*Warriors Salary and Cap Space Thread*

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:40 pm
Jackattack wrote:Damn, that is a lot of information to assemble. You guys are awesome..
Honestly, I started to decipher it a bit, got down to the totals, and my head started to spin. :) 8)

Yeah, I started mine at 11:00am this morning, with about 6 hours sleep.................ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:07 am
one thing to add...

If anyone sees updated contract information or sees any errors on my spreadsheet, let me know and I will update it.
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm
bada wrote:
warrior 4 life85 wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly what these terms mean or point me to a thread or site that can)? I'm a real newbie to the financial world of the NBA even though I've been rooting for the warriors since I could stand up. I love watching and playing the game, but I now want to know about all this trading business so I don't sound like a complete fool on these Threads

buy-out clause
luxury tax Threshold - what happens when you go over it
Mid Level Exception
Larry Bird Clause
Opting out - when can a player do this exactly? is it different for different player contracts?

Is there anything important to know about long term deals?, I'm sure there's something in place that says oh you can't sign a player like LeBron James for a two decades.

thanks

This is a GREAT resource...

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

imma read the whole ****................ one day...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:03 am
spreadsheet updated for the acquisition of Marcus Williams.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:33 am
bada wrote:spreadsheet updated for the acquisition of Marcus Williams.

I dont get it............when did we sign Marcus Williams? :shock: ...............do you mean another Marcus Williams aside than the one who is with New Jersey? :?

I noticed that someone talked about the game last night, kind of in the way that he was playing for us.............but he wasnt. :?:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 am
Two questions:

(1) Does Harrington really have an option for 2009-2010?

(2) Where did you find Kosta's salary? I'm pretty sure the team has an option on him for 2009-2010. Please clarify.

Thanks.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:50 am
midtown wrote:Two questions:

(1) Does Harrington really have an option for 2009-2010?

Yes, he signed a 4 year deal with the Pacers with the 4th year being a player option year. Here is a piece from ESPN when he signed the deal

Al Harrington is headed back to the Indiana.

The Pacers acquired Harrington and center John Edwards in a sign-and-trade deal Tuesday for a 2007 first-round draft pick. ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that Harrington's new contract is for four years and is worth $35.3 million. He has a player option in Year 4, meaning Harrington can return to the open market as an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2009.

midtown wrote:(2) Where did you find Kosta's salary? I'm pretty sure the team has an option on him for 2009-2010. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Kosta's contract has been a tough one for me. I dont see any mention of ANY options on his 3 year $5 mill contract he signed. As far as his salary, this is coming from a few sites and google searches. The number is different almost everywhere but the number I have came up more than once so I went with it. However ESPN trade machine has it as around 1.6 not 1.9 so I may revise his number downward.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:11 pm
time to put buike and hendrix into the garenteed section

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm
Buike yes, Hendrix no. 2nd round pick contracts are not guaranteed until they are placed on the opening day roster. They can still cut him until then.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:06 pm
spreadsheets updated.

According to my calculations, we are over the cap by about 5.7 million if you take into account AB's cap hold and CJ Watson and Richard Hendrix non guaranteed contracts.

We are about 6.5 million under the luxury cap threshold which will allow us to retain AB comfortably at we are already accounting for 7.9.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 pm
scratch that.... looks like Monta will pretty much be making a flat 11 mill/year for the next 6 years. Will adjust the spreadsheet sometime tomorrow.
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:49 am
[quote="bada"]scratch that.... looks like Monta will pretty much be making a flat 11 mill/year for the next 6 years. Will adjust the spreadsheet sometime tomorrow.[/quote]

hey whats the deal with croshere? is he gone or what? can you update this tom?

and what about this,,,,

if biedrins goes that cap hold is gone too right? so does that mean we could use that money with the addition of Al Harrington and maybe a draft pick to get a good Center or PF?

and why the fvck doesn't my quote thing never work? I did what Bigs said (what I've been doing all along), I am using Ubuntu Linux (which f'ing rocks when you get the hang of it btw), thats the only thing different from most computers. FRUSTRATION
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:32 am
warrior 4 life85 wrote:hey whats the deal with croshere? is he gone or what? can you update this tom?

and what about this,,,,

if biedrins goes that cap hold is gone too right? so does that mean we could use that money with the addition of Al Harrington and maybe a draft pick to get a good Center or PF?

and why the fvck doesn't my quote thing never work? I did what Bigs said (what I've been doing all along), I am using Ubuntu Linux (which f'ing rocks when you get the hang of it btw), thats the only thing different from most computers. FRUSTRATION

Yes, that cap hold is gone, but we'll still be over the cap I believe, making us unable to sign a free agent. If we waited to sign Monta until Biedrins left, then we would have had about $10 million worth of cap room. If Biedrins leaves, it could make us from playoff contender to top 8 lottery pick for sure.

This is a very scary situation. Mullin better sign Biedrins or he will be chastised for being blindsided for the second time this summer, this time by Biedrins, and signing Ellis too early.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:49 am
well lets keep'em then

[update]

only trade'm if it means we are getting a YOUNG talented center or PF like like LaMarcus Aldridge or someone of that caliber.
Last edited by first off on Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball