Page 1 of 1

felton: what would it take?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:17 pm
by Slammin40oz
frankly i'd rather have raymond felton over kirk hinrich or any other PG we could aquire. i think felton could be had considering how they drafted augustin. felton would probably be a good player in our system, what would you be willing to give up?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 pm
by tallboy12321
I'm not a fan of felton at all.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 pm
by jimbob631
reasons?

I don't understnad ur man crush over baron but u don't like a young point guard that is a good scorer and dishes 7 assists. He dosn't chuck like baron and hes only 24 or 25

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 pm
by jimbob631
jimbob631 wrote:reasons?

I don't understnad how people are in love with baron but people don't like a young point guard that is a good scorer and dishes 7 assists. He dosn't chuck like baron and hes only 24 or 25

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 pm
by tallboy12321
jimbob631 wrote:reasons?

I don't understnad ur man crush over baron but u don't like a young point guard that is a good scorer and dishes 7 assists. He dosn't chuck like baron and hes only 24 or 25


I particularly like either of them... so i dont know where you came from with that..

It seems like Felton has sort of topped out. He's not a very efficient point guard in the Charolotte offense, not a great defender, and there is a reason Charolotte drafted a point guard with their pick this year.

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 pm
by Slammin40oz
tallboy12321 wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:reasons?

I don't understnad ur man crush over baron but u don't like a young point guard that is a good scorer and dishes 7 assists. He dosn't chuck like baron and hes only 24 or 25


I particularly like either of them... so i dont know where you came from with that..

It seems like Felton has sort of topped out. He's not a very efficient point guard in the Charolotte offense, not a great defender, and there is a reason Charolotte drafted a point guard with their pick this year.


its hard to top out when youre on a terrible team. 7 dimes a game on one of the worst offensive teams isnt all that bad if you ask me. if felton had any scorers around him other than richardson, im sure he'd have better #'s. if anything nellies system would make felton's numbers baloon up and make him look better than maybe he really is. in other words, maximize is potential... :D

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:43 am
by Quazza
Id take him if he could be had reasonably cheap

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:00 am
by rebel
Yah Al for him, Al is exandable and we need a point guard

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 am
by migya
I've already voiced my opinion of Felton and he looks like a great fit and attainable cheap right now

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 am
by Thunder
I'd prefer Felton to Hinrich now that the offseason has been formally pissed away and we'll be mired in mediocrity for a few years.

I am wary of Felton's FG% though.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:41 pm
by Mr. Crackerz
Thunder wrote:I'd prefer Felton to Hinrich now that the offseason has been formally pissed away and we'll be mired in mediocrity for a few years.

I am wary of Felton's FG% though.


yeah thats my biggest concern of felton... though hinrich is the same way in regards to shot selection. I like Hinrich over felton, mainly because he, collison, gooden and later wayne simian got me liking college basketball over the NBA back earlier this decade, so i've been fans of them since they went pro.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:07 pm
by tallboy12321
ajcardenas123 wrote:
Thunder wrote:I'd prefer Felton to Hinrich now that the offseason has been formally pissed away and we'll be mired in mediocrity for a few years.

I am wary of Felton's FG% though.


yeah thats my biggest concern of felton... though hinrich is the same way in regards to shot selection. I like Hinrich over felton, mainly because he, collison, gooden and later wayne simian got me liking college basketball over the NBA back earlier this decade, so i've been fans of them since they went pro.


the only thing I don't really like about Hinrich is his phatty contract... it makes Felton seem more appealing

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:27 pm
by E-Man
tallboy12321 wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:
Thunder wrote:I'd prefer Felton to Hinrich now that the offseason has been formally pissed away and we'll be mired in mediocrity for a few years.

I am wary of Felton's FG% though.


yeah thats my biggest concern of felton... though hinrich is the same way in regards to shot selection. I like Hinrich over felton, mainly because he, collison, gooden and later wayne simian got me liking college basketball over the NBA back earlier this decade, so i've been fans of them since they went pro.


the only thing I don't really like about Hinrich is his phatty contract... it makes Felton seem more appealing


thats cuz felton is still on his rookie contract. hinrich has been in the league as long as lebron and wade and them. his contract is rather large, but it decends over the years to 8 million by the end of 2011/12...as opposed to harrington's (who we would trade) whose contract raises to a little over ten million to the end of 2009/10.

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:05 pm
by sleandres
ceddy wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:reasons?

I don't understnad ur man crush over baron but u don't like a young point guard that is a good scorer and dishes 7 assists. He dosn't chuck like baron and hes only 24 or 25


I particularly like either of them... so i dont know where you came from with that..

It seems like Felton has sort of topped out. He's not a very efficient point guard in the Charolotte offense, not a great defender, and there is a reason Charolotte drafted a point guard with their pick this year.


its hard to top out when youre on a terrible team. 7 dimes a game on one of the worst offensive teams isnt all that bad if you ask me. if felton had any scorers around him other than richardson, im sure he'd have better #'s. if anything nellies system would make felton's numbers baloon up and make him look better than maybe he really is. in other words, maximize is potential... :D


Great point ceddy, I like the idea of getting Felton. Give him this year to prove that he fits with the team, where as someone like Hinrich is contract for another 4 years. I am not so worried about the cash with Hinrich, just what if he is a bad fit, I think not just the money but the length of the contract are unappealing.