Turiaf agrees to deal with Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 am
Don Nelson wrote:The Lakers have 7 Days to offer something better, but I doubt they will.
Nope, that isn't going to happen. The Lakers would have to go deeper into the luxury tax in order to match the offer.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:22 am
that is exactly right. The Lakers are already 4 mill OVER the new luxury tax amount of 71 million. And that is with only their 10 guarenteed contracts on the books. This means they get taxed one dollar for every dollar they spend which means instead of paying Turiaf 4 million, he would cost them $8 million. Not a chance!
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:34 am
i must say, the offers of both maggette and turiaf is throwing me off. but i guess i'll just have to wait to see whether or not mully/nelly is going to make some trades. first off, the signing of maggette might push back marco's and randolph's (assuming that he plays at all) playing time, something that nellie said he would give marco and brandan wright more of. and the signing of turiaf means that brandan will have to share minutes with andris, al, and turiaf. i guess what im trying to figure is whether if we're trying to rebuild, compete, or both. these signings, imo, says that we're still trying to compete. but the drafting anthony randolph vs. drafting robin lopez tells me we're rebuilding for the future... my guess is that we're trying to do both :?

i dunno man... please tell me if im not making any sense....
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 am
I don't understand people saying they don't like turiaf but he fills a need. Which is it? that's sort of a contradiction. If we get Turiaf, hendrix doesn't make the team. Simple as that. he will be this years Lasme. Plus, Hendrix is not very athletic. A lot of scouts don't feel his game will translate well in the pros. That is why we lasted into the second round. last year a lot of you dogged me wheni told you Lasme would not make the team. I could be right on this one too.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am
i think i'd be fair to let the cards fall, you've got to remember half our team are free agents, so predicting cut's in early july seems a bit premature.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:40 pm
I thought Hendrix was our Turiaf/Millsap? What's this about?
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 pm
I like Turiaf as a player - but his attitude stinks. I know I haven't seen enough to make a final judgement but he just seems like a jack-@ss. I know we picked up Jackson and everything went alright...but still. I guess we'll see!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 pm
The Coooach wrote:I don't understand people saying they don't like turiaf but he fills a need. Which is it? that's sort of a contradiction. If we get Turiaf, hendrix doesn't make the team. Simple as that. he will be this years Lasme. Plus, Hendrix is not very athletic. A lot of scouts don't feel his game will translate well in the pros. That is why we lasted into the second round. last year a lot of you dogged me wheni told you Lasme would not make the team. I could be right on this one too.

Hey brotha - I'm with you on this one. Although I wasn't here at the time you posted the "Lasme" prediction I was thinking the same exact thing. We'll see what happens with Hendrix - I like him but that doesn't mean a DAMN in the sports world.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:15 pm
i can see why you can either like/dislike this move by mully, but you have to admit, the signing of turiaf gives us...

1. a rebounder willing to sacrifice his body
2. more depth/flexibility at the pf position, which could be a 'forsure' sign that harrington is on his way out.
3. although he's no karl malone, he's started to develop a mid-range game.
4. and there is no way he embodies the spirit that BD provided, Turiaf IS a GREAT spark on the bench. you always see this guy standing up encouraging his teammates, something that only Stack Jack, BD, and Matt Barnes has provided the past 2 years.

i love the (supposed) signing and i think turiaf+maggette the next 5 years could perhaps be greater than what BD had to offer in three.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 pm
Turiaf BRINGS IT every night... I like that. I also like that he seems to be personally offended if the opposition gets an easy basket at the rim and will put somebody on their ass to defend the rim.

One other thing I have noticed of him is his ability to blocks shots with his left hand... kind of a lost art in the NBA.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:42 pm
anybody else think beans and turiaf on the floor at the same time would be interesting?

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:58 pm
for anyone thinking that this means that we aren't going to be keeping Hendrix, be sure we will, unless he goes in a trade, because we have so many empty roster spots we need a cheap guy who could be good, there's no way they give up on him this early.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm
By the way...who the heck is this Dooling character the Warriors are rumored to be thinking about signing?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Keyon Dooling... Kind of a poor man's Monta Ellis. Quick as hell, not much of a passer, but not a great scorer either. He's a decent backup, especially for this team who likes quick PG's who can really push it up and down the floor.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:05 pm
LAStateOfMind wrote:Keyon Dooling... Kind of a poor man's Monta Ellis. Quick as hell, not much of a passer, but not a great scorer either. He's a decent backup, especially for this team who likes quick PG's who can really push it up and down the floor.

Cool - thanks for the description!
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball