Monta On KNBR Tuesday w/ Ralph and Tom

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 191
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:58 pm
Sounds really good and excited about the new deal. Still sounds very humble and actually more conident than any other interview I've heard him in.

Key point I took from this was that he is not planning on extending his game to the 3 point line. He is going to keep doing what he does attacking the rim.

I'll post the link when its up on KNBR or whoever gets to it first can.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:04 pm
man-
i just missed it.Monta was telling Ralph to say hello to Ralph's son as the take was ending....damn :banghead:

Rookie
Posts: 38
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:54 pm
tvaldivi wrote:Sounds really good and excited about the new deal. Still sounds very humble and actually more conident than any other interview I've heard him in.

Key point I took from this was that he is not planning on extending his game to the 3 point line. He is going to keep doing what he does attacking the rim.

I'll post the link when its up on KNBR or whoever gets to it first can.


That sounds very stupid if you ask me. I mean with Baron gone he's gonna have a larger role and even if he doesn't shot 3pt's all the time it is still useful to get better at that aspect of his game especially if the teams are playing Zone D.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 pm
ElmerM wrote:
tvaldivi wrote:Sounds really good and excited about the new deal. Still sounds very humble and actually more conident than any other interview I've heard him in.

Key point I took from this was that he is not planning on extending his game to the 3 point line. He is going to keep doing what he does attacking the rim.

I'll post the link when its up on KNBR or whoever gets to it first can.


That sounds very stupid if you ask me. I mean with Baron gone he's gonna have a larger role and even if he doesn't shot 3pt's all the time it is still useful to get better at that aspect of his game especially if the teams are playing Zone D.


if theyre playing zone and monta is still slashing thru there zone, then he's gonna break it and you dont need a 3 pt shot. besides, we still have jax, maggs, buike, ad until further notice harrington to knock down the 3. if monta slashes thru the zone and the D collapses, then he kicks it out to any of those guys behind the arc and they knock it down. problem solved.

monta doesnt NEED a 3pt shot. tj ford, rajon rondo, devin harris, tony parker, and dwyane wade all do fine without it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:24 pm
It could definitely be something that he can focus on in the future. His game would improve dramatically.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm
BD took ten times more three point shots per game than Ellis. Amare Stoudemire took almost as many treis per game as Monta. And since I love throwing it in J-Rich shot 40% from the trei ... for another stint in a row Nellie makes the wrong move, could of, should of made the playoffs last year. J-Rich shot the same percentage from the three point line that Captain Jack shot on the floor period. And for the NBA purist, Corey scored a better field goal percentage, twice as many times to the line, and higher trei percentage than good old Clipper BD. Is anyone going to miss the three point shot ... bricks if Ellis shoots 50% plus, Mags goes to the line 9.7 times plus and Biedrins shoots 60% plus. The Suns have demonstrated that the team that lives at the three point line can generate a big lead, but that lead is easily erased. A team that can drive to the basket and get fouls can break open a game (top opposing bigs in foul trouble) and keep going to the line to maintain the lead and set up the half court defense. Monta really needs to develop a three point game, especially for those games we score 70 in a half and still lose ... woops that was because of BD, Als and Captain Jack's three point love fest.

Rookie
Posts: 14
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:30 am
look at his arm, more ink.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:12 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:It could definitely be something that he can focus on in the future. His game would improve dramatically.


Or he could focus on playing point...that would help his game even more :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:33 am
Image

To get these topics back to the top for people to read..........instead of buried half way down page 2. :roll:

I know I could wait for them to be deleted but Ive say here all day with my 1st page filled with Oaklands crap.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 pm
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:59 pm
E-Man wrote:
ElmerM wrote:
tvaldivi wrote:Sounds really good and excited about the new deal. Still sounds very humble and actually more conident than any other interview I've heard him in.

Key point I took from this was that he is not planning on extending his game to the 3 point line. He is going to keep doing what he does attacking the rim.

I'll post the link when its up on KNBR or whoever gets to it first can.


That sounds very stupid if you ask me. I mean with Baron gone he's gonna have a larger role and even if he doesn't shot 3pt's all the time it is still useful to get better at that aspect of his game especially if the teams are playing Zone D.


if theyre playing zone and monta is still slashing thru there zone, then he's gonna break it and you dont need a 3 pt shot. besides, we still have jax, maggs, buike, ad until further notice harrington to knock down the 3. if monta slashes thru the zone and the D collapses, then he kicks it out to any of those guys behind the arc and they knock it down. problem solved.

monta doesnt NEED a 3pt shot. tj ford, rajon rondo, devin harris, tony parker, and dwyane wade all do fine without it.


don't forget to add a couple others... Jason Kidd, Steve Nash (although he's gotten much better in the last couple of years). those PGs are pretty good I think. and Marcus Williams is a good three point shooter, Azu, Morrow, Biedrins, wait no Biedrins isn't a 3pt shooter, but none the less - we have a lot of three point shooters on our team. I'd like a point guard to be concerned with getting the ball to the hot shooter, not taking it himself.

and like I've said, he's got such a pretty mid range jumper, who's to say he wont be able to push it back to downtown in years to come? I really respect the fact that a young kid like him doesn't just huck up three's because the rest of the team is doing it. that takes great will power, particularly when everyone in the bay area is saying your the schit and you ARE living up to the hype.

Rookie
Posts: 139
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:42 pm
I think what he meant by not trying to develop his range, was that he was going to focus on other things. I.E, On-ball D, passing, Assist/TO ratio. His three will come, but like what everyone said, it is not a priority. Also, i think it will just come naturally as he develops more strength over the years. Plus, his 3's aren't that bad. He could still hit at least 50% of the time if he's open.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 pm
MC99 wrote:I think what he meant by not trying to develop his range, was that he was going to focus on other things. I.E, On-ball D, passing, Assist/TO ratio. His three will come, but like what everyone said, it is not a priority. Also, i think it will just come naturally as he develops more strength over the years. Plus, his 3's aren't that bad. He could still hit at least 50% of the time if he's open.


from the corner maybe

All Star
Posts: 2880
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:53 pm
sleandres wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:It could definitely be something that he can focus on in the future. His game would improve dramatically.


Or he could focus on playing point...that would help his game even more :wink:


If Monta is the starting point guard, does Jackson move to shooting guard? If so, the backcourt become much longer and taller. Plus, Jackson plays defense on his worst day better than Monta could last season on his best day. Davis defends the point better than Monta; however, Monta is quicker.

If Jackson is the starting shooting guard, then I would assume that Magette is the starting small forward.

Does Al start at power forward or does Brandon Wright?

It will be interesting to see how Nelson develops his rotation.

While I am also a big baseball and football fan, I can hardly wait for the NBA season to begin. Go Warrios!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests