Off Season 2008....kudos to Mully!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:36 pm
With the resigning of Biedrins, it's high time to give Chris Mullin his due. This team is poised to be competitive for years to come with a solid foundation of young players with great upsides and a salary cap structure well under control. Gone are the Dunleavy's and Murphy's and Foyle's (well, almost off the books), contracts that hamstrung the W's horribly. Yes, I am aware Mullin was behind those ludicrous contracts to begin with, but he has grown greatly in the job, recognized his mistakes and adjusted accordingly. This will be a fun, entertaining team to watch, and with further development of the youngsters, one that MIGHT compete for a title someday. Great job Mully!!

All Star
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:40 pm
where the mullin haters at!??!?!lol

but foreals... now that we have our roster pretty much set... can we PLEASE replace the banner???

All Star
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:48 pm
Mullin has done a fantastic job creating this team, I have full confidence in him, hopefully this means playoffs

Role Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:55 pm
I didn't like giving Maggette so much money and I was pretty pissed at the time but whatever. I like every other move Mullin made, especially Williams and matching the Clippers for Azu. We have a solid roster of youth and veterans. If somehow he gets Smith then I'll be worshiping at the altar that is Mullin.

I still hate our owner though.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:35 pm
Mullin really has done a great job this offseason. Sure Mag's payout got a few people pissed off and wondering what direction we were taking, but now that everything is said and done I think its safe to say that he's built this team with an eye to the future. We've got some great young talent on this team, now we just have to wait for it to develop for some real success past the first round of the playoffs.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 pm
Now it's just up to the players to come through. Mullin did his job. The players have to do their part and prove to us that they were worth it.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Spree for 3 wrote:
I still hate our owner though.

No argument here, that's why the job Mullin has done, given the "Cohan factor", is worthy of praise.

Role Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:53 am
im not a fan of the CW move, but given the circumstances, mullin did what he could...i'll take it

money aside, im glad CW can be both a proven scorer and veteran presence for when our young guys are prey to pressure...now we got CW and SJ to fill those roles

and the FTs he brings are gonna make the games boring, but hey i'd rather watch him shoot them than our old clanker combo of baron/pietrus, anyday

» Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 pm
Good thread.

Yeah, I noticed when Mullin signed Monta Ellis to an $11 million per year steal, the Mullin haters have been mysteriously MIA. :wink: Guys were complaining that we overpaid for Maggette, but, really, Maggette, Biedrins, Ellis, and Harrington are all making roughly the same amount of money right now and that's not a bad core of guys to build around. As with everyone else, I've been suspecting Mullin of shopping Harrington for about a year now. Everytime trade rumors are brought up, it seems like Al is the most expendable one (especially with Brandan waiting in the wings)... but, to his credit, Harrington is still here.

Despite Nelson's short leash, I think Nellie loves having Al around. A big guy that changes his game for the good of the team is a nice addition to the club. Harrington might be a midseason deal waiting to happen, but I can't imagine Nelson starting Brandan Wright for the first game of the year. If BWright takes off... so will Al.

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:55 pm
Total props to Mullin. He reacted to BD's 11th hour opt-out aggressively and decisively. Signing Monta, Biedrins, Maggette, Turiaf, Azu and Williams, while letting Pietrus, Barnes and POB go was proactive and improved the team. As well, they are well positioned to get a prime free agent in the next year or two, financially. One question: This trade is not on the table, but would you trade Harrington/Wright for Josh Smith? Again, this is not even a rumor, but a line-up of Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Smith and Biedrins would be sick...

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:00 pm
coltraning wrote:Total props to Mullin. He reacted to BD's 11th hour opt-out aggressively and decisively. Signing Monta, Biedrins, Maggette, Turiaf, Azu and Williams, while letting Pietrus, Barnes and POB go was proactive and improved the team. As well, they are well positioned to get a prime free agent in the next year or two, financially. One question: This trade is not on the table, but would you trade Harrington/Wright for Josh Smith? Again, this is not even a rumor, but a line-up of Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Smith and Biedrins would be sick...

Yeah, Mullin has done very well this off-season. Even I, the biggest Mullin-hater has to admit that he has done well. As for trading for Smith, I would. He is damn good and would fit this team well. He is also young, which would help us build for the future.

One funny thing, though. When I was first reading it, I thought I saw: "This trade is not on the table, but would you trade Harrington/Wright for JOE Smith." I was about to say.... :shock:

All Star
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:07 pm
yea that trade has been talked about in the trade forums and a version has been rumored in a three way with minnesota us and atlanta. I personally would trade Wright beli Al and a 1st rounder for Smith. I would give up Randolph instead of Wright if thats wat they wanted but I would be more reluctant to part with Randolph than with Wright.

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 pm
coltraning wrote:Total props to Mullin. He reacted to BD's 11th hour opt-out aggressively and decisively. Signing Monta, Biedrins, Maggette, Turiaf, Azu and Williams, while letting Pietrus, Barnes and POB go was proactive and improved the team. As well, they are well positioned to get a prime free agent in the next year or two, financially. One question: This trade is not on the table, but would you trade Harrington/Wright for Josh Smith? Again, this is not even a rumor, but a line-up of Ellis, Jackson, Maggette, Smith and Biedrins would be sick...

Dude, there IS a rumour circulating that we could be after Smith...........its nothing more than blog entries right now but weve been discussing Smith in the NBA Forum and Trades Section............check it out. :wink:

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:23 pm
bigstrads wrote:

Dude, there IS a rumour circulating that we could be after Smith...........its nothing more than blog entries right now but weve been discussing Smith in the NBA Forum and Trades Section............check it out. :wink:

Kind of how we are going to be trading the entirity of the Warriors team for everybody on the Pistons, as Mista suggested?

Franchise Player
» Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Kind of how we are going to be trading the entirity of the Warriors team for everybody on the Pistons, as Mista suggested?

Theres a HUGE difference between an external source/blog entry, talking about "hearing things from league sources".............and Mista just making stuff up over and over.

The Smith stuff thats being talked about is "Rumour"..............Mistas stuff is "Suggestion"