Udonis Haslem: "Gimmick Defenses are for Cowards"

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:22 am
Count Udonis Haslem as an old school kind of player that doesn't like the kind of gimmick defenses that coaches like Don Nelson utilize.

"It gets old after a while," Haslem said. "Basketball is supposed to be 5-on-5. People mix all those junk defenses. To me, I feel like that's kind of cowardly. Just play ball."

via RealGM

Okay Udonis,

you have someone about 3-4 inches shorter than you guarding you with your back to the basket. And you're complaining? and its cowardly? Just shut your mouth Udonis, really.

Just based on this, I hope Maggs to Udonis what he did to LaMarcus and make him completely irrelevant when they play the Heat.

Yeah, I'll live with us Warrior fans having discussions about the pros/cons of our defensive setup, but when other teams get in the mix it's on.

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:36 pm
wait so is he complaining about small ball? how is that a gimmick? a lot of teams go small so they can be faster. its a strategy not a gimmick.

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA. "Just play 5-ON-5."

too bad that's EXACTLY the kind of defense the warriors play. you want 5-on-5 defense then get rid of players like kobe, lebron, tmac, and wade who play 1-on-5 offense.

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:44 pm
i don't get what he is complaining about.

it can't be small ball - miami is using haslem as their center, which makes them a small ball team.

edit- i read the original article, and he's complaining about how teams leave him open. he finds it disrespectful. welcome to the whining club.

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:43 pm
This just makes me more excited to play the Heat and target on one player... Udonis Haslem.

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:41 pm
udonis who?!?! whose that??

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:41 pm
8th ave wrote:udonis who?!?! whose that??

word

All Star
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 pm
wtf is a "gimmick defence" anyway? Only one i can think of is Hack A Shaq

Starting Lineup
» Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:59 pm
appropriate Udonis Haslem anagrams:

Aimless Hound
Sham Delusion

All Star
» Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:appropriate Udonis Haslem anagrams:

Aimless Hound
Sham Delusion

That is awesome.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:20 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:
Count Udonis Haslem as an old school kind of player that doesn't like the kind of gimmick defenses that coaches like Don Nelson utilize.

"It gets old after a while," Haslem said. "Basketball is supposed to be 5-on-5. People mix all those junk defenses. To me, I feel like that's kind of cowardly. Just play ball."

via RealGM

Okay Udonis,

you have someone about 3-4 inches shorter than you guarding you with your back to the basket. And you're complaining? and its cowardly? Just shut your mouth Udonis, really.

Just based on this, I hope Maggs to Udonis what he did to LaMarcus and make him completely irrelevant when they play the Heat.

Yeah, I'll live with us Warrior fans having discussions about the pros/cons of our defensive setup, but when other teams get in the mix it's on.

ummmmm. i hate you haslem