AR or BW

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:09 pm
Randolph has to cut down on his turnovers, my biggest worry for him. I think Wright will play more this season, but AR will be the more special player for the future.

All Star
» Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 am
32 wrote:Randolph is more exciting and I love what I've seen so far... but, that being said, summer league ain't sh*t. Marco Belinelli dominated it last year. Brandan Wright has proven that he can play the 4 spot very well in actual NBA minutes. That's something AR has yet to do. Who knows... maybe he'll keep being mini Lamar and tearing it up... but he IS 195 pounds (aka, 15 less than Brandan, whose had a hard enough time getting thrown around as it is).

I'm more excited about Brandan because I think he'll do some real damage next year. While Randolph does have more fine skills than Wright, Brandan's position forgives that... and BWright is more athletic than Anthony (if you can believe that), so he naturally has a higher ceiling.

I've seen 220 some places. Is he really 195? That's kinda scary.

All Star
» Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:10 am
they're both listed at 205 on espn. but that's the same number they've had all summer. i think they should both get up to 225 each. I'd be satisfied with 210-215 by the start of the year.

All Star
» Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:42 pm
I doesn't make that much of a difference the only player I can think of right now that makes a difference at the PF positons that is 6'8 or 6'9 who is 225-228 lbs is David West...The W's had Joe Smith who was 6'9 and 225 lbs and he wasn't cut out to be the W's PF of the future. I'm putting Wright in the same caterogy he's a twinner who will be continually abused by the likes of Boozer, Millsap's...

Unless Wright gets more aggressive and attacks the rim more and gets his weight up to 240. Until then he will just be a very good role player not a superstar everyone is hoping for!!!

I remember a young Antonio McDyess he was a lean player who could sky and dunk...I don't see Wright being a McDyess player!!!

» Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:40 pm
Dennis Rodman?
Charles Barkley?
Terry Cummings?
Bo Outlaw?
Charles Oakley?

All under 6'10". Where the f*ck is this dumbass stereotype coming around that short power forwards can ONLY be Brandan Bass style bangers. That's complete bullsh*t. Cummings was quick and had good range for a big man. Rodman was physical, but by no means a banger; more of a hustle player with long limbs and speed (like BWright). Look on our own squad: Al Harrington is a 6'9" power forward. Barnes played the position well last year.

Strength and power are not the only physical attributes counted in the NBA frontcourt: hustle and toughness are also included.

All Star
» Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:26 pm
32 wrote: Cummings was quick and had good range for a big man. Rodman was physical, but by no means a banger; more of a hustle player with long limbs and speed (like BWright). .

hehe Vonteego Cummings!