Anthony Randolph in summer league

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm
omfg david stfu already. Like Colt said, when I saw ur name I knew right away it was a post having to do with Nelson. Try posting about something else for once in ur life.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:00 pm
David wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
David wrote:Let me point something out, that you probably haven't noticed. I'm responding to something. I didn't just start a thread about how great Don Nelson is. I'm trying to address a misconception, or an instance of misinformation. The subject, that I, didn't start, was Don Nelson. I'm not sure why it's cool to express irrational hate for someone but uncool to offer a rebuttal to that irrational hate.


I find that funny. You say that every time, "I am trying to address a misconception." Leave us be! If all you are trying to do is correct us, leave! I'm sure the Lakers have all kinds of fans that can use a guy to correct them. I, for one, dont want to be corrected by a whole lot of people, especially from a guy that adds nothing to the board.

David wrote:If you're wondering how many of my posts are about Nelson, do a search by name. You might be surprised.


Just because you dont say the word "Nelson" or "Nellie" does not mean that you are not talking about him. I would be willing to bet that less than ten percent of the posts on the board from you are anything other than Nellie. Even then, that ten percent is you correcting us.

Frankly, you are the most annoying person on this board. Your narrow-mindedness and the way you correct us has driven me away from the board on two or three seperate occassions. As I said, you add nothing to this board. Go away.

IMO, what you're really saying is, you can't stand it when someone shows you that you're wrong and has something more than opinion to back it up. Rather than refute what I say, with facts of your own, you go on the offensive against me, rather than the subject of the discussion. Brilliant strategy. It beats having an informed opinion, every time.


You are one of the biggest idiots on here. You think that because you throw slanted stats at us, it makes you better, when, in fact, you know nothing about Warriors basketball. Go back to your f'n loser team in Dallas and be with the rest of the losers. Take your coach with you. As long as you leave.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm
This whole debate has become ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but this all began six months ago (give or take) with the idea that Nelson does not play big men or rookies. Both sides (the masses vs. mostly just David) have been trying to prove these assertions or debunk them ever since.

In reality, what we're really talking about is Nelson's decision not to play BWright, Marco, POB and Perovic.

I agree with David that these guys didn't play because the coach didn't feel they were ready. I also agree that Nelson deserves his right to make that call as one of the best evaluators of talent in the modern NBA era. He did, after all, take the Mavs from horrible to Dirk/Nash, and build the Run TMC era.

What has he done for the Warriors since? Take them to the playoffs after a drought of more than a decade and then nearly win 50 games in his second year. That's pretty darn good.

Is it possible he made a mistake with BWright? Sure, and he'd probably admit it after the fact. He's admitted publicly that his Richmond for Owens deal was bad, but few people give him credit for Timmy and Spree as of late.

He, in fact, could be wrong about all four of those guys and still have my respect. He didn't exactly bench them and play bad players. His core and his system won us more games since Webber/Timmy/Mullin/Spreewell. And man, that's saying a lot.

Give Nelson a break. Don't dump on Mullin either. Let's see how 08-09 goes down first.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:08 pm
Wow, SFx3, I've flown off the handle here before and been asked to chill... man, I respect your opinions but there's no need for that.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:19 pm
i dont believe that Wright would have been playing great if he played. In fact a lot of u for some reason think he could have solved our rebounding problems which just shows a lack of information because Wright is a very average rebounder for his position, however David is just annoying with how much he supports Nellie.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 pm
how hard is it to ignore someones post?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:46 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:This whole debate has become ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong but this all began six months ago (give or take) with the idea that Nelson does not play big men or rookies. Both sides (the masses vs. mostly just David) have been trying to prove these assertions or debunk them ever since.

In reality, what we're really talking about is Nelson's decision not to play BWright, Marco, POB and Perovic.

I agree with David that these guys didn't play because the coach didn't feel they were ready. I also agree that Nelson deserves his right to make that call as one of the best evaluators of talent in the modern NBA era. He did, after all, take the Mavs from horrible to Dirk/Nash, and build the Run TMC era.

What has he done for the Warriors since? Take them to the playoffs after a drought of more than a decade and then nearly win 50 games in his second year. That's pretty darn good.

Is it possible he made a mistake with BWright? Sure, and he'd probably admit it after the fact. He's admitted publicly that his Richmond for Owens deal was bad, but few people give him credit for Timmy and Spree as of late.

He, in fact, could be wrong about all four of those guys and still have my respect. He didn't exactly bench them and play bad players. His core and his system won us more games since Webber/Timmy/Mullin/Spreewell. And man, that's saying a lot.

Give Nelson a break. Don't dump on Mullin either. Let's see how 08-09 goes down first.


Good points...........but the prooblem is that David never concedes any faults of Nellies..........even the ones Nellie admits himself.

And simply put, its just annoying that all he does is defend Nellie..............he says he posts about other things but we all know that is not true, and if it is, its about 97% Nellie related.

Its like having a Dallas fan/Nellie obsessed troll on here.

8th ave wrote:how hard is it to ignore someones post?


Its harder than you think man, especially when every thread that has any negative mention of Nellie in it...........gets the same old bull sh*t spewed into it, and atleast 2 pages of whatever subject it may be is spent arguing about the same old Nellie crap.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:15 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Wow, SFx3, I've flown off the handle here before and been asked to chill... man, I respect your opinions but there's no need for that.


Was it out of line, maybe. I am not taking back what I said, though. He is no more than a troll.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:Wow, SFx3, I've flown off the handle here before and been asked to chill... man, I respect your opinions but there's no need for that.


Was it out of line, maybe. I am not taking back what I said, though. He is no more than a troll.


Dont worry man, Nellie, and as such David, are retiring soon. :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:Wow, SFx3, I've flown off the handle here before and been asked to chill... man, I respect your opinions but there's no need for that.


Was it out of line, maybe. I am not taking back what I said, though. He is no more than a troll.


Dont worry man, Nellie, and as such David, are retiring soon. :wink:


Hopefully, we can fire him before, but since that isnt happening, we have to deal with both of them for another year.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm
I agree that David is a bit of a one-trick pony and wish he would post more often on other subjects, but I do want to break up this crap on David fest by saying what I DO appreciate about David is tries to back up his points with stats and facts that help support his case.

SO many of us here could learn from that as some tend to just spew stuff that seems to come out of their backside. You rarely ever see David with a one liner counter or opinion. It is usually well thought out and backed with something factual.

99% of the time I dont agree with what he is saying, but I always appreciate his efforts.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm
bada wrote:99% of the time I dont agree with what he is saying, but I always appreciate his efforts.


How can you not agree with it if its backed up by stats and facts? arent stats and facts........well, stats and facts? :wink:

He may back up his statements, which is good of course..............but its just the same old stuff, every time, every thread Nellie is mentioned in a negative light............how many times has he posted that list of Nellie rookie minutes?

If anyone should ignore posts, it should be him.............must be pretty boring and tiresome saying the exact same stuff for a year and a half, he must have ready made post templates or something.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:20 pm
seems like i am missing something here... :happy1:

do we a new troll here...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm
GSW United wrote:seems like i am missing something here... :happy1:

do we a new troll here...


You have no idea. :mrgreen:

BTW, since this thread is already off-topic and I'm too lazy at the moment to check, but are you in our football fantasy league?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:31 pm
if you dont like davids post, simply ignore it. you say its harder than it looks, but i be on this board just as much as yall do, so whatever i can do you can do too...

seriously man... stop the bitchin... it doesnt do anything to contribute to the board...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests