AZUBUIKE RECEIVES A OFFER SHEET FROM CLIPPERS

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:41 pm
now Azu also goes to the clippers along with baron

... does anyone see us matching the offer or just letting him go

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3494107
Last edited by VIZsanity on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:44 pm
Aw, damn.

Hope for the best for him. Looks like Belinelli is getting minutes now that he's the only bench SG.

Monta/Watson or Nelson?
Jackson/Belinelli
Maggette/Randolph
Harrington/Wright/Hendrix
Biedrins/Turiaf/Perovic

Extremely young team.

Hope the sheet if matched, though.
Last edited by xbay on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:45 pm
damnit...i kinda hope we match the offer. i like buike and think he would be a very good role player if he continued here. despite what people might say, id take buike over belinelli anyday.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:47 pm
E-Man wrote:damnit...i kinda hope we match the offer. i like buike and think he would be a very good role player if he continued here. despite what people might say, id take buike over belinelli anyday.

It is a good pickup for the Clippers... I'm sure he will be able to produce for them since they no longer have maggette. I hope Azu the best... so now we have to former warriors on that team... They should have gotten POB while they were at it

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:48 pm
Viz wrote:
E-Man wrote:damnit...i kinda hope we match the offer. i like buike and think he would be a very good role player if he continued here. despite what people might say, id take buike over belinelli anyday.

It is a good pickup for the Clippers... I'm sure he will be able to produce for them since they no longer have maggette. I hope Azu the best... so now we have to former warriors on that team... They should have gotten POB while they were at it

And Barnes and Croshere while they're at it too. Still, the Warriors have a chance to match it still.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:49 pm
F*ck this!!!..............Im not having these Clippers do this again.

Seriously, if we dont think that Azu is worth 3 mil a season, and match that............with Azu choosing us as well of course.............I will be seriously p*ssed off. :banghead:

Simply put, we HAVE to re-sign him, as we would have 9 players (with Mags and Turiaf included) under contract...........Azu gives us versatility at the swingman positions (that sounds weird :mrgreen:) and a decent defender too.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:50 pm
bummer. I doubt the W's will match the $3/year offer but you never know.

All Star
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:50 pm
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! Don't leave us Azu!!!!!!!!

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:53 pm
The Clippers need to keep their collective hands to themselves!

I'd wish him the best of luck though - he's been a great compliment to our Warriors bench..I hope we match!

Rookie
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm
Warriors need to match if we want to have the team with the biggest arms!!! :wink: Maggs and Azu!!! No one will want to mess with us.

$3 million seems like a lot, I mean I love the way Azu played when he got PT. I hope we keep him I guess, I think it depends how much faith we have in Belli.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm
I do hope the warriors match the offer from the clippers... Azu can D up and make plays... He is still relatively cheap and already knows how to play for us.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm
If Turiaf is worth 4mil, then AZU is worth more...

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm
Guys please, stop wishing him luck damn it!!!..........the guy needs to stay, wish that he has his head screwed on and accepts our offer.

Also, how is 3 mil alot for a guy that has shown what he has, is still young, and is fully capable of developing so much more in his game...........I mean the guys got range, decent percentages, isnt a chucker, plays D well, elevates brilliantly, good FT shooter............and more to come.

3 mil to me is fine, and in comparison to alot of worser and one dimensional players (Kapono, Korver, Boykins, Delfino........on and on) he is a god damned steal at that money for 3-4 years or so!!!

F*ck.........if we dont match man, I swear!!!................

Rookie
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm
loyaltyisacurse wrote:If Turiaf is worth 4mil, then AZU is worth more...

True That.
Dont Leave us to go with Baron Azu!

All Star
» Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm
bigstrads wrote:Guys please, stop wishing him luck damn it!!!..........the guy needs to stay, wish that he has his head screwed on and accepts our offer.

Also, how is 3 mil alot for a guy that has shown what he has, is still young, and is fully capable of developing so much more in his game...........I mean the guys got range, decent percentages, isnt a chucker, plays D well, elevates brilliantly, good FT shooter............and more to come.

3 mil to me is fine, and in comparison to alot of worser and one dimensional players (Kapono, Korver, Boykins, Delfino........on and on) he is a god damned steal at that money for 3-4 years or so!!!

F*ck.........if we dont match man, I swear!!!................

I agree Bigs. 3 mil is nothing, it's barely over half the MLE. Azu deserves at least that.