Chronicle Reporting Warriors Offer Brand 5 years $85 million

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:48 am
Can Brand turn this down? The most the Clippers can offer is 5 years around $70 million.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1

I guess it depends how loyal Brand is to the Clippers.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 am
Holy ****!! that would throw a wrench into LA's and Baron's plan if he agreed to that. This is getting juicy if thats true

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 am
the plot thickens...

I dont think Brand is going to sign with us... not matter how much money we give him... He's going to play with Baron in L.A next season...

Warriors are meeting with Monta today... we got to lock him up.

Losing Monta would be devastating

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:55 am
tvaldivi wrote:Can Brand turn this down? The most the Clippers can offer is 5 years around $70 million.

I think he'll be back in clipper land playing with Baron.

However the Warriors are just in panic mode begging they can land a star to please our season ticket holders. It's really pathetic if you ask me.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 am
That's a very significant paycut to take by staying in L.A. He may have to ask himself where does he see himself being more successful.

Clippers with Aging Baron, Old Mobley, Thornton, Brand, Kaman

Warriors with Monta, S-Jax, Al, Brand, Biedrins, Wright, and co.

Tough call, I think W's is a bit better and he gets more money!!!!!

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 am
NightAngel wrote:
tvaldivi wrote:Can Brand turn this down? The most the Clippers can offer is 5 years around $70 million.

However the Warriors are just in panic mode begging they can land a star to please our season ticket holders. It's really pathetic if you ask me.

I like that our organization is going after the top players in the NBA... why settle for anything less?

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:04 am
Mr.KC wrote:
NightAngel wrote:

I like that our organization is going after the top players in the NBA... why settle for anything less?

I agree, I would much rather have a team that goes after the top players, offers some money. Instead of doing nothing with all the new cap space.

This is Anti-Mullin, he's usually not offering this much so fast, I think we can say he was shocked as well and is praying for a star.

But Brand would be awesome. I think there is a 40% we sign him cuz hes so tight with LA and the Clips got Baron for him. But......with our cap spaces we can offer up to 20 million more. Wow. Tough to turn down 20 million....wait baron just did that my bad...

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:06 am
I LOVE THIS IDEA.

How much pressure would this take off AB down low? How much would our scoring % go up with a guy like Brand? I'm chomping at the bit to get this done.

PG?
Monta
SJax
Brand
AB

Awesome.

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:11 am
What do you think it would take to get this done? Would you go upwards of $95 to $100 million? Would you rather have Brand over Arenas? I think I would rather have Brand, sure his achilles is worrisome, but that was a freak injury. He doesn't have the injury history of a Baron or Arenas.

Interesting part in the article says
"Brand, who had been close to re-signing with the Clippers, is expected to make a decision today."

This makes me think that Brand may be considering the Warriors offer. I still think it's less than a 50% chance that the Warriors land Brand, but its worht the shot.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:25 am
I don't think you can sign Arenas and keep Ellis. Neither are PGs and both are going to want the ball. Signing a role player PG who can distribute and signing Brand would improve the Warriors.

How much would it benefit Wright to play with Brand in practice every day? I don't know if the Warriors have a chance in hell of pulling this off, but if they do, I can't wait to see what happens.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:26 am
Oh yes this would be great, but let's not keep our hopes up right now.

Also... I would choose Brand all day over Arenas.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:29 am
damn... if this does happen, i dont think we can see ourselves playing small anymore... which is aright with me... i can care less

bring em in mully 8)

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:31 am
OH BOYEEE!!!

We're talking 3 million dollars a year difference....

85 mill over 5 years vs. 70 mill over 5 years Clippers offer.

Now we'll see where the loyalty falls.... c'mon Brand, follow the money!

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 am
Also what this does is scream of collusion if Elton leaves $20 million on the table with the Warriors. It's something that the Warriors can point at showing that they had a predetermined deal with Baron.

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:39 am
tvaldivi wrote:Also what this does is scream of collusion if Elton leaves $20 million on the table with the Warriors. It's something that the Warriors can point at showing that they had a predetermined deal with Baron.

Oh, dude, the speed of how this all went down screams collusion. Are you telling me that Baron opts out and pounds out a deal in less than 24 hours? I don't buy it.