Warriors investigating Ellis' explanation of injury

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:yeah i guess ihave trouble with ALL the conten in that report as the fellow was said to be dispatched was out of the country.....it was hard for me to take any of that report as real :?:

Yeah I get what you're saying, it's just if you look at it objectively the indicators are all there. I don't want it to be true either, but I can't think of ANY way for him to get a syndesmotic deviation working out. Maybe sky diving or something with some seriously high impact, but not working out.

to me at the end of the day i dont care how....but i dont want to buy into some theory.....untill its proven to be sure. not saying it wasnt a bike wreck...just thinking by now something would have surfaced :?:

Rookie
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 am
not sure how 'authentic' this is but according to this it really wasn't basketball related

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_10398543

All Star
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:40 pm
so does this mean that he can play with us for like 2 years and then we can cut him if he starts to suck? or do we have to make a decision now before his next paycheck?

All Star
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:51 pm
I think that needs to happen now before he starts the season!!!

All Star
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:55 pm
I think Ellis proving his injury won't affect his long term status might damage the W's progress throughout the season!!! He might not play like the PG that he was supposely groomed to be...

Case in point. He will be a ball hog and be very turnover prone this season!!! He needs his minutes reduced once he comes back...

All Star
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm
I was really looking forward to see Monta run this team...

Whats done is done... I wish Monta a quick recovery

Starting Lineup
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:33 pm
I don't think it will affect him long term. It's better this than an ACL, Achilles or broken leg. He's young, he's a fast healer. The only thing is that having his ankle immobilized for that long will mean his leg muscles will atrophy, and it will take him a good long time to get the strength back up and the weight back on. He'll have all of training camp to do this, and then it's only a matter of getting the basketball stuff back on track. I'm sure right now he's sitting in his living room twirling a basketball in his hands though.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:56 pm
J-Rich wrote:I think Ellis proving his injury won't affect his long term status might damage the W's progress throughout the season!!! He might not play like the PG that he was supposely groomed to be...

Case in point. He will be a ball hog and be very turnover prone this season!!! He needs his minutes reduced once he comes back...

I agree, while we are at it, LETS GET THE WARRIORS OUT OF OAKLAND. CUT everybody and send them to Seattle.... They need a basketball team. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

All Star
» Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm
J-Rich wrote:I think Ellis proving his injury won't affect his long term status might damage the W's progress throughout the season!!! He might not play like the PG that he was supposely groomed to be...

Wait, I usually get you, but I'm not really sure what you're saying here.

All Star
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:36 pm
espn said he lied about his injury

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3574017

All Star
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:31 pm
What I meant to say that this injury will effect the way Monta is brought back into the starting lineup as the pg. Instead of being a pass first pg then might take more ill advised shots and that ankle of his might cause him to have tendonitis.

When he is brought back depending on how our record is at that time. I advise that Nellie slowly work him in the system. Reason for that is so Monta won't have to prove that this injury affected his past performances.

I know everyone here expects Monta to play the heavy minutes once he gets back. And the fans want to see him perform at a higher level. As for me I rather see him play 20-25 minutes a game and work himself back in. Next season will be the deciding factor!!!

Starting Lineup
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:22 pm
Way to go Ellis!!! You've gone from running the team to ruining the team.

I hope that ATV ride was worth it...

All Star
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:26 pm
I really think when Monta comes back this season. He will average 14-16 pts a game for this season!!!

All Star
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:09 pm
damn foreal? like that? ruining the team? i mean the guy has a life...he made a mistake, got scared, and lied about it...much like 99% of us probably would have done in his situation.

im just gonna patiently wait for his return and be happy when he's healthy and playing like monta again. then im gonna sit behind my computer and chuckle when i see everyone who is mad at him now turn back around and swing on his nuts.

Role Player
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:18 pm
I think he got jumped in Mississippi. Move to the Bay Area Monta....