Get Rid of Mullin

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 pm
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:Who are the Charlotte Hornets? Are they like a duplicate of the New Orleans Hornets?

Showing your age there Saint. :wink: (unless your being sarcastic, if thats the case...........forget this post. :mrgreen:)

lol I was being sarcastic.... guess that didn't work. fail :(

haha that was a good one... you caught it, i didn't

Now for this thread... I would give the trades Mully did for BD and the ones to get rid of dungboy and murphy both A+. No one even saw those trades coming, yet alone to get a superstar who was constantly hurt at the time but for chicken scratch, look how that turned out.

And then to get rid of the two scapegoats at the time who we so badly wanted off the team, miraculously disappears the next day, and we wake up with jackson and harrington instead. I remember the morning I saw the trade on ESPN, i couldn't stop calling every single on of my friends and relatives and letting them know. Those two trades alone brought pride back into the warriors.

How many of you were there during the first game that AL and Jax played for the warriors, I remember when i was there it gave me chills... I remember looking up and seeing the upper bowl completely filled, and just the energy and life that was brought to oracle was born again.

Seriously, compare the warriors four years ago to how they are now.... they are no longer a "loser" team. We have more recognition now as a team for the first time in years...

The warriors brand itself is marketable for the first time since Run TMC.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 pm
bada<<<< got my beer and chips and my feet up waiting for when 32 logs in and replies to this thread. that will be FUN! :)

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:21 pm
meh....i think i'll wait to let 32 deal with you...IF he feels the need to use any time in this thread that is.

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 pm
Why speculate over something one has absolutely no knowledge or control over. It's pointless. Let the man do his job, history will tell the tale. I think he's doing just fine, especially in this offseason. He's repaired the mess he inherited and has restored respect to the organization.

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:46 pm
Give me a break, a GM is suppose to think long term. Thanks to Cohan, we are the Warriors and no legit coach is coming to Oakland, a losing franchise with "one of lowest regarded owners in the NBA". Besides, being a West coast team, we, as fans, are not looking for a grind it out (snooze, snooze Van Gundy type of team), it is all about sizzle and porous defense, like the Suns before Kerr came and made it pedestrian. As a fan, I could care less about Nellie winning 48 meaningless games for a bigger contract at the cost of development of younger players. Likewise, Musselman made zillionaires out of Dampier, Arenas and BC (yep Memphis is so glad about that contract) but ask Cow Town, no one really likes the guy. As for BD, ask every Western Conference coach, and this no so bad coach Byron Scott what they think of BD ... and it won't be the flattering comments you see on this fansite, actually sometimes it seems to be the official BD/Hollywood fansite. We got a young exciting team, no more Murphy and Dunleavy as our matador (waving the red cape) forwards, and no more 58% brick show from BD. If you miss the bricks, just watch Clipper ball.. geeze between BD and Kaman... Sr will go totally bald. On a total unrelated sidenote, part of a good GM is the key relationships in the league (ala the Gasol donation from Memphis to the Fakers). Having a successful Higgins, in Charlotte and Donnie in New York, will allow Mullie to make favorable trades when the time comes ... it worked for Ainge and give it time to work for Mullie.

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:40 pm
You don't get rid of a guy unless you can replace him with someone better.

If Cohan would have made a move for a Donnie Walsh, then yeah, I would be all for canning our dim-witted and slow-footed front office man.

If Cohan had another candidate for the job, like a Donnie Nelson, then yeah, I would be all for giving Mullin his gold watch and his walking orders.

However, Cohan has not demonstrated an ability to upgrade the front office.

Mullin's tenure, while at times somewhat exciting (the playoff run), has largely been 'more-of-the-same.' The Warriors are the best of the lower-tier lottery teams.

The big question that nobody in the Warrior fan base seems to not want to ask is "how much more time does Mullin need to continue on with his follies?"

The only thing that we should judge Mullin on is the team's record, both in the regular season as well as in the playoffs. Unfortunately, this Warrior team under the Mullin regime has made the playoffs only once in four years (25%). The Mullin apologists use the argument that the Western Conference is a tough conference...duh...that is the reality of the competiton in the West and why the Warriors need a top notch executive in order to compete.

Mullin will probably be with this Warrior team for as long as he wants mostly because the Warrior ownership, fans and local media is complacent with a mediocre product just as long as this mediocre product is fun to watch. In a city like a Boston, Los Angeles, Philadelphia Mullin would have been canned by his third season.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 pm
Oh dear Lord...

Not you uptempo. You're posts I don't agree with at times, but there still well thought out. The creator of the thread.... yikes.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 pm
I don't understand why people are calling for Mullin's head. Over the past four years our team has been winning more and more games every season. We have made the playoffs only 1 of the four years, yes. But we haven't made it in F*CKING 13 years prior. I would have to say that that was an accomplishment no matter what.

How many more good things does he have to do to offset all the bad? How can this guy ever succeed if everyone holds him up to impossible standards even for a great GM.

To plainly put it, when BD opted out and left for the Clips. I was shocked and scared of what is going to happen to our team in the coming seasons. I was almost ready to go back to the old saying "The same old Warriors." But after watching this offseason very carefully I'd have to say that Mullin has put my fears to rest.

At the begining of the offseason we were left without our star and nothing in return. What we got from BD was cap room and with that Mullin was able to tie up the Wizards and the Clips from aquiring other major players for awhile. While at the same time he bolstered our roster with young, passionate talent. He has brought hope back from something that was devestating. Mulllin gets my congratulations and I am glad that he brought a personality back to the warriors.

First we were the Little Run and Gunners. Now we're the Young Run n' Gunners. We have an identity and Mullin has secured our players so that we will be able to fill out these shoes in the years to come.

I expect great things for our Warriors.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:59 pm
wow... i am speechless.

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:23 pm
get rid of mullin = F+

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:40 pm
wow gsw United, could you make your photo of final fantasy signature any bigger? I can't really make out the characters. big warriors Sigs are OK, but that FF picture belongs in a different forum.

Anywho, yeah mullin did a great job this summer... and I don't know what gets an A in your book. maybe getting Kobe to come to Oakland for an old lawn chair? A minus. Dwight Howard signed to GSW for $12 bucks and a dirty napkin - B plus. I think your out of touch with what GMs have to do to get a winning team.

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 pm
I also blame Mullin for global warming, the foreclosure crisis, bad comedy and that parking ticket I got last week...all his fault!

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 pm
there was an earthquake in LA yesterday... that was mullin's fault

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:04 am
I farted and a little poop came out............DAMN YOU MULLY!!!

All Star
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:27 am
Yes, it is uncomfortable to honestly critique a Bay Area icon like Chris Mullin; hence, the sophomoric jokes.

It is difficult to use brutal honesty and detachment when judging a former NBA All Star who is learning-while-on-the-job with his former team; yet, Mullin should be treated no differently than any other executive. He should be judged on his merits.

Mullin's record speaks for itself: one playoff appearance in four seasons.