AR or BW

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:48 am
who are you guys more excited about?

im a two-way tie right now, with BW being able to do more big guy stuff and AR more little guy stuff

still cant believe AR fell to us at 14...missing the playoffs last year was a blessing in disguise

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 am
BW, AR wont get hardly any playing time and I don't know enough about his college career to speculate. BWright will have a significant impact on our team this year - based on what he did in limited PT last season.

I'm more excited to see how our team plays as a whole with the major roster changes/adjustments, and whether Monta can handle the point. AR will be a non factor throughout this entire season baring injuries or some sudden-fluke weight gain.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:06 am
i actually believe AR will get alot more playing time compared to BW last year, reason being he's nelson's ideal version of a point forward

i wouldnt be surprised if he ended up playing SG/PG for spurts of games

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:49 am
this year Wright, all up Randolph

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:51 am
TruE SExy wrote:i actually believe AR will get alot more playing time compared to BW last year, reason being he's nelson's ideal version of a point forward

sg/pg at 6'10"!?! nah, he'll see more time at center then sg/pg, that's just crazy talk.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:03 am
I have much higher hopes and expectations for Randolph than I do Brandan...........simply from a what we expect/need from each them standpoint.

Brandan - We expect/need him to be an inside force, a big rebounding, shotblocking inside guy, who needs to fill the gaps we have in terms of getting handled on the boards and inside generally.

Will he be able to bulk up significantly enough to achieve this? Im not sure. Does he have the mental toughness and mentality to get this job done? Im not sure.

Randolph - We expect him to be a floor running, penetrating, long, weakside shot blocking, general havoc reeker.........a Prince/Pippen type.

Does he have the speed and handles to be that "everywhere" guy? Ohh yes. Does he have an outside game? He does, and its coming along nicely. Does he have the confidence and mentality of that kind of swooping wing player? Damn sure looks that way.

For those reasons, I take Randolph over Brandan right now..............Ive always said that I thought Brandan will be a better offensive version of Beans, ie: not the big man that we need.............whereas Randolph is a totally different player, and as such we expect and need different things from him, and in my mind he is able to achieve those easier than what Brandan needs to achieve.

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:13 am
bigstrads wrote:I have much higher hopes and expectations for Randolph than I do Brandan...........simply from a what we expect/need from each them standpoint.

Brandan - We expect/need him to be an inside force, a big rebounding, shotblocking inside guy, who needs to fill the gaps we have in terms of getting handled on the boards and inside generally.

Will he be able to bulk up significantly enough to achieve this? Im not sure. Does he have the mental toughness and mentality to get this job done? Im not sure.

Randolph - We expect him to be a floor running, penetrating, long, weakside shot blocking, general havoc reeker.........a Prince/Pippen type.

Does he have the speed and handles to be that "everywhere" guy? Ohh yes. Does he have an outside game? He does, and its coming along nicely. Does he have the confidence and mentality of that kind of swooping wing player? Damn sure looks that way.

For those reasons, I take Randolph over Brandan right now..............Ive always said that I thought Brandan will be a better offensive version of Beans, ie: not the big man that we need.............whereas Randolph is a totally different player, and as such we expect and need different things from him, and in my mind he is able to achieve those easier than what Brandan needs to achieve.
I'll take your word in regards to Randolph, as far as this season, I'm more excite about (or at least expect more from) Wright given the experience and what I've seen from him thus far.

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 am
I don't see the need to compare Branden Wright and Anthony Randolph. Last I checked they were on the same team. they will each be responsible for doing different things. They each will be asked to play a significant role. Wright' job may not be as glamourous as Randolphs. the Warriors want him to do more grunt work. Randolph is projected be a the stylish glitter that is currently the domain of Monta Ellis. Make no doubt about it, the Warriors want Monta and Randolph to be the stars and everyone else is upporting cast. So just because Wright stats may not look as glamourous as Randolphs, his contibution may be just as valuable.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 am
Foyle4Life AKA JREED23 wrote:
TruE SExy wrote:i actually believe AR will get alot more playing time compared to BW last year, reason being he's nelson's ideal version of a point forward

sg/pg at 6'10"!?! nah, he'll see more time at center then sg/pg, that's just crazy talk.

Clearly you didn't watch summer league

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:38 am
Randolph is the superior player at the moment. Better rebounder, shooter, better of the dribble, and has way more interior moves. He will also be the first small forward off the bench cuz we only have two. Turiaf will take up most of the backup big man minutes. At the moment I have lower hopes for Wright, idk if he will ever rebound enough for a power forward or if he will bulk up enough to bang down low. Randolph can get away with being skinny because he can take people off the dribble and is much quicker and versatile in the post.

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:48 am
bigstrads wrote:I have much higher hopes and expectations for Randolph than I do Brandan...........simply from a what we expect/need from each them standpoint.

hmmm, didn't you hate the pick james?

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 am
jimbob631 wrote:Randolph is the superior player at the moment. Better rebounder, shooter, better of the dribble, and has way more interior moves. He will also be the first small forward off the bench cuz we only have two. Turiaf will take up most of the backup big man minutes. At the moment I have lower hopes for Wright, idk if he will ever rebound enough for a power forward or if he will bulk up enough to bang down low. Randolph can get away with being skinny because he can take people off the dribble and is much quicker and versatile in the post.

Yeah, he showed those Summer League scrubs what's up! As I recall, so did Marco, three times. Summer League means nothing. I didnt like Randolph and I still dont. You are kidding yourself if you expect Randolph to play. Wright will be a force if he can get some PT. It seems he has become more agressive this year, which is what we needed. He looks to be making improvements.

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Randolph is the superior player at the moment. Better rebounder, shooter, better of the dribble, and has way more interior moves. He will also be the first small forward off the bench cuz we only have two. Turiaf will take up most of the backup big man minutes. At the moment I have lower hopes for Wright, idk if he will ever rebound enough for a power forward or if he will bulk up enough to bang down low. Randolph can get away with being skinny because he can take people off the dribble and is much quicker and versatile in the post.

Yeah, he showed those Summer League scrubs what's up! As I recall, so did Marco, three times. Summer League means nothing. I didnt like Randolph and I still dont. You are kidding yourself if you expect Randolph to play. Wright will be a force if he can get some PT. It seems he has become more agressive this year, which is what we needed. He looks to be making improvements.

Wasn't taking any of what I said from summer league, most of this is from his college career. Wright will not be a force yet, he still hasn't learned how to rebound, I have a problem with power forwards who could only grab 6 rebounds in college.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:39 am
Summer league is catered to jump shooters and ball hogs. There is no defense, so as long as you knock your shot, you have a good chance of looking impressive. Everyone from Chris Bosch and company that is an actual legit NBA big, bombs in summer league because like in college, the guard play (from a team concept) is lousy ... the bigs just don't get the ball in the right spot, because everyone is trying to fill a stat sheet. If you want someone who can take a player off the dribble similar to Lamar Odom ... then Randolph is your guy. Wright has less spectacular but more consistent number 12/8 type of guy. You can't win without the Biedrins and/or Wright guy that will give you 55%-60% FG, a key rebound and maybe a nice block or two. Two very different positions (a low post or elbow players vs a perimeter player) so individually Randolph is the more gifted player, Wright if he ever develops is the critical position which will determine if we become the next Seattle Supersonics (one year wonders with Forston, Allen and Lewis) or a consistent playoff team like Suns, Mavs, Spurs and company.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 am
RobDIKUM wrote:

hmmm, didn't you hate the pick james?

That was when I hadnt seen him play and thought he was another Brandan. :wink: