Chronicle Reporting Warriors Offer Brand 5 years $85 million

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 am
But I have not really seen him play much is he as good as his numbers? And how sweet would that be if Baron got screwed in LA with a bunch of crappy teams. I was upset for a little bit about him leaving but honestly if that is the way he is then I am glad that punk is gone.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:43 am
Monta8 wrote:But I have not really seen him play much is he as good as his numbers? And how sweet would that be if Baron got screwed in LA with a bunch of crappy teams. I was upset for a little bit about him leaving but honestly if that is the way he is then I am glad that punk is gone.

When Brand was at the top of his game he was better than his numbers. He wasn't Duncan, but he played high percentage, dominate ball around the rim. He's a go-to guy who can score. He has bulk we haven't had in a very long time.

Basically, if he's healthy, we want this guy.

Role Player
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 am
StuckInSoCal wrote:
Monta8 wrote:But I have not really seen him play much is he as good as his numbers? And how sweet would that be if Baron got screwed in LA with a bunch of crappy teams. I was upset for a little bit about him leaving but honestly if that is the way he is then I am glad that punk is gone.

When Brand was at the top of his game he was better than his numbers. He wasn't Duncan, but he played high percentage, dominate ball around the rim. He's a go-to guy who can score. He has bulk we haven't had in a very long time.

Basically, if he's healthy, we want this guy.

Nice That would be sweet if we got him

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 am
Right now if the deal happens we lost a "shoot first" point guard that is a clutch player with a bad knee and gained an inside post presence with a repaired achilles. I would rather take a chance with the guy with the repaired achilles.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:54 am
I gotta say, I am impressed. The Ws are not rolling over on this. Couple the Brand offer w/their offering Gilbert Arenas $100 million for five years and I begin to think that they may be serious about competing in the arms race...Brand would be an awesome addition, though his game is not the kind that Nelson usually employs. I am sure that Nellie would be happy to adjust for a 25-10 guy.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 am
Its funny how the Warriors organization is finally getting "active" or I should say "reactive"

That's the problem, they have never, ever been "PRO-ACTIVE" That's why we've always lost out.

Now all of a sudden Mullin is talking to Monta Ellis and his agent..........
Brand is going to stay in LA, but I would LOVE to see him here on our team.

We need a powerhouse PF down low to bump and push, it would be nice.

If that doesn't happen we should go after David Lee or Okafor, another person to help body down low.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Good god...............dont danlge this infront of me please!!!................Ive wanted Brand for a long time (mostly with Baron but hey!)

This would be insane, as the whole reason the Clips can get Baron is with Brand taking less money (along with Maggette leaving as well)................a true test of how much Brand wants to win certainly, as he has a better chance with the Clips and Baron, than he does with us, sans Baron.

Madness...............compelete madness.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:09 pm
ESPN isn't reporting the story at all. Curious.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:13 pm
bigstrads wrote:Good god...............dont danlge this infront of me please!!!................Ive wanted Brand for a long time (mostly with Baron but hey!)

This would be insane, as the whole reason the Clips can get Baron is with Brand taking less money (along with Maggette leaving as well)................a true test of how much Brand wants to win certainly, as he has a better chance with the Clips and Baron, than he does with us, sans Baron.

not sure I agree the clips w/BD are more in contention than the Ws...Maggette is gone, so other than Kaman and a devastatingly injured Livingston, the Clips have a pretty threadbare roster. Brand would come to a Ws team with Monta, Andris and Sjax, plus whatever point guard we get for moving Harrington and one of the skinny beanpoles. You really think the Clips have much? BTW, an interesting twist if this goes down is that with BD there, maybe Shawn Livingston (if rehabbed) would be an interesting move. All that said, I do suspect that BD amd Brand cut a deal, but 25 million dollars could persuade Brand otherwise...I actually think Gilbert might be more likely, but whatever, it is clear the Ws have been stung and need to make a MAJOR move to justify the extortionate ticket prices, so I think we will see one...

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:14 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:ESPN isn't reporting the story at all. Curious.

LA Times is...

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm
bigstrads wrote:Good god...............dont danlge this infront of me please!!!................Ive wanted Brand for a long time (mostly with Baron but hey!)

IMO the clips will only be good for maybe 2 years because thats all i see baron giving them and IMO he will get distracted from basketball in LA with his movie career or whatever. I'd rather not sign no one and struggle for this year and let our young players develop then next year make some trades or via draft gets some more pieces that will make us good for years to come like the blazers. We will also have a new coach to hire that will have some young pieces already in place and hopefully he actually puts an emphasis on defense.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:25 pm
PCOak70 wrote:Its funny how the Warriors organization is finally getting "active" or I should say "reactive"

That's the problem, they have never, ever been "PRO-ACTIVE" That's why we've always lost out.

Actually. More than not, the Warriors have done absolutely nothing in the F/A market over the years. This is the most active I've seen them to be honest.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:32 pm
interesting

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:35 pm
ok thats great. but brand is going to stay. sucks.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm
It seems to me that, Baron went to a bad team just to play there, he does want to play there. So obviously if he said he was going to opt out, he might of been traded to a team thats not the clippers, he screwed us over It is no ones fault, but his, but with the cap space we should go after Elton Brand or Josh Smith. I don't see monta playing point his speed strength will be drastically dropped as pg. Monta playing point is a last resort.