okc radio says al for wilcox and ridnour....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 pm
Trading Harrington for Jaric and Lowry would be terrible.

I'd rather trade Harrington to Chicago for Hinrich or just sign Livingston.

» Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:54 pm
Fat chance we'd take on Jaric's contract just for the sake of making a trade. :roll: Keep dreaming, Memphis.

Lowry would be nice. hobbes is right; they won't trade Conley. Crittenton is unproven and definite underpayment for an established player like Harrington, although I love his potential.

:dontknow: Am I the only one who thinks Hinrich is a better option than any of Memphis' guards?

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 pm
32 wrote:Fat chance we'd take on Jaric's contract just for the sake of making a trade. :roll: Keep dreaming, Memphis.

Lowry would be nice. hobbes is right; they won't trade Conley. Crittenton is unproven and definite underpayment for an established player like Harrington, although I love his potential.

:dontknow: Am I the only one who thinks Hinrich is a better option than any of Memphis' guards?

nope...

Rookie
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:09 pm
32 wrote:Fat chance we'd take on Jaric's contract just for the sake of making a trade. :roll: Keep dreaming, Memphis.

no sir... i would have to agree with you... i think if we could get hinrich it would be the best choice..... harrington for hinrich straight up would be a nice trade for us.... if that doesnt happen then i say we look at dooling or livingston

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:17 pm
interesting prospects, though i'd have to say out of the memphis guards i'd want the most physical which would seem to be crittenton. we need a bigger, physical guard next to monta.

All Star
» Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:53 pm
Don Nelson wrote:Yes. Please make this work. I wouldn't mind trading Al Harrington + Filler for Wilcox himself.

Wilcox = The Mind of a PF/ Center (rebounds, defense, pts in the paint)

on the other hand

Harrington = The Mind of a SG/ Forward (perimeter shots, no D, & no rees)

Please Mullin, if we can get Wilcox, I'll buy season tickets.

wilcox isnt making as much as harrington. so it would have to be wilcox+filler for harrington. but the OKC wont do it...theyre trying to free up the 4 spot for jeff green. goo check out the trades section and read the proposal i have. it's something i thought of earlier today and doesnt give us a backup point guard...but it makes us better and works out all ways around IMO.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:24 am
The Warriors want a guard to compliment Ellis. Memphis has point guards but want to dump bad contracts. Al has no future with the Warriors and Chicago needs to move a guard to play Rose. We had the chance to get Crit and gambled on Nellie and BD and Ellis. Picking up a SG with only Ellis to back up and injury and opt out risk BD meant Mullie was committed to his small guard. H makes sense. he excels in the open court, has good size, and overpaid contract. I don't think we are getting Turiaf and drafting Randolph to keep Harrington and his lousy rebounding.

Rookie
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:02 am

No i wouldn't mind that but i heard the Bulls are planing to keep him.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 am
Nelson seems ready to have Monta as the PG, that means no trade for a starting PG from another team, esecially Felton or Hinrich unfortunately. I'd rather see SJackson go, as well as Harrington, because the committment has been made to Maggette and keeping Monta at SG, with Maggette at SF and trading for either Hinrich or Felton, along with another good player, would be ideal. Looks like Mullin will just get a backup PG and nothing else major, at least no big trade

All Star
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:54 am
please be true

All Star
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:46 am
I still don't like Ellis at point. Maybe he can learn to be ok in a year or two...No, get a starting point, let Ellis do his two-spot thing.

All Star
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 am
A few facts here;

1. Nelson already has said tha t Monta is his point guard. Forget bringing in another starting point guard.

2. Why would Oklahoma City trade Wilcox for Harrington? That would be totally foolish on their part.

3. When did Wilcox become a stud? He looks better than he actually plays. Collison was much more productive than Wilcox.

4, Why are we talking about mediocrity? None of these trades will put the Warriors in the playoffs.

5. Quirt adding Hendrix to the roster. This kid has got to make the team first. Remember Lasme? You guys had him all but starting last year. Did he even play in the NBA last year?

5. Let's face it. The Warriors have no stars now that Baron is gone. Monta could easily regress as well as improve. Same with Andres. We still have the same senile old Coach who is stubborn and has never found a formula to get deep into the playoffs. This team on paper is WORST than last years team. And last years team didn't make the playoffs. I'm disappointed in the Warriors. Rony Turiaf? he was dreadful against the Celtics. He was so bad that Phil Jackson stopped plYING him altogether. This team is not even as exciting as last years team. Baron and Pietrus at least gave us some highlight moments. Unless the new Warriors get significant playing time, this will be the same ol 30 win season Warriors.

Role Player
» Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:35 am
Ridnour is an extremely solid backup. I'd love for him to play for us.

Role Player
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:46 am
Hey guys, been away from this place far too long...

Although I agree with coach re: monta be the starting pg next year I do worry about his readiness to undertake that role. I have confidence in his ability to improve his game though, so I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

As far as a back up point guard goes, most people seem to be going down the road of the traditional pass first point guard. I'm not sure thats what this team needs though. I'd actually like to see another combo guard backing up both monta and s-jax, as both have shown themselves atleast somewhat capable of running the offence.

All this said, I kind of like the idea of trading Al for Mo Williams straight up. I have to admit I haven't looked at Mo's salary but I'm pretty sure its similar to Al's.

Mullin keeps talking about our guys in terms of being players and not by a particular position...with that in mind I think we'd have one of the most versatile/deep back courts and wings in the NBA with this trade.

Sure that may leave us thin up front, but I'm all for giving the young guys some REAL playing time. Does that mean we may miss the playoffs again? Sure I guess...but we're stockpiling some amazing talent at the moment and unless they get some serious minutes how will they improve in any significant way?

What are peoples thoughts? Anyone even mildly interested in Mo?

All Star
» Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 am
Hmmm, rethinking a bit. Maybe Nelson keeps saying that Ellis will be the point guard to make other teams think the Ws aren't desperate to get one.

Prediction: the Ws play better when the point guy comes in and Ellis plays the two. In time, that becomes the alpha lineup.