Source for the rumored Josh Smith trade...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:01 pm
I'm about 95% certain I found the source of the rumor. Three days ago, over on RealGM.com, someone posted this:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 5&t=828184

All the guy wrote was "I think Brandan's about to get traded to the Hawks with Al for Josh Smith." The poster sited no further source and no mention of Minnesota. I also found that Detroit is being mentioned in discussions of a three way deal involving the Warriors and Hawks (with Billups name coming up repeatedly).

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 pm
Well, unfortunately for them, I'm not believing anything 'til I see a reliable source.

All Star
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:09 pm
not going to happen .....only trust nba.com or yahoo.... :mrgreen:

Role Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:10 pm
That looks like that was a rumor before Biedrins was signed. I have to think it would be much tougher now and I doubt that piece of **** Cohan would spend the money.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:20 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:That looks like that was a rumor before Biedrins was signed. I have to think it would be much tougher now and I doubt that piece of **** Cohan would spend the money.

Agreed. With Ellis, Biedrins and Maggette all at or near $10 million per year, Cohan almost certainly wants to shed Harrington's salary. If there was a team that could absorb his salary, Mullin would probably just trade Al for a trade exception. Then, we could get yanked around for another year with the promise of a key addition to the roster that would never actually come. Welcome to WarriorLand.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:27 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:That looks like that was a rumor before Biedrins was signed. I have to think it would be much tougher now and I doubt that piece of **** Cohan would spend the money.

Quick question, why is Cohan a piece of ****, when he spent all this money in the off season? Granted we know he doesn't want to pay the luxury tax, but until the Warriors prove they are a consistent playoff team, I wouldn't either.

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:05 am
fnf wrote:

Quick question, why is Cohan a piece of ****, when he spent all this money in the off season? Granted we know he doesn't want to pay the luxury tax, but until the Warriors prove they are a consistent playoff team, I wouldn't either.
I agree, as far as owners go (especially in the nba) cohan isn't all that bad.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 am
Foyle4Life AKA JREED23 wrote:
fnf wrote:

I kind of agree too.............I mean thinking about it, how many owners are willing to go over the luxury tax? if you look at the teams that are (with the exception of dumb ass New York) they are all/were right there contending for a championship.

I think if we can cement a place in the playoffs, and make some real noise over the next 2-3 years, then we can moan at Cohan for still not going into that luxury threshold.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:12 am
fnf wrote:

I dont want to be negative or anything, but Cohan has been owner of this team for, what, 13 years? And we have one playoff season to show for it? That is pretty unacceptable, as a sports fan.

This was written about him from the SF Chronicle:

"For anyone known to have an association with the current Warriors owner, Chris Cohan, it's a good day if he hasn't sued you. The man is disturbingly reclusive and he runs one of the most consistently awful franchises in NBA history."

I feel like he hasn't done a good enough job. Sure, he spends money, at times, but he doesnt win.

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:22 am
As long as cohan doesn't influence player decisions made by the other front office people, thats all i ask. He is a terrible owner still, but he is seemingly learning one thing over the 13 mainly bad seasons. Don't interfere with player/personel decisions unless it is to sign a paycheck.

with dre and ellis locked up, the dubs are good to go for this season i think.

Rookie
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:22 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
fnf wrote:

I dont want to be negative or anything, but Cohan has been owner of this team for, what, 13 years? And we have one playoff season to show for it? That is pretty unacceptable, as a sports fan.

This was written about him from the SF Chronicle:

"For anyone known to have an association with the current Warriors owner, Chris Cohan, it's a good day if he hasn't sued you. The man is disturbingly reclusive and he runs one of the most consistently awful franchises in NBA history."

I feel like he hasn't done a good enough job. Sure, he spends money, at times, but he doesnt win.

Cohan owns the team, but the GM gets the players, so I blame them. But Cohan picks the GM, so I guess I have to blame him for that. Well I wish Coahn had sold the team to Larry Ellison but thats another thread. :-o