WE BELIEVE pt. 2

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Role Player
Posts: 246
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:10 pm
When we went on our historic playoff run against the Mavs, the team knew it wasn't supposed to win and really played with no pressure at all, being underdogs. Last year it seemed that they had expectations at the end of the season and that same 'magic' didn't seem to be there.

With its best player in Baron gone, this should give the Warriors a chance to get that 'underdog mentality' back to prove that they can win without their heralded captain for the past 3 years.

I mean, think about it, they replaced some of the guys we lost with other players that are great in the clubhouse in Turiaf and Maggette, and if the rumors are correct, another explosive young player in Lou Williams.

I think this could be a great start to the "WE BELIEVE" campaign part 2. What do you guys think?
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 359
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:12 pm
I dont think anyone believed at the beginning of 06-07, and im down for keeping up the trend :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:44 pm
ahhhh... there you go... finally some optimism....

always gotta have faith :wink:

All Star
Posts: 1096
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:16 pm
lets start the pessimism early this year.

prove me wrong underdogs prove me wrong.

Role Player
Posts: 246
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 pm
and oh yeah, i forgot something....

maybe with baron gone we can get all of those rich, bandwagon fans that bought tickets last year and weren't NEARLY as rowdy as the diehards out there...

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:45 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:and oh yeah, i forgot something....

maybe with baron gone we can get all of those rich, bandwagon fans that bought tickets last year and weren't NEARLY as rowdy as the diehards out there...


AMEN TO THAT!!!

put die-hards back in the lower bowl!

All Star
Posts: 1128
» Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:15 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:When we went on our historic playoff run against the Mavs, the team knew it wasn't supposed to win and really played with no pressure at all, being underdogs. Last year it seemed that they had expectations at the end of the season and that same 'magic' didn't seem to be there.

With its best player in Baron gone, this should give the Warriors a chance to get that 'underdog mentality' back to prove that they can win without their heralded captain for the past 3 years.

I mean, think about it, they replaced some of the guys we lost with other players that are great in the clubhouse in Turiaf and Maggette, and if the rumors are correct, another explosive young player in Lou Williams.

I think this could be a great start to the "WE BELIEVE" campaign part 2. What do you guys think?



I completely agree about a WE BELIEVE pt. 2. Let me tell you why. Don Nelson has been one of the most influencial coach's that the Warriors have ever had. He's also 2nd in NBA history in regular season wins. I'm not ready to doubt him now.


The team? Talented but young squad.

PG- The Warriors are going to need to find out whether Monta Ellis is ready to be a leader and guide this team and be it's heart and soul.

SG-Jackson is worriesome when it comes to his field goal % and erratic shooting, but his intagables, taking the clutch shots and playing strong denfense. slasher mentality/ft % more than makes up for inconsistent shooting.

SF-Signing Meggette softens the blow of losing Baron, especially if Monta really does start to come into his own and flourish as our new leader. Meggette provides us with a scoring, slashing mentality that will suit the Warriors well. He'll help the warriors control the momentum in games with
his ability to get to the free throw line. If any coach can get the max potential out of this guys anormous athleitc ability im going to bet its "The Don".

PF-Incomplete. If harrinton is still here when the season starts, he'll be that big guy tryin to draw the bigs out with a 3 pt attempt. He wants a larger role than that. Doubt he gets it.

C-Biedrins continues to improve, lets see if he has developed any new offensive moves.

The Bench-Incomplete. Turiaf, Wright, Belinelli, Randolph, Watson, all good energy and talent coming off the bench. We are going to have a lot of new faces, even still, to fill out the rest of our roster.

There is alot of talent on this team already, "The Don" at the helm, I'm not going to say they aren't contenders to be a playoff team!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:30 am
I'm in baby! We Believe

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:10 am
I'm sorry, but I'm not a pom-pon waver. I'm too old for that. What I am is a realist. I would love for the Warriors to win it all. I was a teenager win they did win it and most of you weren't even born win the Warriors won their las championship.

First, I have absolutely no fiath in Don Nelson. The guy mention Nelson is secon in the most wins. Regular season. Big deal! look at his playoff record. Never been to the finals in 30 years. That should scream volumes to you. If I gave you a 10 thousand bucks to bet on whether Nelson will get to the finals or not which side would you bet on?

I'm tired of people mentioning Stephen Jackson as if he some superstar. He is an average NBA player at best. I have nothing personaly against Jax and I'm sure he is a great guy and i enjoy his interviews. I think he will probably make a good coach one day. But he is very limited physically. He is not as good as he think he is and he should differ more than try to take the game over himself. I root for the guy but he needs to use more discretion with the ball.

I want the Warriors to win as badly as most of you guys. But until the Warriors get a winning management team in here we will always be anu underdog. cinderella type of team. Plus, I don't think Nelly gives a damn anymore. He's in it for the money. In my opinion, he doesn't care as much as we the fans do.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:02 am
E-Man wrote:
chinchilla13 wrote:and oh yeah, i forgot something....

maybe with baron gone we can get all of those rich, bandwagon fans that bought tickets last year and weren't NEARLY as rowdy as the diehards out there...


AMEN TO THAT!!!

put die-hards back in the lower bowl!


Have you guys seen the price increases this year? You have to be rich to sit in the lower bowl!
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 513
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:58 pm
I believe this team is built for the future, with Don handing the reigns to Smart. Don is a great coach and teacher and with his new mentality to play the young guys, it will be fun to watch these guys develop this year. So I believe we have a shot at the play offs, and add a few more pieces we could contend in the next 3 or 4 years. Im optamistic, and still believe.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:57 pm
Im sorry................but "We Believe" should be enshrined, put away and laid to rest in a special place in our hearts, for it was..............a magical end to a season and a playoff upset, after a long grueling wait to get back in the playoffs.

Thats me, we need to respect that time, leave "We Believe" with it and get something new that fits with this time.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:16 pm
Oh my god james, that sig is disgustingly beautiful
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Oh my god james, that sig is disgustingly beautiful


Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy dont it? :wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests