Warriors sign Maggette, Sixers sign Brand

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-cli ... 6268.story

Brand To sixers. Mag to Warriors.

Found this on a clippers board and honestly didn't read it out of excitement but I hope both things are true.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:22 pm
wow.

brand is kindof a deusche bag

All Star
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 pm
I could see Baron not signing the deal with the clippers now.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:25 pm
$10 million a year for an injury plagued ball hog who plays no defense and doesn't make anyone else on the team better?

Mullin sucks.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm
I LOVE that Brand is going to the Sixers! F the Clippers!

But the fact that we are using up most of our cap space on Maggette bothers me. I mean he is a good offensive player but that is ALL he does. But man the guy draws fouls like nobody's business so that will be awesome to see a guy go to the hole instead of just jacking up jumpers.

But the guy plays no D and has never been part of a winner.

I am dissapointed we did not go after Josh Smith
Last edited by bada on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I could see Baron not signing the deal with the clippers now.

Wait so with Baron was it just a Verbal Agreement? I honestly never heard if he had officially signed a contract but I certainly hope he did so he can suck with the rest of the Clippers.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:28 pm
bada wrote:I LOVE that Brand is going to the Sixers! F the Clippers!

But the fact that we are using up most of our cap space on Maggette bothers me. I mean he is a good offensive player but that is ALL he does. But man the guy draws fouls like nobody's business so that will be awesome to see a guy go to the hole instead of just jacking up jumpers.

But the guy plays no D and has never been part of a winner.

Yeah, to be honest I would have preferred us to go after Josh Smith. I think I am more excited at the fact that the Warriors made a move and it's not like Maggette is a bum or anything because he is far from it, but after thinking about it for awhile am not as excited as I was before. Not mad, just not super excited.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 pm
This is so stupid. Maggette has been injured his entire career. He doesn't play defense at all. He's a ball hog. And finally, he doesn't make anyone else better. What a waste of money. If this is true, I'm done with Mullin.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:31 pm
The Ws definitely overpaid for Maggette.

All Star
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:32 pm
Mullin sucks on this one!!! He should have given Smith the big contract to bring his skills here!!!

Starting Lineup
wow... wtf now brand says hes going to the sixers... man what the hell is going on haha... i dont even want maggette. how does that fix our problem at point? now to wait and see what baron does? go to the clips or join us for 2 yrs haha

Franchise Player
sounds like Clipps are going to go after Smith now

Role Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 pm
I'm beyond pissed off right now. We might as well have kept JRich. We were paying him less and he's just as good.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 pm
I am definately finding it hard to defend Mullin on this one.

Again, Maggette is not a bad player, but does not fit a NEED at all and we blew most of our cap space on him. I dont get it!

» Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 pm
Im bittersweet... i like magette, but i wouldnt want him with us. But hey, at least we got someone right. does that make, what 7 now.

I guess the high in LA is fading fast for the clipper fans