Al-Jack for Dung-Murph revisited

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:28 pm
Not to hate on Mully or anything but at this point in those four guys' careers. The clear front-runner for best player is actually Dunnyboy.

If you compare stats he's far and away the leader. Would he ever amount to anything for us? Very likely not, he seems kinda weak mentally.

Is Troy Murphy worth anything at all? No, but Al doesn't look <i>that</i> much better at this point. Better, yes, but not great.

I love Jax and his clutchness but the man doesn't know when not to shoot. 40.5% just isn't that great.

I still like the trade because Ike still hasn't proven to be an NBA player, Jax
just put in an awesome half of a season, Murph is one of the last guys I'd want on the squad (a low percentage outside shooting PF :roll: ) but I'd have to say Indiana probably are happier about the trade than us at this point. Dunny's looking like the real thing at this point.

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:44 pm
cladden wrote:Not to hate on Mully or anything but at this point in those four guys' careers. The clear front-runner for best player is actually Dunnyboy.

If you compare stats he's far and away the leader. Would he ever amount to anything for us? Very likely not, he seems kinda weak mentally.

Is Troy Murphy worth anything at all? No, but Al doesn't look <i>that</i> much better at this point. Better, yes, but not great.

I love Jax and his clutchness but the man doesn't know when not to shoot. 40.5% just isn't that great.

just put in an awesome half of a season, Murph is one of the last guys I'd want on the squad (a low percentage outside shooting PF :roll: ) but I'd have to say Indiana probably are happier about the trade than us at this point. Dunny's looking like the real thing at this point.

I find it funny that people are bashing Jack so badly when midway through the season he was considered one of the people "left off" the All Star roster. If he's so awful why was it widely acknowledged he deserved to play in the All Star game?

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:54 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
cladden wrote:Not to hate on Mully or anything but at this point in those four guys' careers. The clear front-runner for best player is actually Dunnyboy.

I find it funny that people are bashing Jack so badly when midway through the season he was considered one of the people "left off" the All Star roster. If he's so awful why was it widely acknowledged he deserved to play in the All Star game?

Never said he was awful. Also never said he deserved an All-Star appearance. What I do say is that Dunny is closer to deserving a berth than Jack after last season. He's one of many players that have done better after leaving us. I still love Jack but he's forcing up atleast 3 shots a game that just shouldn't have been taken. I kinda blame Nellie for that but it shows in the percentages.

Franchise Player
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:10 pm
i think the trade benefieted both teams real well.. we needed more vetren leasdership and Jax provided that. And Indiana basically look like they have a poor mans version of Larry Bird in Mike Dunleavy. It's jus a shame Mike had to switch his career around in a different uniform.

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 pm
Jax was not deserving of an all star appearance at all however he is clearly the best of the four players. Dunleavy is a terrible defender where Jax is a good one, they both chuck but Jax is still the better player. Dunleavy is like a bigger jamal crawford they both chuck and play absolutely no defense.

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:23 pm
dupe

All Star
» Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:29 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Jax was not deserving of an all star appearance at all however he is clearly the best of the four players. Dunleavy is a terrible defender where Jax is a good one, they both chuck but Jax is still the better player. Dunleavy is like a bigger jamal crawford they both chuck and play absolutely no defense.

How does Dung chuck? He's very circumspect in his shooting IMO. With the Warriors actually too much so. You're not chucking at 48%. Those shots are good shots that you want him to take.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:50 am
cladden wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Jax was not deserving of an all star appearance at all however he is clearly the best of the four players. Dunleavy is a terrible defender where Jax is a good one, they both chuck but Jax is still the better player. Dunleavy is like a bigger jamal crawford they both chuck and play absolutely no defense.

How does Dung chuck? He's very circumspect in his shooting IMO. With the Warriors actually too much so. You're not chucking at 48%. Those shots are good shots that you want him to take.

Whatever. Dunleavy wasn't a good fit here and Jax has been much better for us. If he's doing well in Indy, great, but the trade was exactly what we needed. That much is clear.

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:53 am
Sorry but what a silly thread................that trade changed our franchise COMPLETELY! Dunsh*tleavy is onny getting the numbers he is because he is in a slow assed offense, where he is pretty much the 1st/2nd guy to go to.

The contracts are better from an individual player worth, and length of deal too.

Al is a better player than Murph..............S-Jax is a better player than Dun.................simple as that.

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:31 am
clearly an example of an opinion based solely on a box score. Box scores can be one of the most misleading pieces of information to evaluate a player.

Dunleavy did NOTHING to make his team better and plays no defense whatsoever. If you watch his games, he scores his points EARLY in games, and when they were behind BIG. In close games and in the 4th quarter, the guys's shooting % goes down and his turnovers go up.

Dunleavy's number are COMPLETELY hollow.

All Star
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:21 pm
we win...

All Star
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:41 pm
bada wrote:clearly an example of an opinion based solely on a box score. Box scores can be one of the most misleading pieces of information to evaluate a player.

Dunleavy did NOTHING to make his team better and plays no defense whatsoever. If you watch his games, he scores his points EARLY in games, and when they were behind BIG. In close games and in the 4th quarter, the guys's shooting % goes down and his turnovers go up.

Dunleavy's number are COMPLETELY hollow.

I haven't seen many games. I'll admit that but in the couple or so I saw he played well and got to the line well. I can not remember him disappearing and scoring early is as important as scoring late. When you're down big, sure that's hollow points. He also did reasonably okay against us. Nothing spectacular but steady play. How many Pacers games did you see? That verdict seems like it warrants a rather large amount of games seen. I am not saying it's not the case but in the games I saw he seemed to be the first option throughout and Indy stayed reasonably competitive. His D is kinda crap ofcourse. Don't tell me Jack would have worked wonder with that squad either though. It's a crap roster with very few legitimate NBA players.

Dun leads his team in clutch points (according to 82games) and has the best +/- rating on the team. Incidentally also better than everyone on the Warriors.

All Star
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:43 pm
bigstrads wrote:Sorry but what a silly thread................that trade changed our franchise COMPLETELY! Dunsh*tleavy is onny getting the numbers he is because he is in a slow assed offense, where he is pretty much the 1st/2nd guy to go to.

The contracts are better from an individual player worth, and length of deal too.

Al is a better player than Murph..............S-Jax is a better player than Dun.................simple as that.

I didn't say I regretted the trade and sure, he fits better there but you can't say that it's any easier to get good numbers in a slow-paced offense. That just makes no sense. It's sort of the other way around. High scores can inflate box-scores and lead to lots of high percentage opportunities. In a half court set you'll be defended.

Franchise Player
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 pm
Dunleavy last year.... 47% FG shooter.... 37% shooting in clutch time

he plays with no heart and if you get aggresive with him, he just wilts. He plays half speed as well. He is the type of players I dislike the most. The day we drafted him was the 2nd worst day I have ever had as a warrior fan (Webber opting out of his contract after his rookie year being #1).

The next business day after drafting Dunleavy I called my ticket rep and cancelled my season tickets.

Starting Lineup
» Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 pm
uhhhhhh....last time i checked there are two sides of the ball in basketball....offense and defense....and we all know dungboy still gets bitched around on D like no other 6 ft 9 player ever has in the NBA....and not to mention Sjax has better leadership qualities. I dont really care what the exact point for point stats are Sjax is a much better player than dunny bunny