yes
84%
no
16%

Total votes : 25

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:38 pm
DO you guys think Mike Dunleavy will be a Warrior at the start of next season :?:
"Checklist, ain't nobody next to us
Step to us and get reduced to a speck of dust"..DEL

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:01 pm
Of course he'll be there, but now he's got someone itchin' for his position. If that don't fire him up, nothin' will.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:06 pm
It looks to be TMurph's job on the line. When Danny Granger, Joey Graham, Hakkim Warrick were all on the board, they went with a Gritty Power Forward. ( Guys like Joey Graham and Danny Granger in my opinon are better talents )

I'm really hoping that Taft is the sleeper and has a stellar career with us!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:46 am
I would rather have Tayshaun Prince than Dumbwitty. Guys that take no pride in their defense have no business being in the starting lineup. Dungheap should never had been drafted by the Warriors.

As for Murphy, the guy cannot finish a play near the basket. Let's move him for a coke machine, and a future draft pick. The only way that I say keep Murphy, is if he moves to center, we play a high post game, and have him hopefully play quicker against bigger players.

BTW, this post was not meant as a flame, only as thoughts from a passionate Warrior fan.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:59 pm
Have you ever tried to finish a play with Murphy when he has a clear lane in Nba live? He always gets stuffed out of nowhere by someone. Very disheartening, lol.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:27 pm
Why would any team be interested in either one of these guys?

Murphy can be a good high post center, but Dungleaves has shown me nothing. He is a defensive liability, too tentative on offense, and does not make his teammates better. He was a very bad draft pick.

Sigh...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:49 pm
T ' money if your so " passionate of a warrior fan " where have you been :?: why only 3 post's and two of them negative :?: NOW both players have there liabilitys but both have improved and are working on those areas of there game that need improvement :!: I also disagree about Dun Jr not making other players better and think you are worse of a scout and fan then Dun Jr was a draft pick :mrgreen: Oh and Dirty Jersey when going to the rack on live with murph go hard and with confidence early OR he has a baby cross over that gives him room to either dunk or get to the line if you tap the square button :!: I have dunked on shaq and whoever is in the way and am TOP RANKED with the W'S even before B' Diddy :!: WHAT............. 8)

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 am
Just heard about the board.

Been going to GSW games since 1973 (3rd grade for me. I was a big Cazzie and Nate fan).

On a positive note, the combination of Baron Davis, JRich, and Air France gives me hope for an up tempo athletic team.

Also, Monty's Stanford teams, were physical and got the the free throw line quite often. If we can develop a low block presence on offense, this team can improve immensely.

Foyle can be a poor-man's Ben Wallace, which is good enough to win.

Murph and Dungheap are real defensive liabilites.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:57 am
monty's stanfurd teams always had big guys (recent memory recalls borchard and the collins twins)

and tmoney, i'm sure all of us agree that dun and murph have HORRIBLE d. we used to say the same abuot jrich before this year. but we've also talked about how murph and dun have been improving every year, and hopefulyl with an offseason to focus on their game, maybe they can somehow improve some of their weaknesses.

to me, as a warriors fan, i can only assume (and hope) that mulling has good reason to be such a big dun supporter. and he does make others better. as fitz points out EVERY time (too much actually) dun makes a decent play...

as for murph, he has the perfect ingredients to be a great roleplayer. for a PF, lacking a low post presence is a tremendous weakness, but his unique skills for his position can make up for that IF we have another player on the floor who can help carry his load inside. remember, bc he's always standing around on the outside on offense, people have to respect his shots, thereby freeing up the inside even more for bdiddys drives

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:47 am
Murph can be a poor man's Bill Lambier; remember his high pick and roll where he would shoot the try.

For this to work, we desperately need an inside presence. The
Bad Boy Piston teams had Dantley, Aguire, James Edwards to post up on the block. The Warriors may eventually get that from Ike; I hope so.

I cannot get past how horrible Dungheap's and Murphy's defense are. Foyle gets a pass here because of how he contests every shot in the lane.

As for Monty, yes, he had good big men, but not great big men at Stanford. His system emphasized the low block, solid screens, discipline, and best of all tenacity. He also allowed for his guards to play up tempo (Knight, Lichti, Jacobson, etc.).

I am looking forward to next year's team.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:12 pm
I believe so.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:38 pm
too early to tell on dunwhatleavy. as a point guard he learns to post up and drive to the basket against point guards. he might be clone of chauncy. shootover point guard which might be little easy since he's close to 6'10 i think. i heard he grew, anybody knows he's real height. but defensively would be liable unless the warriors r scoring machine like the nelly days. maybe just bulkup and play pf like pj brown. he needs to know he's role so he work on developing his body. remember antawn. i think he would have been a solid pf. he was fast for his position. just look how he gets to the ball. if he good enogh and u keep him under the salary cap maybe we should keep him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:42 pm
A warrior next year?

I hope not.

Put Air France in at the small forward position. Our D

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:02 am
YOUNG DUN keeps the offense FLOWING and is a good TEAM defender who does need to work harder on his 'D' and be more AGGRESSIVE on OFFENSE and pietrus is a GOOD defender who also is inconsistent on offense but very EXPLOSIVE :!: NOW if dun gets BIGGER and STRONGER he will be BETTER in those areas so this is a BIG offseason that should answer SOME valid ?'s , pietrus POTENTIAL is off the RICHTER :!: IT WOULD'NT make sense to trade EITHER player at this point unless there was a nobrainer :crazy: ! and according to Mullin and THIS POLL it looks like some jr haters are gonna have to keep on speculHATEN playin FANTASY G.M. when really this TEAM is in a great situation with both players so young and talented with different attributes to contribute :!: meanwhile MURPHY is somewhere LIFTING WEIGHT'S and WORKING HARD ON HIS POST GAME :mrgreen: IF you hate it I love it :!: PEACE
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:54 am
I just believe that our team sould be aiming for the championship. If you believe our roster as it is can bring a title in the next 2-3 years then dont trade anyone. Personaly i dont believe it.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball