marco trade goes through now? I still think he will get traded sometime soon.

Role Player
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:17 pm
Anybody have an idea of when his first game with us will be?