Newcomer's playing time?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

What newcomer will get the most playing time this year?

33%
Marcus Williams
46%
Ronnie Turiaf
17%
Anthony Randolph
4%
Richard Hendrix

Total votes: 24

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 pm
I am not going to include Corey Maggette because, obviously, he will get the most. I am talking about the other guys coming in.

I think Williams will. We really dont have a true point guard, so Williams will get that role by default.

All Star
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:16 pm
Turiaf, we need more help up front.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:34 am
Toss up between Turiaf, Williams, and Randolph.

Franchise Player
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:59 am
I hope its Randolph..............but it probably wont be.

Williams, even though he is the only real PG on the team, Im not sure how many minutes he can squeeze out of Monta directly at the PG spot, then out of Mags and S-Jax if Monta is on the floor aswell............would make sense for him to get the most minutes.

But I think it will be Turiaf, by a very small fraction over Williams...........simply because we need that banging, rugged, defensive guy so badly, and Im sure Nellie will give Monta and S-Jax the primary ball handling duties, so would rather have Turiaf patrolling the inside more often than Williams running point.

Something like =

Turiaf = 20.2 minutes.
Williams = 18.7 minutes.
Randolph = 16.4 minutes.
Last edited by bigstrads on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 am
Turiaf will get the most as not only will he play backup center, he will get a lot of minutes at power forward, especially if Al is not playing well.

Rookie
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:41 am
Turiaf will get the most because he is the most proven player. He has no question mark behind his talent and effort, unlike the others.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:51 am
MC99 wrote:Turiaf will get the most because he is the most proven player. He has no question mark behind his talent and effort, unlike the others.

reffering to your signiture, its Randolph, Andris, Kelenna not randolf, andries, keleena. just thought you might like to know.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:39 pm
I'd like to say Turiaf because he deserves it but I'm guessing nellie caps him off at 15 minutes for being over 6'8.

It'll be Marcus Williams, logging 25 minutes a game with 15 of those playing PF.

Franchise Player
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 pm
My hope is that Marcus Williams thrives in Nellie's system and can be the starting PG which would allow Monta to play his natural SG position.

I would like to see Jax be our 6th man and come in and sub at either 2 (for Monta) or 3 (for Maggette) depending on the matchups and flow of the game.

Rookie
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:25 pm
turiaf better step up at defense in the post.

Rookie
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 pm
I don't expect too much playing time for Randolph but I think he should get some PT along with the other young guys. We dont want another POB.

I agree though that Turiaf will get the most minutes among the others in the poll.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Williams ends up being the pg. Ellis is better at 2.

Just hope Nelson uses everyone so they can run all year.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:44 pm
I dont know if Williams has played enough to take over the starting spot at point guard, this move might also insult Jackson but if he is playing well enough, which he hopefully does, than I hope Nelson moves him to the starting spot. Not sure its gonna happen tho.

All Star
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:59 pm
bada wrote:My hope is that Marcus Williams thrives in Nellie's system and can be the starting PG which would allow Monta to play his natural SG position.

I would like to see Jax be our 6th man and come in and sub at either 2 (for Monta) or 3 (for Maggette) depending on the matchups and flow of the game.

ditto :D

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm
If Turiaf stays healthy, I can see Nelson playing him over 25mins a game. He is probably the strongest guy on the team and also probably close to the best defender, especially inside. He is deserving of the minutes as he tries real hard.

Found some footage on Anthony Randolph and the guy looks real, real nice, to say the least. Very fluid moving on the court and so tall for a player with those skills. Really would be a dream for him and BWright to be significant players for the team in two years, staying and forming one of the most athletic and skilled SF/PF duos in the nba. They both need to weigh at least 230 pounds though so it will take at least one or two years of good work for those two to get there. Not much court time for either this season likely