Turiaf agrees to deal with Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:18 am
uptempo wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Dont you just LOVE!!!.........that the first story and only story about us signing Turiaf..............is titled =

"Bynums Good Health, Makes Turiaf Expendable"

And spend the whole article talking about the f*cking Fakers.............. :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll:

What is up with these a*sholes??? why cant they just have "Golden State Warriors Ink Turiaf To Deal"...........obviously mention the fact that the Fakers had to let him go because of there loaded team.

God damn pisses me off, at the very least, treat us like every one else in the damned league, where every f*cking free agent signing, from Brent Barry to Dooling, gets its own headline and story. :banghead:

Why the agita about the title of the story? It is true; Bynum being healthy did make Turiaf expendable. Bynam is a better player. That being said, Turiaf is a good player and should fit in well with the Warriors. Unfortunately, the Warriors seem to be a team that can only pick up the Lakers' second tier players...sigh...

Of course.............all Im saying is that, news is news...........Bynum is healthy? GREAT! A good role player like Turiaf signs with the Warriors? GREAT!

They each deserve there own story, own headline.............when Brent Barry signed with the Rockets, did we get a progress report on T'Mac's back? nope..........lets face it, there had been plenty of reports/articles about Bynum, yes hes a better player and more news worthy in general.............but it just pisses me off how everything we do, is just an excuse for people to talk about the team we did it too.

Have you ever read an NBA.com "Recap".............even if we beat the crap out of the other team, it is usually primarily about the other team.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 am
Now THIS!!! is what Im talking about. :mrgreen:

"Warriors Sign Ronny Turiaf"

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warrio ... uriaf.html

The Golden State Warriors acquisition of restricted free agent forward Ronny Turiaf has been finalized, Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin announced today. The acquisition became official when the Los Angeles Lakers declined their right, under terms of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement, to match the Warriors' offer for the restricted free agent by the end of the day on Friday, July 18 (seven days). Golden State had originally signed Turiaf to the offer sheet on Thursday, July 10 and copies of the contract were received by the Lakers the following day.

“We're fortunate to add a player with Ronny's intangibles to our team,” said Mullin. “He's a young, high-energy player who will provide our squad with additional frontcourt depth, rebounding and interior defense. He played a significant role and a lot of crucial minutes on a team that advanced to The NBA Finals last season.”

Turiaf, 25, appeared in 78 games (21 starts) last season with the Lakers, averaging 6.6 points, 3.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.38 blocks in 18.7 minutes per contest. In the 35 contests in which he played 20-or-more minutes last season, he averaged 10.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.14 blocks. A native of the French Caribbean island of Martinique, Turiaf ranked fifth in the NBA in blocked shots per 48 minutes played (3.56) and ranked 22nd in the league in blocked shots overall.

A three-year NBA veteran, Turiaf owns career averages of 5.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.13 blocks and 15.6 minutes in 173 regular-season games with the Lakers. The 6’10” 250-pound graduate of Gonzaga University has shot 50.4% (350-695 FG) from the field and 70.3% (244-347 FT) from the free throw line during his career.

Turiaf will wear uniform #21.

Maybe I jumped the gun in my distaste for the first article.............still, what I said is still true. :wink:

Also, remember how I was moaning and going nuts about the photoshopped picture of Baron in a Clippers uniform on the press release?..............then within hours, it was changed................now, I moan about the only press release about Turiaf being about Bynum.......see where Im going with this???..........THEY ARE WATCHING!!! :wink:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:53 pm
Turiaf is a bum I cant believe the warriors signed this big stiff.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 pm
world b free fan wrote:Turiaf is a bum I cant believe the warriors signed this big stiff.

Care to explain this opinion? What is this based on?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:25 pm
He flops from time to time. And he can be dirty sometimes too. Now that he's on the Warriors, I don't care! :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:54 pm
turiaf is just another adonal foyle. the only good thind about turiaf is that he's pretty mobile for a big guy and that means he can rotate for the help side D and block. the bad thing is his size is suppose to be a good rebounder but hes not.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:05 pm
j3kk wrote:turiaf is just another adonal foyle. the only good thind about turiaf is that he's pretty mobile for a big guy and that means he can rotate for the help side D and block. the bad thing is his size is suppose to be a good rebounder but hes not.

how can you compare turiaf to adonal... Foyle just blocked shots... he missed so many shot with his back towards the basket... Turiaf is quicker... has more energy and can score better and will do more than Adonal did with a lot less money
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:25 pm
$17 million / 4 years for turiaf is quite expensive, why?
i believe if we offer him $12 million / 4 years , he will still agree with us coz Lakers will not match that offer.Fakers have bunch of big guys so i still don't understand why Mullin throwing that much money for Turiaf.... :|
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:46 pm
GSW United wrote:$17 million / 4 years for turiaf is quite expensive, why?
i believe if we offer him $12 million / 4 years , he will still agree with us coz Lakers will not match that offer.Fakers have bunch of big guys so i still don't understand why Mullin throwing that much money for Turiaf.... :|

I think our offer was the exact amount that would have taken the Fakers into the luxury tax...........any less, and they would have more than likely matched.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 pm
j3kk wrote:turiaf is just another adonal foyle. the only good thind about turiaf is that he's pretty mobile for a big guy and that means he can rotate for the help side D and block. the bad thing is his size is suppose to be a good rebounder but hes not.

no...kwame brown is another adonal foyle. if you noticed, turiaf started to develop a mid-range jumper towards the end of the season, im sure he knew he had to open up his offensive game in order to stay in the league. id take him at that price anyday, especially considering the spirit and great clubhouse attitude this guy has had ever since he had that heart surgery.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:39 pm
dont mind this signing at all. At little expensive? Yes perhaps, but all signings of restricted free agents generally are or they are matched

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:36 pm
yeah but at 17m/4yrs? i think we got a little desperate after losing brand so we offered him that much. yeah no doubt he has great energy. i saw him jumping around during the finals. but his skills are average to below average. 4 years is a long time.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:42 pm
j3kk wrote:yeah but at 17m/4yrs? i think we got a little desperate after losing brand so we offered him that much. yeah no doubt he has great energy. i saw him jumping around during the finals. but his skills are average to below average. 4 years is a long time.

i wouldnt call 4 mill a year desperate. its a good signing and IMO is around the ball park i expected. desperate would have been signing foyle to a five year contract startin at about 6.5 and escalating to about 10 million :mrgreen: ...oh wait... :oops:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:27 am
E-Man wrote:
j3kk wrote:yeah but at 17m/4yrs? i think we got a little desperate after losing brand so we offered him that much. yeah no doubt he has great energy. i saw him jumping around during the finals. but his skills are average to below average. 4 years is a long time.

i wouldnt call 4 mill a year desperate. its a good signing and IMO is around the ball park i expected. desperate would have been signing foyle to a five year contract startin at about 6.5 and escalating to about 10 million :mrgreen: ...oh wait... :oops:

definitely... we lost dampier the year before if i'm correct... and mullin didn't want to take a chance of losing the longest tenured warrior at the time... Seeing the big men in the FA mullin panicked and pulled the trigger... Hell it was like his first year as GM... and he has made up for his mistakes the past 2-3 seasons. He is getting wiser every season and i have no doubt in what he decides for the team... Keep it coming mully
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:39 am
I think Turiaf will help this team. A tough defencive minded energy big guy. we have had defensive guys like barns but Turiaf is a guy who will play the 5 spot and get after it, just adding more versatility to this team. Maybe at a little higher price than Id like but I think the right kind of guy just the same. and IF Hendrex can work out to be a simular player, then were stoked. Turiaf is only 25, still young and with room to grow.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball