Get Rid of Mullin

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:58 am
Since joining the Warriors as an excecutive, he has made much more bad decisions than he has made good ones. This team needs to find a full time general manager to help with putting this team together, but Mullin has such a big ego, that he won't let anyone else make the moves so it maybe time to get rid of Mullin altogether. Up North, the Blazers can't go wrong with what they are doing. After a playoff season in 2002-03 which was preceded by an impressive 21 year run of being a playoff team, the Blazers could be back in the hunt. This took them 5 years to build. The Warriors, in 15 years, have 1 playoff appearance. Lets look at Mullin's moves:

Coaches

Right off the bat, he came in and fired Eric Musselman then hired Mike Montgomery. Initially, I liked this move as I was a big fan of Monty but he only lasted 2 seasons and Mullin didn't give him anything to work with. Monty is an excellent, technical coach who is great with X's and O's. You don't take a team like Stanford, who is in a solid conference, and have them ranked as the top teams for a century while having hardly any NBA talent, without knowing something about the game. He hires Nellie knowing that he won't be around for more than 5 years. There has to be a long term solution to this position Grade: D

Draft picks

Mikael Pietrus (11) Andris Biedrins (11) Ike Diogu (9) Chris Taft (42) Monta Ellis (40) Patrick O'Bryant (9) Kosta Perovic (38) Brandan Wright (8) Marco Belinelli (18) Jarmario Davidson (36) Stephen Lasme (46)

I guess 2 out of 11 isn't bad. Draft Grade: F

Players Re-signed

Mike Dunleavy Jr, Troy Murphy, Adonal Foyle, Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins

The first three were horrific signings. Richardson was overpaid but was the franchise player. What would make the last 2 any different. Grade: D

Free Agents Signed

Derek Fisher, Calbert Cheaney, Louis Flores, Will Bynum, Dejuan Wagner, Kelenna Azuibuike, Matt Barnes, Austin Croshere, Troy Hudson, CJ Watson, Chris Webber, Corey Maggette, Ronnie Turiaf

Not one name is of the impact player variey and most never worked out. Grade: F

Trades:

Sends Erick Dampier, Evan Eschmeyer, Steve Logan and Dan Dickau to the Mavericks for Eduardo Najera, Christian Laettner, Luis Flores, Mladen Sekulrac and 2 second round picks. Grade D

Sends Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis to the Hornets for Baron Davis. Grade: A

Sends Luis Flores, Eduardo Najera and a 2007 first round pick to the Nuggets for Rodney White and Nikoloz Tskitishvilli. Grade: C

Sends Clifford Robinson to the Nets for 2 future second round picks. Grade: B

Sends 2 future second round picks to Phoenix for Zarko Cabarkapa. Grade: B

Sends Derek Fisher to the Jazz for Devin Brown, Keith McCleod and Andre Owens as a salary dump. Grade: C

Sends Keith McCleod, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu to the Pacers for Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Sarunas Jaskevicious and Josh Powell. Grade: B+

Send Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Hornets for Brandan Wright. Grade: F

Sends a protected first round pick to th Nets for Marcus Williams. Grade: B

OVERALL GRADE: D

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:00 am
Ohh god.............lets get rid of you instead. :roll:

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:02 am
this ought to be fun.... :happy1:

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:08 am
I have a headache.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:15 am
bigstrads wrote:Ohh god.............lets get rid of you instead. :roll:

Ill second that one

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:19 am
Sends Keith McCleod, Mike Dunleavy, Troy Murphy and Ike Diogu to the Pacers for Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington, Sarunas Jaskevicious and Josh Powell. Grade: B+

only a B+? I call that a A+ trade... not only did we dump all the bad contracts but we got a lot of good players in taht trade.

Send Jason Richardson to the Charlotte Hornets for Brandan Wright. Grade: F

Who are the Charlotte Hornets? Are they like a duplicate of the New Orleans Hornets?

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 am
This thread: F

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:25 am
someone is seriously lacking basketball knowledge, im guessing ur a b-diddy fan boy who is angry that his inconsistent idol wasn't resigned to a bad contract.

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:34 am
Yeah, what an idiot, Mully gets rid of his coach, who is in way over his head and overmatched in the NBA, for one that knows how to handle NBA personalities and helped guide us to the playoffs for the first time in forever. I HATE YOU MULLIN!

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:38 am
saintdee wrote:Who are the Charlotte Hornets? Are they like a duplicate of the New Orleans Hornets?

Showing your age there Saint. :wink: (unless your being sarcastic, if thats the case...........forget this post. :mrgreen:)
Last edited by bigstrads on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:38 am
Hey this guy put in a lot of research to come up with this stuff. Give him credit for that. I don't agree with most of his grades, but I admire the research. I also like the mention of Montgomery not having much to work with. Give Coach Nelson Coach Montgomery's Warriors and the record would have been no different.

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 am
The Coooach wrote:Hey this guy put in a lot of research to come up with this stuff. Give him credit for that. I don't agree with most of his grades, but I admire the research. I also like the mention of Montgomery not having much to work with. Give Coach Nelson Coach Montgomery's Warriors and the record would have been no different.

While I really like Montgomery as a college coach, you have to give Nelson a little credit for coming in, taking the same team Montgomery had the year before, converting Baron Davis, and helping to orchestrate the trade of Montgomery's useless players. I don't think for one second that Mullin went from a stupid GM who overpays everyone to an incredibly smart and $$$ savvy GM overnight...Nelly had a whole lot to do with it, even if at the very least he demanded action from Mullin, which is something Montgomery never did.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:43 am
The Coooach wrote:Hey this guy put in a lot of research to come up with this stuff. Give him credit for that. I don't agree with most of his grades, but I admire the research. I also like the mention of Montgomery not having much to work with. Give Coach Nelson Coach Montgomery's Warriors and the record would have been no different.

Thats true, atleast he isnt a one word negative, moaning, worthless poster.............he is an essay writing negative, moaning, worthless poster. :roll:

Rookie
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am
In four years, Mullin has pulled us out of the gutter. So what if he screwed up in the begining. He was a totally new GM.

Mullin started with a team that had some hidden potential. Sadly, Musselman wasn't able to bring that out. He made some trades that ended up not being so good. Can't blame him, he's new to the game. At least he didn't totally screw our system by introducing an over the hill, too slow to do anything productive center, into a free flowing, run n' gun team. *couKERRgh*

So now he gets a new coach with pretty bad players. Good coach, wrong team. Drafts some players that are good, some that are bad. But it's okay because 2 of those 11 players are now our franchise players at ages 22 with so much more potential to grow. At least he didn't draft Kwame Brown at #1. *couJORDANgh*

Before i get ahead of myself and write a whole list and paragraphs upon paragraphs of biased information, here's some basic facts.

4 years, a little less than .500, 1 playoff berth, upset #1 seed, team wins have grown every year, has a talented squad that is VERY young and is locked in for another 5 - 6 years, has brought back pride to the Bay Area and our Warriors. We are not a foot hold for all the other teams in the west anymore. We are a force to be reckoned with.

Also, you mention the Blazers and that it took them 5 years to rebuild. They are still in rebuilding mode, and we are still better than them.

And for that 21 year playoff run by the Blazers, Mullin didn't have that momentum pushing him forward. He started near the bottom and has brought us back up into contention, or at least respect.

He did the best thing that a VP can do, he brought back respect.[/b]

All Star
» Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:Who are the Charlotte Hornets? Are they like a duplicate of the New Orleans Hornets?

Showing your age there Saint. :wink: (unless your being sarcastic, if thats the case...........forget this post. :mrgreen:)

lol I was being sarcastic.... guess that didn't work. fail :(