Al-Jack for Dung-Murph revisited

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:34 pm
This thread is lame.

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:27 pm
Fact of the matter is Dunleavy is a better fit for Indy and Jackson is a better fit for us. Both had their career years last season. But anyone that believes Dunleavy is the clear front runner in that trade must be seeing cows flying. Jackson brings far more than what the box score provides. Clutch, emotion, heart. I've never seen Dunnyboy do that... EVER.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:12 pm
Dunleavy was a terrible Warrior, but give me a break, Jackson or Al are not the next coming of LeBron James, Josh Smith, Boozer, Agent Zero and no coach would actually say either Jackson or Al has any room to improve. Both Jackson and AL are ROLE players and nice players but not going to take us the playoffs. Quite simply our young players (Arenas, Jamison, Dunleavy, J-Rich ... even BD) are now the best players on their current squads ... which basically says our talent evaluation skills are not so good, and we have loaded up with win now coaches, that don't have the ability to develop players as well as legit coaches like Sloan, Phil, Larry, Pops. Bottom line, Cohan and Mullie knew we would have record attendance after the Dallas playoff series and sold us down the river for more affordable younger players. What peace pipe are we smoking that we think a backcourt of Azu, Belinelli, Ellis and Jackson is better than J-Rich, BD, Ellis and Jackson. By the way didn't we just lose a top player (BD) and two lottery picks for nothing but cap space. I don't think we can blame that on Dunleavy.

All Star
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:29 pm
what do you mean? by they sold us down the river? the warriors pretty much signed the future with so much 5-6 year contracts.. I don't think thats the FO being cheap...

Rookie
» Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:21 am
Dunleavy is a weak ass turd who can't run, rebound or play defense. Also, his passing skills are overrated. No wonder why, in seven NBA seasons, he's NEVER been on a winning team.

All Star
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 am
I don't know where Capt.Jack got the idea that Jax was one of those guys that was deserving but left off the all-star team. Capt., I don't think anyone dislike Jax or want Dunleavy back for him, but we do want him to play better and more consistent. I remember reding in one thread here where someone said Jax is better than Michael Redd. Isn't Michael Redd on the dream team playing in the Olympics?

We all have our opinions and bias' on players we like and don't like. For instance, i think Al Harrington is a better player than Jax. He doesn't make the stupid turnovers tha Jax consistently make. He is a better shooter than Jax. If Pietrus made the same type of mistakes that Jax make you guys would be having a field-day ralking about that poor guy. Personally I don't like Jax game but I root for the guy because he has a big hear to go with mediocre talent.

» Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm
If Mike Dunleavy were still in Golden State, he could average 25 PPG and everyone here would still be clamoring to "trade him while his value was high". It doesn't matter how well he does elsewhere; Warriors fans will never embrace Mike Dunleavy.

All Star
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:19 pm
The Coooach wrote:I don't know where Capt.Jack got the idea that Jax was one of those guys that was deserving but left off the all-star team. Capt., I don't think anyone dislike Jax or want Dunleavy back for him, but we do want him to play better and more consistent. I remember reding in one thread here where someone said Jax is better than Michael Redd. Isn't Michael Redd on the dream team playing in the Olympics?

We all have our opinions and bias' on players we like and don't like. For instance, i think Al Harrington is a better player than Jax. He doesn't make the stupid turnovers tha Jax consistently make. He is a better shooter than Jax. If Pietrus made the same type of mistakes that Jax make you guys would be having a field-day ralking about that poor guy. Personally I don't like Jax game but I root for the guy because he has a big hear to go with mediocre talent.

I'm not the one that said Jack got left off, it was a lot of the national media that was saying that, in particular Charles Barkley, I know there were other people too, but I can't remember who.

All Star
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I don't know where Capt.Jack got the idea that Jax was one of those guys that was deserving but left off the all-star team. Capt., I don't think anyone dislike Jax or want Dunleavy back for him, but we do want him to play better and more consistent. I remember reding in one thread here where someone said Jax is better than Michael Redd. Isn't Michael Redd on the dream team playing in the Olympics?

I'm not the one that said Jack got left off, it was a lot of the national media that was saying that, in particular Charles Barkley, I know there were other people too, but I can't remember who.

No prob, Capt. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember an off-the-wall statement like that. And asfor Barkley, he's the class-clown of NBA analysis. He says things just to get a rise. The problem is is that Jax thinks he's a superstar. I just hope he doesn't stunt Monta's growth by taking over the team since Baron has left.

All Star
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:49 pm
The Coooach wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

No prob, Capt. I wouldn't expect anyone to remember an off-the-wall statement like that. And asfor Barkley, he's the class-clown of NBA analysis. He says things just to get a rise. The problem is is that Jax thinks he's a superstar. I just hope he doesn't stunt Monta's growth by taking over the team since Baron has left.

everyone seems to forget the trade was always about harrington more than jack...then nellie took a liking to jack

All Star
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:55 pm
JOEL wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

everyone seems to forget the trade was always about harrington more than jack...then nellie took a liking to jack

AaaaaaaaaaaH, Joel you are so right. Half the league was trying to trade for Harrington. I remember that.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:32 pm
OK, Jack played well our only playoff year.. not even close who was better last year ... Dunleavy and his career year vs Jack and his lead leading 40% FG brick show which led us to the lottery again. Next year will be the decider, but our front court without Murphy and assuming Wright and Randolph gets opps with Smart or my fav coach to replace Neliie, Tom Thibodea (from the NBA champs and top defensive squad) is a major improvement of the Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy joketacular. The J-Rich, Pietrus, POB, BD, Foyle, Sarunas moves kinda show us that AL and Jack are not going to be long time Warriors, trade bait, unlikely, cap relief for Cohan most likely.

All Star
» Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm
dareedle wrote:OK, Jack played well our only playoff year.. not even close who was better last year ... Dunleavy and his career year vs Jack and his lead leading 40% FG brick show which led us to the lottery again. Next year will be the decider, but our front court without Murphy and assuming Wright and Randolph gets opps with Smart or my fav coach to replace Neliie, Tom Thibodea (from the NBA champs and top defensive squad) is a major improvement of the Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy joketacular. The J-Rich, Pietrus, POB, BD, Foyle, Sarunas moves kinda show us that AL and Jack are not going to be long time Warriors, trade bait, unlikely, cap relief for Cohan most likely.

it wass a career year for Jack too last year. Dunleavy led his team to the lottery in the East. Put Dunleavy back in West and I bet his stats fall fast.