a realistic view of this up comming season....

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:38 pm
A realistic view of the season if we cant pickup a star free agent as it stands sorry to say but now that the clips are obviously better than us how it stands now i even see the kings passing us up :roll: with that said i see us being dead last in the pacific standings :roll: that really sucks because as a fan i feel like a little kid that got his ice cream taken away and waiting for my dad to buy me another one :( with that said mullin has to pull off getting a star in return of losing baron or else just like me theres gonna be alot of pissed fans that aint gonna be looking forward to watching games. with that said on the bright side you never know probably we will be the hornets of this upcomming season with our youngsters making names for themselves and surprising the nba and shocking the world wouldnt that be something? thats something not only i
but all of us been thinking for how many years and i am not looking forward to wanting to believe that we are contenders but we are not again
!!!! :banghead: so hopefully soon we all will see breaking news of the warriors signing our new star or stars and solid vets to help the dubs get back to the glory days i mean i think we all deserve it i dont know how many times i wanted to give up on this team but i just cant do it i love this team but it sucks to be a fan of this team you get what i'm saying? its kinda funny but its like when you love somebody and they keep ****ing up
and you still keep taking them back.... well thats how i feel and i think i'm speaking for the majority. with all that said i still am believing for some reason i will see a nba championship come back to the bay area.
Last edited by mista240sx on Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:41 pm
I think this post is a little premature, give it 3 weeks before it's worth getting worried about the regular season.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:45 pm
well thats just how i feel no matter what happens i'm still gonna be a fan its just how i feel for the last 19 seasons.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:07 pm
we have like 6 players under contract..... how POSSIBLY make a prediction on the season when we still have half the team to fill out???

» Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:19 pm
plus i still think our 6 players still would beat the clippers with Davis included.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:22 pm
Ok we lose one point guard and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league. Why is everyone already writing this year off. This is why we play the games because anything can happen. We can write the season off as soon as our elimination number is zero.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:38 pm
ajcardenas123 wrote:plus i still think our 6 players still would beat the clippers with Davis included.

you really think that? your smokin

watson
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins

davis
gordon
thornton
brand
kaman

i only see a advantage at sg the rest clearly goes to the clits.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:42 pm
rebel wrote:Ok we lose one point guard and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league. Why is everyone already writing this year off. This is why we play the games because anything can happen. We can write the season off as soon as our elimination number is zero.

i diddnt say the worst team in the league i just meant the pacific division.

with the roster the way it stands but if we get brand, smith or okefor with a soli pg and back up pg we still have a chance.

» Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 pm
mista240sx wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:plus i still think our 6 players still would beat the clippers with Davis included.

watson
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins

davis
gordon
thornton
brand
kaman

haha mista.. i was trying to display some fan spirit... OPTIMISM... plus ellis and biedrin are not included in the 6.

But assuming there signed, and who ever we get from free agency, big name or not, we will probably be better then the clips. C'mon dont be like the ESPN anaylsts who are predicting the clips to be great and top 4 in the west. Our warriors team last team will probably be better then this clipper team this year.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:18 pm
bada wrote:we have like 6 players under contract..... how POSSIBLY make a prediction on the season when we still have half the team to fill out???

Bada, you are point on, we have no idea how this will all shake out and it's premature to give up when everyone is 0-0.

Realistically the deck is stacked against the W's management because of current options on the table at this stage in the game. The offers thrown at Gil & Brand worry me because the moves look like Mullin didn't have anything in the works. Why would they react so quickly with such substantial amounts of cash if this wasn't true?

I don't think anyone feels we are in good shape for 08-09 but it could lead to a big deal for 09-10 (more & better free agent pool).

My biggest hope is for a trade or scenario that none of use can see at the current time, that make us competitive for this year and attack FA for a leader in 09. I will hold final judgment until September.

All Star
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm
Yeah... obviously landing Smith, Iggy, or Brand (uncertain) would change our success for next season... but I think our future looks bright. The reason Mullin didn't have anythin in the works is because I think Baron opted out so quickly and without warning. Hopefully, Mullin is past the kneejerk reaction stage.

All Star
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:54 pm
mista240sx wrote:

watson
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins

davis
gordon
thornton
brand
kaman

Watson ain't gonna start no matter what, he might not even be on the team

Rookie
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm
mista240sx wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:watson
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins

What if we moved Jackson back to the 2 position and let him help Monta in the back court? Jackson has awesome ball stealing skills and is probably our top defender. Start Wright at small forward with Al in the 4 and Beans at center. Line-up would be:

Ellis
Jackson
Wright
Harrington
Beidrins

Bench:
Buike
Marco
Watson
Pietrus?
Barnes?
POB?

Makes more sense than starting CJ to me. Of course, ideally I'd like to see some moves made to bolster the starting line-up.

Rookie
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 pm
J-Pinnacle wrote:
mista240sx wrote:
ajcardenas123 wrote:watson
ellis
jackson
wright
biedrins

What if we moved Jackson back to the 2 position and let him help Monta in the back court? Jackson has awesome ball stealing skills and is probably our top defender. Start Wright at small forward with Al in the 4 and Beans at center. Line-up would be:

Ellis
Jackson
Wright
Harrington
Beidrins

Bench:
Buike
Marco
Watson
Pietrus?
Barnes?
POB?

Makes more sense than starting CJ to me. Of course, ideally I'd like to see some moves made to bolster the starting line-up.

You cant make these type of assumptions that we will be the worst team in the pacific because our roster is not set yet at least wait until this happens then we can all assum how its going to look but we still have no clue as of yet whats going to happen.

All Star
» Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:56 pm

PG - Marco Bellinelli
SG - Stephen Jackson
SF - Al Harrington
PF - Brandan Wright
C - Adonal Foyle (no longer on the team, but still under contract)

that's who we have under contract. I think they'd have a tough time beating UNC.