Anthony Randolph in summer league

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:30 pm
32 you are probably right...
i just think if he could break himself of the nellie thing he could actually be a solid contributor :?:
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:22 pm
JOEL wrote:32 you are probably right...
i just think if he could break himself of the nellie thing he could actually be a solid contributor :?:

see, I agree with that. He is clearly a smart and thoughtful dude, but it gets to be a one trick pony and tiresome when even a less than worshipful mention of Nelson seems to be what draws him in. Anyone who pays the slightest attention gets that David thinks Nelson is a great coach, perhaps one of the all time greats, unfairly maligned on this board. Point heard. We may or may not agree, but saying it over and over again is not going to have much effect at this time. I would love to see him contribute to some of the dozens of other topics on this board. He says he does, but I visit fairly regularly, and can't recall seeing it more than once. It was so unusual that someone posted props to him for a non-Nelson post. How about some more of those, David?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 pm
coltraning wrote:
JOEL wrote:32 you are probably right...
i just think if he could break himself of the nellie thing he could actually be a solid contributor :?:

see, I agree with that. He is clearly a smart and thoughtful dude, but it gets to be a one trick pony and tiresome when even a less than worshipful mention of Nelson seems to be what draws him in. Anyone who pays the slightest attention gets that David thinks Nelson is a great coach, perhaps one of the all time greats, unfairly maligned on this board. Point heard. We may or may not agree, but saying it over and over again is not going to have much effect at this time. I would love to see him contribute to some of the dozens of other topics on this board. He says he does, but I visit fairly regularly, and can't recall seeing it more than once. It was so unusual that someone posted props to him for a non-Nelson post. How about some more of those, David?


Yup, that was me.............and that turned into a fight of course. :wink: (trust me as well, I read every post on this board, every day, and it must be about 98% Nellie related from him...........if not more)

Ive asked him many times, as have others, what he is going to do when Nellie retires (trying a different approach from the "You only post about Nellie")

And he has never answered of course.............mainly because his answer would probably be "Well, Ive never followed the Warriors anyway, Im a Dallas and Nellie fan, so Ill just be a Dallas fan"
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:54 pm
Location: Sherman, TX
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 am
It's really pretty amazing.

Someone says something, untrue, about Nelson.

I point out that what was said is untrue. I never say anything against the truth. I don't "worship" Nelson. I don't "love" Nelson. I just point out something that I know is erroneous.

Then, rather than refute what I'm saying with evidence, the discussion turns to me. Not because I don't have the facts on my side, but for daring to defend Don Nelson against accusations I know are false.

A lot of you guys are obviously content to base your conclusions on things that are untrue. It really doesn't matter what the subject is, Don Nelson, or whatever, if you don't base your conclusions on facts, what do you have?

I think the saturation point has been reached, at least for me it has.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 am
David wrote:It's really pretty amazing.

Someone says something, untrue, about Nelson.

I point out that what was said is untrue. I never say anything against the truth. I don't "worship" Nelson. I don't "love" Nelson. I just point out something that I know is erroneous.

Then, rather than refute what I'm saying with evidence, the discussion turns to me. Not because I don't have the facts on my side, but for daring to defend Don Nelson against accusations I know are false.

A lot of you guys are obviously content to base your conclusions on things that are untrue. It really doesn't matter what the subject is, Don Nelson, or whatever, if you don't base your conclusions on facts, what do you have?

I think the saturation point has been reached, at least for me it has.

David, for shame. Your answer is disingenuous and sophist and I know you are smart enough to know what those words mean. The main point, one you refuse to address, is your utter disinterest in posting on anything OTHER than Nelson. Several of us welcomed you to do so, but instead, you set up a straw man in your last post, and address things no one is bringing up. I believe it is because you are smart enough to know you have no reply to the accurate observation that virtually the one and only thing you post on is Nelson. So here's the question, David: Are you a Warriors fan or solely a Don Nelson fan? If Don Nelson leaves the Warriors, what, if anything will you post on (other than whoever the new coach is is not as good as Don Nelson "all praise his name".)???

And before you answer a charge I didn't make, go ahead, keep posting on Nelson til the 2012 election, whether or not he is here. I would never suggest otherwise. My point, and that of others, is that a Warriors fan posts on SOMETHING besides Don Nelson. Posters as diverse as 32, Bigs, sfsf, dareedle and J-Rich are living examples of that. The site is goldenstwarriors.com, not donnelson.com (btw, donnelson.com is available if you want to by the domain name!) I will repeat once more: You are a smart guy and it would be great if you brought your insights to the myriad of other non-Don Nelson topics on this board...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:20 am
coltraning wrote:
David wrote:It's really pretty amazing.

Someone says something, untrue, about Nelson.

I point out that what was said is untrue. I never say anything against the truth. I don't "worship" Nelson. I don't "love" Nelson. I just point out something that I know is erroneous.

Then, rather than refute what I'm saying with evidence, the discussion turns to me. Not because I don't have the facts on my side, but for daring to defend Don Nelson against accusations I know are false.

A lot of you guys are obviously content to base your conclusions on things that are untrue. It really doesn't matter what the subject is, Don Nelson, or whatever, if you don't base your conclusions on facts, what do you have?

I think the saturation point has been reached, at least for me it has.

David, for shame. Your answer is disingenuous and sophist and I know you are smart enough to know what those words mean. The main point, one you refuse to address, is your utter disinterest in posting on anything OTHER than Nelson. Several of us welcomed you to do so, but instead, you set up a straw man in your last post, and address things no one is bringing up. I believe it is because you are smart enough to know you have no reply to the accurate observation that virtually the one and only thing you post on is Nelson. So here's the question, David: Are you a Warriors fan or solely a Don Nelson fan? If Don Nelson leaves the Warriors, what, if anything will you post on (other than whoever the new coach is is not as good as Don Nelson "all praise his name".)???

And before you answer a charge I didn't make, go ahead, keep posting on Nelson til the 2012 election, whether or not he is here. I would never suggest otherwise. My point, and that of others, is that a Warriors fan posts on SOMETHING besides Don Nelson. Posters as diverse as 32, Bigs, sfsf, dareedle and J-Rich are living examples of that. The site is goldenstwarriors.com, not donnelson.com (btw, donnelson.com is available if you want to by the domain name!) I will repeat once more: You are a smart guy and it would be great if you brought your insights to the myriad of other non-Don Nelson topics on this board...


Nice post man, weve all said pretty much that many, many times, over and over, in so many different incarnations with no reply.............please just dont hold your breath waiting for that answer. :wink:

If David would ever answer the question of why he is really here and what happens when Nellie goes, I think I (and others) would just accept the fact that he wants to be the Nellie boy............but its that he is under the guise of a Warriors fan, on a Warriors board, that bothers everyone...........if we all knew for sure that he was a Dallas fan (which he more than likely is) who wants to bring his extensive knowledge of our coach to the board, then I think most would respond abit more positively to him.

Ps: Dont know about J-Rich and Dareedle being "diverse" posters though.............when have they done anything but insult and be negative about our team?...........ohh, I was gonna go off on one about them then, save it for another day. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:29 am
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
David wrote:It's really pretty amazing.

Someone says something, untrue, about Nelson.

I point out that what was said is untrue. I never say anything against the truth. I don't "worship" Nelson. I don't "love" Nelson. I just point out something that I know is erroneous.

Then, rather than refute what I'm saying with evidence, the discussion turns to me. Not because I don't have the facts on my side, but for daring to defend Don Nelson against accusations I know are false.

A lot of you guys are obviously content to base your conclusions on things that are untrue. It really doesn't matter what the subject is, Don Nelson, or whatever, if you don't base your conclusions on facts, what do you have?

I think the saturation point has been reached, at least for me it has.

David, for shame. Your answer is disingenuous and sophist and I know you are smart enough to know what those words mean. The main point, one you refuse to address, is your utter disinterest in posting on anything OTHER than Nelson. Several of us welcomed you to do so, but instead, you set up a straw man in your last post, and address things no one is bringing up. I believe it is because you are smart enough to know you have no reply to the accurate observation that virtually the one and only thing you post on is Nelson. So here's the question, David: Are you a Warriors fan or solely a Don Nelson fan? If Don Nelson leaves the Warriors, what, if anything will you post on (other than whoever the new coach is is not as good as Don Nelson "all praise his name".)???

And before you answer a charge I didn't make, go ahead, keep posting on Nelson til the 2012 election, whether or not he is here. I would never suggest otherwise. My point, and that of others, is that a Warriors fan posts on SOMETHING besides Don Nelson. Posters as diverse as 32, Bigs, sfsf, dareedle and J-Rich are living examples of that. The site is goldenstwarriors.com, not donnelson.com (btw, donnelson.com is available if you want to by the domain name!) I will repeat once more: You are a smart guy and it would be great if you brought your insights to the myriad of other non-Don Nelson topics on this board...


Nice post man, weve all said pretty much that many, many times, over and over, in so many different incarnations with no reply.............please just dont hold your breath waiting for that answer. :wink:

If David would ever answer the question of why he is really here and what happens when Nellie goes, I think I (and others) would just accept the fact that he wants to be the Nellie boy............but its that he is under the guise of a Warriors fan, on a Warriors board, that bothers everyone...........if we all knew for sure that he was a Dallas fan (which he more than likely is) who wants to bring his extensive knowledge of our coach to the board, then I think most would respond abit more positively to him.

Ps: Dont know about J-Rich and Dareedle being "diverse" posters though.............when have they done anything but insult and be negative about our team?...........ohh, I was gonna go off on one about them then, save it for another day. :wink:

well, they have been diverse in their negativity :wink: Seriously, I think David is a VERY smart guy, so it would be great if he could find something else to contribute besides defense of Nelson. As a matter of fact, I have an idea :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron