Why do you guys hate the Lakers?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:43 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
dsigns wrote:I love LA the city, I hate the Lakers. Dont take it personal.

I hate LA as a city. I dispise it. I dont like any big cities, for that matter. I dont like Oakland or San Francisco for that reason.

What's wrong with cities? SF is not even that big. It's a nice place (and I don't even live there).

I can understand your hate for LA though. Not my kind of place at all.

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:24 am
I would have a hard time living in LA. The air is too polluted. I'd suffer with my asthma.

All Star
» Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:40 am
Faker fans are some of the worst fans ever!! Besides Philly fans who are known for being complete assholes, you guys take the cake! Most Faker fans are bandwagoners who only watch if the Fakers are winning! Let them play 2 quarters of bad basketball and the fans start booing and hissing like their lives depended on it! **** the FAKERS!!!!

Rookie
» Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:09 am
I can't stand Fakers or the Queen fans for one specific reason:

When we play those teams their fans come into our house and a good many act pompous, arrogant, and rude. The queens fans have disappeared (imagine the irony the Queens suck now).

Not to mention a good many of the Fakers that I have met are not from LA, the team is good and the only reason they call themselves a supposed fan.

It's about bandwagon, during the couple years the Fakers sucked you saw a huge decrease in their attendance at the Oakland Arena, last year they were back in full force (always fun and easy to root for a good team) but those peeps won't get my respect. :evil:

All Star
» Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:47 am
SFBlue wrote:I can't stand Fakers or the Queen fans for one specific reason:

When we play those teams their fans come into our house and a good many act pompous, arrogant, and rude. The queens fans have disappeared (imagine the irony the Queens suck now).

Not to mention a good many of the Fakers that I have met are not from LA, the team is good and the only reason they call themselves a supposed fan.

It's about bandwagon, during the couple years the Fakers sucked you saw a huge decrease in their attendance at the Oakland Arena, last year they were back in full force (always fun and easy to root for a good team) but those peeps won't get my respect. :evil:

I think i hate the queens more than anybody. Especially those ex warrior fans who turned queen fans when they got good. And then they got credit for being great fans. Anyway, i think i hate more than half the teams in the NBA but mostly lakers and queens

All Star
» Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:50 pm
for me its just always been a "bay vs la" thing. nor cal and so cal are so different and yet so the same, that you cant help but have a rivalry between the two areas. my pride in being raised here and my pride for my teams just naturally made me hate la teams. the only reason i can tolerate the clippers is cuz they suck too much to have a rivalry with...but now that we got maggs and baron left for the clips, there might spark a little rivalry there.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:32 pm
Nope I won't take it personal and thank you for the reply. Just wanted to say I'm not a bandwagon Lakers fans, I have stick through them during the hard times as well as the good times. Yes the Lakers fan during the final was horrible, I guess the fans gave up before the Lakers. Boy, if I was there I would hope I would spark the crowd up again.

Anyway I don't hate you guys (Golden State Warrior and their fans) even though you hate my team, Lakers. I like Baron Davis a lot actually, he has a good attitude, and he a Clippers now. Just hope you guys don't take this as a Vandetta to the Clippers. From what I heard, you guys (GSW Staff) didn't offer him enough money, and the Clippers just offer him more. He a good guy unlike that (beep) brand guy.

But why? WHY? would your manager play Corey Maggette 50 millions for 5 years? I don't get that move at all. He not even worth that much, and the Lakers, Spurs, Celtic wanted him because he was the cheapest free agent and the most valuable for that price, so why on earth did you guys overpaid him? Maybe it was a vandetta to the Clippers but a dumb one at that.

Anyway best of luck to you guys this coming year, and may the best team win!

All Star
» Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:03 pm
bada wrote:you guys are talking about their players as the reason you hate them and while valid, you know you would hate them regardless of who they have. You hate the players because you hate the team. Their roster is irrelivant.

Not true. If everybody on that team had the demeanor of Andrew Bynum, Ronny Turiaf, and Jordan Farmar I wouldn't have a problem with them. I just don't like Kobe, Fisher, and Odom.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:21 pm
Lakersfan98 wrote:Nope I won't take it personal and thank you for the reply. Just wanted to say I'm not a bandwagon Lakers fans, I have stick through them during the hard times as well as the good times. Yes the Lakers fan during the final was horrible, I guess the fans gave up before the Lakers. Boy, if I was there I would hope I would spark the crowd up again.

Anyway I don't hate you guys (Golden State Warrior and their fans) even though you hate my team, Lakers. I like Baron Davis a lot actually, he has a good attitude, and he a Clippers now. Just hope you guys don't take this as a Vandetta to the Clippers. From what I heard, you guys (GSW Staff) didn't offer him enough money, and the Clippers just offer him more. He a good guy unlike that (beep) brand guy.

But why? WHY? would your manager play Corey Maggette 50 millions for 5 years? I don't get that move at all. He not even worth that much, and the Lakers, Spurs, Celtic wanted him because he was the cheapest free agent and the most valuable for that price, so why on earth did you guys overpaid him? Maybe it was a vandetta to the Clippers but a dumb one at that.

You guys havent really experienced hard times yet...imagine 13 years of hard times, then come on here and say "i have endured all the hard times" ...u mean that one season in the last 15 years u werent in the playoffs...

Rookie
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:43 am
nickdakoolkat wrote:
Lakersfan98 wrote:Nope I won't take it personal and thank you for the reply. Just wanted to say I'm not a bandwagon Lakers fans, I have stick through them during the hard times as well as the good times. Yes the Lakers fan during the final was horrible, I guess the fans gave up before the Lakers. Boy, if I was there I would hope I would spark the crowd up again.

You guys havent really experienced hard times yet...imagine 13 years of hard times, then come on here and say "i have endured all the hard times" ...u mean that one season in the last 15 years u werent in the playoffs...

I agree I haven't experience hard times yet. I am lucky to be a Lakers fans and we only miss the playoff five times. I can say I feel really bad that you guys are still back to your rebuilding stages, I feel for you believe me. I think any team that hasn't win a championship in 10 years is pretty unlucky.

What I don't get and would like to know is because of draft pick and salary cap, how does the Lakers keep getting stars after stars of player? While a team like the Clippers has finally someone the like of Baron Davis in its whole history. Anyway Mullins is a horrible GM, but you guys did get an awful lot of talent in the past with the like of penny, so your still more bless than the Clippers. I guess when your use to winning like the Lakers, reaching the playoff don't cut it, reaching the final and losing is almost as painful as nothing reaching the playoff at all. This is not to bash or anything, just my honest opinion.

I'm just lucky to be a Lakers fans though I think LA is the worst city in the world that why I move up to Nor Cal, so only 1 hour away from the Oracle arena, but I'm still a Lakers fans, always will be because it my hometown. I feel very bless to be a Lakers fan, and not bashing you guys in anyway, just very happy to not have to worry about not reaching the playoff or not, the only thing I have to worry is whether win can win the championship or not.

Like I said before, this may not be GSW years, but 2010 will be hectic and every team in the league has the chance to be very good if they get good FA, like Boston did in one year.

All Star
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:12 am
Lakersfan98 wrote:
nickdakoolkat wrote:

I agree I haven't experience hard times yet. I am lucky to be a Lakers fans and we only miss the playoff five times. I can say I feel really bad that you guys are still back to your rebuilding stages, I feel for you believe me. I think any team that hasn't win a championship in 10 years is pretty unlucky.

What I don't get and would like to know is because of draft pick and salary cap, how does the Lakers keep getting stars after stars of player? While a team like the Clippers has finally someone the like of Baron Davis in its whole history. Anyway Mullins is a horrible GM, but you guys did get an awful lot of talent in the past with the like of penny, so your still more bless than the Clippers. I guess when your use to winning like the Lakers, reaching the playoff don't cut it, reaching the final and losing is almost as painful as nothing reaching the playoff at all. This is not to bash or anything, just my honest opinion.

I'm just lucky to be a Lakers fans though I think LA is the worst city in the world that why I move up to Nor Cal, so only 1 hour away from the Oracle arena, but I'm still a Lakers fans, always will be because it my hometown. I feel very bless to be a Lakers fan, and not bashing you guys in anyway, just very happy to not have to worry about not reaching the playoff or not, the only thing I have to worry is whether win can win the championship or not.

Like I said before, this may not be GSW years, but 2010 will be hectic and every team in the league has the chance to be very good if they get good FA, like Boston did in one year.

Some reasons why Warrior fans hate the Lakers:

1. Your team is consistently better than ours.

2. Your team has a better front office (Mitch Kupchak runs circles around Mullin).

3. You have a better coach (Phil wins championships; Nelson wins drinking contests (I happen to find Phil's smugness a bit too much, however).

4. Your team has better players.

5. Your team has won more championships.

6. Your fans know nothing about basketball (other than jumping on the bandwagon).

7. Your team gets national media exposure.

All Star
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:17 am

Look dude, are you coming onto our board just to stir the pot?

Our GM blew it; yet, the Bay Area media and fans are giving him a free ride.

Our team has been horrible for so long that we are no longer hoping for a championship, just entertainment. That is why Mullin had brought in Nelson to coach this team. It takes too much work, too much money, and competent people running the team to build a winner. That is why Mullin let Davis go for nothing. That is why Mullin panicked and signed Magette.

All Star
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:07 am
I like uptempo's comments. They were right on spot. For everyone that say they hate the Kobe, you would give your right nut to have him on the Warriors and you know it. Warrior fsns hate the laundry. I even think that most Warrior fans didn't hate hate the Kareem, Magic, Worthy Lakers.

I'm an avid Warrior fan. The only team I hate is the Celtics, and that's for other reasons. I hate all Boston teams. I used to hate the Dallas Mavericks under it's original ownership for other reasons, also.

I have a hard time hating any player because I haven't met most of them. If I have to hate a player it would be Bobby Sura and Antawn Jamison. When I met them they both appeared to aloof, pompous, assholes. I wanted to B-slap both them. And I'm big enough to do it.

Rookie
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:37 am
I hate the lakers because everyone else (warriors fan) hates them. So I decided if (5 years ago) I wanted to be a warriors fan, I had to hate them.

All Star
» Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:11 pm
bigstrad wrote:I hate the lakers because everyone else (warriors fan) hates them. So I decided if (5 years ago) I wanted to be a warriors fan, I had to hate them.

im confused...who is this bigs imposter? two ways i know it isnt bigs. 1) post is missing all the ........................................ and 2) his huge sig is not attached. IP check?