Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:15 pm
what does this mean for Kosta??? :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:19 pm
how about we forget about turiaf and make a 3-way trade with the bulls and sonics.

bulls recieve: al harrington from the warriors
sonics reieve: kirk hinrich from the bulls
warriors recieve: chris wilcox and johan petro from the sonics.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~2780~1731~308&teams=25~9~9~4&te=&cash=

then maybe we sign shaun livingston as our backup point guard.

monta/livingston/watson
jax/buike
maggs/randolph
wilcox/wright/hendrix
biedrins/petro/kosta
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:20 pm
~W~ wrote:what does this mean for Kosta??? :banghead:

I think he may be heading back overseas.

I actually liked Kosta, to tell you the truth. In his two games, he frustrated the heck out of Bogut and kept Shaq in check. Shaq may be old, but he's still Shaq and Kosta is still Kosta.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:04 pm
I was hoping to sign Nenad Kristic!!! If he gets over the knee injury this guy is a player!!! Lakers match the offer W's give Nenad an offer...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 pm
I'm beginning to like the two signings but wish we could have offered Iggy a bigger contract!!! He's younger and he would fit well!!!

Maggette and Turiaf bring both toughness and rebounding to our team!!!

I think we have an answer to both Boozer and Millsapnow!!! 8)
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:37 pm
i am not into a player like Turiaf, if u talked about Wilcox...i am on it.
I would like to see Hinrich,wilcox play for W's and these 2 guys will make our team better...Turiaf for me is like version of YOUNG ADONAL FOYLE.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:00 pm
Not sure why all of you are hating on Turiaf, he's only 25 years old. He's 6'10'', can run up and down the court. Adds much needed rebounding and shot blocking, plus he can score around the basket. His FT% has consistently gotten better over the years too. He brings all the things that Warriors fans were drooling over when we drafted Hendrix.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 pm
He also apparently brings it at 4M/year, which is the cause for any consternation.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:12 pm
BattyRidah wrote:Not sure why all of you are hating on Turiaf, he's only 25 years old. He's 6'10'', can run up and down the court. Adds much needed rebounding and shot blocking, plus he can score around the basket. His FT% has consistently gotten better over the years too. He brings all the things that Warriors fans were drooling over when we drafted Hendrix.

great post right there, he fits a need very well. Hes not an amazing player but we are retarded when it comes to defense and rebounding and he will improve that aspect of our team tremendously.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 pm
I'll need to be convinced on the Turiaf signing. I'm not a huge fan, as I felt he flopped hardcore on a foul against us last season... plus, he seemed kinda dirty, from a 3rd party view. On the other hand, I love hustle and energy, which seems to be the MO that Los Angeles has given him.

And dirty players don't seem to bother me when they're on our side. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:10 pm
32 wrote:I'll need to be convinced on the Turiaf signing. I'm not a huge fan, as I felt he flopped hardcore on a foul against us last season... plus, he seemed kinda dirty, from a 3rd party view. On the other hand, I love hustle and energy, which seems to be the MO that Los Angeles has given him.

And dirty players don't seem to bother me when they're on our side. :mrgreen:

(cough cough) matt barnes... :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 am
i live in the bay but work in the OC

i heard some socal sport talk station basically ridicule the warriors for signing magette and especially offering turiaf $17mm

basically calling us idiots

they said we replaced baron davis with magette and turiaf

why are we offering turiaf that much money anyway???

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:35 am
mazuzu wrote:i live in the bay but work in the OC

i heard some socal sport talk station basically ridicule the warriors for signing magette and especially offering turiaf $17mm

basically calling us idiots

they said we replaced baron davis with magette and turiaf

why are we offering turiaf that much money anyway???

I said in another post that Davis is being presented as a superstar down there. It is not like Kobe is being replaced by Magette and Turiaf, as they will find out to their consternation. They may well put the idiot label on someone else.

Coach Dunleavy was on and was clearly pissed that Brand left. He thought everything was set and ok and felt he was fooled. Kind of like here.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:14 am
I know its subtle, but the keys to the franchise are being revoked on Nellie. He was given the right to buy out Cabby, and Foyle and ship out J-Rich. He was given the green light for the Italian shooter instead of a PG like Javaris and he placed his eggs in the BD, Jack, Harrington crew which didn't sniff the playoffs and performed lousy at the end of the season. Compared to BRand who completely hosed the Clippers, Mullin was never on planning on building the team around BD and his low FG percentage. Mags and Turiaf give us a physical team that will make getting the free throw without getting down or grabbing rebounds a lot harder preposition for the softer Western Conference teams. While Pietrus, Al, and Barnes are nice role players, tough PF they were not. Assuming we get more rebounds, have a nice tall line up (Biedrins, Harrington, Mags, Jackson and Ellis) we should be a uptempo high percentage team in need of some good shooters more than a pure point guard .. just ask LeBron. This lineup screams Mags and Jackson in the post with Harrington pulling a big to the perimeter. The big question that remains to be seen (besides the swap for Kirk and Al) can Jackson take over the SG position to a Paul Pierce type level and be a primary ball handler creating the half court offense or will he revert to his late season of form of jacking up ill-advised threes and dead legs. The two easiest ways of annoying a GM is sitting high lottery picks and not making the playoffs.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 am
Shouldn't this have happened already? I thought the deadline was yesterday?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball