Stephon Marbury didn't suit up tonight: Coaches Decision

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:43 pm
It's painfully obvious we need a PG in here...

Big Al wants out.....

Anyone on the board a numbers guru? Will those contracts work in a trade? If not, what would we have to give in addition to?

I can't stand to watch us bounce balls off our shoes all season.

Rookie
» Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:17 pm

Damn, you beat me to it West Coast O! I was going to post a thread about the latest drama with Stephon Marbury & the Knicks.

Apparently the Knicks owner Dolan is ordering the coaching staff to keep Marbury in the bench.. even though they won the game against the Heat on opening night. (which mean... the Knicks is making sure to keep Stephon healthy until a team is offering to take him...)

Chris Mullin has ties with Donnie Walsh at Indiana.. wouldn't be surprise if an Al Harrington/Starbury trade is in the works.

How long is Nellie going to allow Stephen Jackson to handle the point.. (Monta Ellis is out till January!) The Warriors have a rough schedule ahead and the season could be over by the time Monta is back.

The time is right for Mullin to pull a trade to send uphappy Al to the Big Apple for Starbury. (they got nothing to lose... considering Marbury is in his last year of contract with the Knicks.)

Franchise Player
» Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:25 pm
No, no, no, never, no, no, never.

Role Player
» Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:27 pm
I'm gonna say it so that bigs, bada and others don't have to.

WE DONT F'IN WANT HIM! HE'S A CANCER TO THE TEAM!

How hard is it to read the other threads? Honestly.

Franchise Player
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:00 am
PVWarriorFan wrote:I'm gonna say it so that bigs, bada and others don't have to.

Thats bud..........but I think I shall re-iterate, just to drive it home for the 19th time this off-season.

Ohh and by the way, for the 19th time again............the number dont work!!! Marbury earns 20 mil a year, the only way he could come here is if he is cut and he signs for the vets minimum.

Unless you want to package Al and Beans for this amazing "star" player that would revive our team............that would be worth it right? cuz hes just that good. :roll:

All Star
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:21 am
Im one of the few who actually thinks Marbury would help our team win but I wouldn't give up Al for him and I only would sign him if we restructured his enormous contract.
Last edited by KC on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:14 am
bigstrads wrote:
PVWarriorFan wrote:I'm gonna say it so that bigs, bada and others don't have to.

Thats bud..........but I think I shall re-iterate, just to drive it home for the 19th time this off-season.

Ohh and by the way, for the 19th time again............the number dont work!!! Marbury earns 20 mil a year, the only way he could come here is if he is cut and he signs for the vets minimum.

Unless you want to package Al and Beans for this amazing "star" player that would revive our team............that would be worth it right? cuz hes just that good. :roll:

It'd be pretty stupid to get him and that 20 mil, when we coulda kept Baron for 17 mil this year and about 12 per over the next three.

Role Player
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:41 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

It'd be pretty stupid to get him and that 20 mil, when we coulda kept Baron for 17 mil this year and about 12 per over the next three.

For sure why would you want an older higher paid less productive version of BD when you could have had BD for cheaper?

Franchise Player
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:55 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Give me that Big Juicy Expriring Contract... Yummy Yum!~!

Its not like the Knicks have a chance of getting under the free agency mark.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:05 pm

I dont know that we would be any worst off with him than we are without any point guard...in a perfect world I wouldnt want him but desperate times call for desperate measures, and who is to say he wont get along with nellie? Nellie has always been able to get the best out of point guards, look at BDiddy before he came to the Dubz he was looked at as a cancer on the hornets but once he got a change of scenery things started looking up. I honestly think Marbury and his attitude is more of a product of bad coaches as well as playing in NY in front of the most idiotic vulgar fans on earth. Plus if for some reason he doesnt fit with us we ****ing cut his ass and keep it movin....I have seen marbury play well, and when he does he is as talented as any pg in the league, and with the backing and freedom nellie would give him i think he COULD flourish....however it is up to him to want to...I just think its worth the risk

All Star
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:56 pm
I got it, the perfect marbury trade. bigs what do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~308~3435~378~3455~3277~3039~3242~990~509&teams=18~18~18~18~18~18~18~18~9~9&te=&cash=

he can't be a cancer to a team we don't have! HA!

Hall of Famer
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:57 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There would be riots on the streets, buddy...

Franchise Player
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:06 pm
first off wrote:I got it, the perfect marbury trade. bigs what do you think?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~308~3435~378~3455~3277~3039~3242~990~509&teams=18~18~18~18~18~18~18~18~9~9&te=&cash=

Nice, real nice..................hey, atleast it works salary wise and you took that into consideration, not like alot of people on here who seem to think we could take on a 20 mil salary with just Harrington.

Man, can you IMAGINE if something like that happend???..............Ill be honest, NOTHING has ever tested my fanship and I always will be a Warrior...............but if that happend, I dont know man. :shock:

All Star
» Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:11 pm
first off wrote:I got it, the perfect marbury trade. bigs what do you think?

that's at least rational for a seven man rotation. plus i love curry. it tastes so good and goes well out the ass - BLOW!

Hall of Famer
» Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:01 am
martin wrote:plus i love curry. it tastes so good and goes well out the ass - BLOW!

That brings to mind a very disturbing image of Eddy Curry going out of... nah, forget it. :mrgreen: