Why do you guys hate the Lakers?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Rookie
Posts: 7
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:03 am
I am a Lakers fan and I or we don't hate you guys. Why do you call us the Fakers? Wouldn't you root for us in the final, since we are an CA team? I know I would root for any of my 3 other CA team if you guys reach the final, if the Lakers were eliminated. I only expect these dumb "Fakers" from other non CA team. Hell, your our neighbor to the north, and I live like 1 hour away from Oakland at the moment.

I am a Lakers fan (repeat) but I feel really bad for you guys when Baron leaves, of course I am ecstatic for Baron to now become a Clippers. Then you guys go right away and force Brand to make a hard decision, and now I guess you guys feel really good that the Clippers don't have EB anymore? Look, I was hoping you guys get Gilbert Arenas since you guys lost Davis, so I don't know what with all the LA hate?

WE don't hate you guys.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:08 am
if you havent noticed... the whole damn league hate yall (referring to fans)... you've never seen the "beat l.a." signs at opposing arenas? you have 29 more forums to go if your trying to figure out why people hate the lakers...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 am
Consider it a compliment. Fans only hate teams that have had a lot of success. You wont see a lot of people here HATING the Clippers, Memphis, Charlotte, etc.

Also the fact that we are division rivals is huge. Most people have no fondness for division rivals.

And then you add to the fact that it is LA! Everyone hates LA it seems. Also the Nor Cal/So Cal thing.

Those are just a few of the many reason.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 359
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am
Personally I hate the Lakers because of Kobe Bryant mostly. The fact that we are nieghbors and used to get romped on by LA, and I don't like the city that much are just kickers. LA doesn't have a particularly charismaticly enticing roster, because whatever you say, I really dislike Derek Fisher. I rooted for Boston like hell, because KG is a man/beast/person you want to root for, and LA doesn't have a player like that (Kobe is just a man/beast/person). I think probably 80% of people I talked to were rooting for the Celtics.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:35 am
we are WARRIOR FANS! thats why
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:41 am
I was forced to root for the Lakers in the finals.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am
ask a stupid question :mrgreen:
here is my stupid answer

philldo is pompus
kobe is soft and a lil bitch cry baby who gets all the calls and thinks he is god.....not to mention when things dont go his way he is a cry baby..did i say he was a cry baby.
fisher is a snake and a flopper
odom and gasol are soft
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 am
you guys are talking about their players as the reason you hate them and while valid, you know you would hate them regardless of who they have. You hate the players because you hate the team. Their roster is irrelivant.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:59 am
bada wrote:you guys are talking about their players as the reason you hate them and while valid, you know you would hate them regardless of who they have. You hate the players because you hate the team. Their roster is irrelivant.



WRONG.....
I dont know that bada, I liked the lakers when shaq and robert h were apart of the team....kobe just turns me off....and gives me a bad taste for the rest of the players.

Warriors , well all oakland teams are my team first and foremost ( i stick with my family and my friends and my local teams) however i did enjoy watching lakers a few years back

Rookie
Posts: 2
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 pm
one word: kobe
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 359
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:26 pm
bada wrote:you guys are talking about their players as the reason you hate them and while valid, you know you would hate them regardless of who they have. You hate the players because you hate the team. Their roster is irrelivant.


eh I dont think so. I'm a big Andrew Bynum fan... I like Turiaf :)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:28 pm
I always liked shaq but never liked the lakers. It is the LA factor. Can't root for LA teams, sorry.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:
bada wrote:you guys are talking about their players as the reason you hate them and while valid, you know you would hate them regardless of who they have. You hate the players because you hate the team. Their roster is irrelivant.


eh I dont think so. I'm a big Andrew Bynum fan... I like Turiaf :)


which is kind of my point... you can like some of the players but you will still hate the team.... or you will hate the players regardless of who they are just because they play for the lakers.

everyone is different but my point is that Warriors fans didn't start hating the lakers once kobe was there. that has been going on FOREVER.

The showtime lakers played one of the most entertaining brands of basketball the league and with generally a cast of guys that were classy and easy to root for... but the venom towards them in the Coliseum wasn't really any different then what it is today.

Rookie
Posts: 7
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:35 pm
bada wrote:Consider it a compliment. Fans only hate teams that have had a lot of success. You wont see a lot of people here HATING the Clippers, Memphis, Charlotte, etc.

Also the fact that we are division rivals is huge. Most people have no fondness for division rivals.

And then you add to the fact that it is LA! Everyone hates LA it seems. Also the Nor Cal/So Cal thing.

Those are just a few of the many reason.


Wouldn't this mean you would say Beat San Antonio too? Since they won 3 out championship in five year?

I guess the LA factor is right, and I don't blame you. I hate the City of LA more than any other city. That why I move up to North cal where there are full of friendly people. When I went back to LA for the summer, I felt disgusted and really awkward about LA people. Even as a LA native born and raise, I really ****ing hate this city and its people, so I guess the LA factor is true.

I will also be a Lakers fan, because even though I don't live in So Cal anymore it my hometown, and I respect everyone opinion and thank you for the reply.

Role Player
Posts: 439
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 pm
I love LA the city, I hate the Lakers. Dont take it personal.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests