Rebuilding Process Again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Role Player
Posts: 214
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:After 13 years, the Warriors finally put a playoff team together but decided to tear that team apart by trading Jason Richardson. After only 1 year of success and instead of building on that success, this team once again enters the rebuilding process with a roster full of young players. Its only a matter of time before the move Jackson and Harrington. Biedrins will become the new Adonal Foyle and once again, this team will be in turmoil. I heard on the radio that this was inevitable and that this organization needs to prepare themselves for life without Baron and thats just BS. You don't see the Lakers preparing for life without Kobe and both of them are 29 years old. So what to do now? If they were to rebuild, then they should do it right like Portland, who was the worst team 2 years ago, but can make the playoffs this year.

The Plan:

Lets tank the season and just start Ellis, Belinelli, Randolph, Wright, and Biedrins. Who cares if they're not ready. Its obvious that the organization doesn't care to win so why not throw these guys into the fire and see what they can do.

Lets get at least the #2 pick to select Demar DeRozan



You're exactly right. The Warriors are so dillusional about "the future' and "youth." Hello, we want to win NOW. Ellis is no where even close to being ready to lead this team and I honestly don't know if he will ever be. He just doesn't make good enough decisions with the ball. We just lost our franchise player and lost J Rich, our former franchise player, for jack shi-.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the east coast becaus you know their fans are wiser and their owners are more dedicated. They appreciate the players they have and aren't stupid with their management decisions. Honestly wtf are the Warriors thinking. We just lost Baron who was the leader and engine of our team who was clutch. Wtf. Stupid fekking retarded disloyal decision by the Warriors.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 am
You guys are absolutely right. Let's tank it. Forget the season. Let's start thinking about the future. Who cares about the fans? Obviously Mullin and Cohan are doing nothing to help this franchise out and they're not doing anything to make up for the loss of Baron. Forget this franchise. Forget the east coast! The Lakers are just down south! I think I'll become a fan of them. Heck, the Clippers look like they have a shot too. Or perhaps up north with the Blazers? Hell yeah! Forget this stupid, disloyal franchise. They don't give a twat about their fan base.



Are you freaking kidding me, fellas? You guys have lost it. We lost Baron. Yeah, sure... he's our best player since Spree or Webber, but he was freaking Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Exactly what do you people fancy in an injury prone, 29 year old point guard that has a few good years left in him? He FINALLY played a full season. He had his best season yet. He brought this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. But uh... exactly what else did he do? Do I see a second championship in the hanging from the ceiling? Do I see a Conference Finals title?

So what? He brought us great memories and a playoff run to remember. He didn't exactly bring us glory in the 05-06 season. Yeah, he had a crappy team, but Kobe had a pretty crappy team himself and at least he made the playoffs.

My point is, he's not Superman. Just because he's gone doesn't mean the sky is falling. Seriously fellas, chill. Life is too short to be mad every single day. If you want to change fan bases, do so. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of whiners. I can only imagine how you guys were during the Bimbo Coles/Donyell Marshall era.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:23 am
We made the playoffs with BD sitting out the 4th quarter with cramps and bad conditioning. He opted out because he wanted more money guaranteed. In his best season he led us to squat with his dismal FG and bad D. As for Fish ... he won the Utah series ... and brought stability to the Fakers so he wasn't a BC or Simmons type of signing. With or without BD playoffs became secondary to cap flexibility when we shipped JRich. If we don't want to develop a back court guy just pay the Sasha the Machine
7 Million because Buss is luxury tax antsy. Strategically with Dallas, Suns, Houston;SAS getting old quick ... it makes sense to move with a younger team and not rent a vet or resign players like BD to long term contracts who have no upside. Sure the major downside is no Jessica Alba ... but Nellie and Mullie get to show their true worth if Wright, Bellnelli, and Randolph can be developed to legit starters now as opposed some other teams roster. Let's ask B Scott how bad is it without BD ... gee they got even better as a team.

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 am
that is a good point.. They waited for a year after baron was traded and picked up chris paul in the draft (of which they are working out the contract for).. But that is attributed to good scouting partly and a bit of luck.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:43 am
tkono wrote:that is a good point.. They waited for a year after baron was traded and picked up chris paul in the draft (of which they are working out the contract for).. But that is attributed to good scouting partly and a bit of luck.


They basically traded Baron for Paul, Peja and Chandler, through being sh*t for a year and drafting Paul, and signing the other two as free agents with Barons money.

Hopefully we can do something similar and have a quick turn around.

Rookie
Posts: 177
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:01 am
Yeah, so it seems like the question is now, who is on the free agent market in 2009?

Slim pickens to fill our void for this year on the market.

The only other option is a huge trade.

Mullin's reputation is at stake over the next few months to make a monster trade and I have a feeling to make something happen for the now we will have to give up some of the potential we have, ala Wright/Biedrens/Randolph (I know people will think its ridiculous but the only option to be competitive now).

I'm a fan of the now, after a decade of futility "rebuilding". This isn't football with 22 players on both sides of the ball. A big trade with a few key people brought in Rasheed/Posey we may be back in the game.

My fear is Mullin can't/won't pull the trigger.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 407
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Baron, on the other hand, has won nothing in his life. Actually, scratch that, he got to the second round of the playoffs, once. :roll: Baron is hurt all the time and is never consistant in his play. So, really, you compare Baron to Kobe? :roll:


No way am I comparing those two as players, but for what they mean to their teams. No other team in the league is willing to part with their franchise player without a fight. The Warriors have already done it twice in the last two years with Richardson and Davis.

Role Player
Posts: 214
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:07 am
xbay wrote:
Are you freaking kidding me, fellas? You guys have lost it. We lost Baron. Yeah, sure... he's our best player since Spree or Webber, but he was freaking Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Exactly what do you people fancy in an injury prone, 29 year old point guard that has a few good years left in him?



Baron's age isn't an issue. What's wrong with him having a few good years left? Those are years we could be competitive rather than young and rebuilding. $13/yr aint all that bad, Mike Bibby gets paid more. Other players who are almost 29 or older--> Brand, Kobe, Ginobili, Marion, Odom, R. Hamilton, J. Terry, Artest. I guess they're washed up eh? Time to ship 'em off for a rebuilding process that'll take 3, 4, 5, 6, years or who knows how long. It took the Warriors 12.


xbay wrote:

He FINALLY played a full season. He had his best season yet. He brought this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. But uh... exactly what else did he do? Do I see a second championship in the hanging from the ceiling? Do I see a Conference Finals title?

So what? He brought us great memories and a playoff run to remember. He didn't exactly bring us glory in the 05-06 season. Yeah, he had a crappy team, but Kobe had a pretty crappy team himself and at least he made the playoffs.



Wow, talk about ungrateful. So what that he ended a pathetic decade+ long streak without making the playoffs? So what? You are the definition of the 'what have you done for me lately' type of fan. I don't need to make the Finals, I just want to be in the hunt consistantly. Just because a player doesn't deliver a championship within 3 yrs, you ship him out? All I'm saying is B Diddy should be the last person to be labeled as 'disloyal' (for opting out). The Warriors had their chance to lock him up, but they refused. If anyone is disloyal, it's the Warriors management. Baron made the Oracle ALIVE. Before he showed up, everyone was sitting on their hands. So we brought him in, he ended the playoff drought, we ship him off. Thank you for your services Mr. Davis, now be on your way. Kinda like how the Giants shipped Bonds out after he got the HR record. Baron could've stayed, but W's obviously are more concerned with signing boy wonder Monta Ellis.





xbay wrote:
My point is, he's not Superman. Just because he's gone doesn't mean the sky is falling. Seriously fellas, chill. Life is too short to be mad every single day. If you want to change fan bases, do so. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of whiners. I can only imagine how you guys were during the Bimbo Coles/Donyell Marshall era.





Which is exactly why we should've made signing our sole superstar the #1 priority, or risk the chance of returning to the likes of Bimbo and Vonteego, and not become a team of inexperienced youngins and mediocre players.

Role Player
Posts: 214
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:24 am
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I dont want to hear any of this 3 or 4 years from now bologna! We heard the exact same line for 13 freaking years! Now that the Warriors were built, its torn down again!? for what antother 12 years of "Just wait til we develop"?!

What kind of saps does Warriors ownership take us for? If they do not make a real concerted effort to replace Baron and start pulling the same ol' crap; it will be about time for us Warriors fans to boycott Cohans BS ways and send a message to his cheap ass.

You show me anyother fan base that increased every year for 7 years straight when their team was averaging 30 wins per? If we let this slide again, we are all suckers.


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1000% AGREE

MATT MILLEN ANYONE?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22188
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 am
GSW2006 wrote:
xbay wrote:
Are you freaking kidding me, fellas? You guys have lost it. We lost Baron. Yeah, sure... he's our best player since Spree or Webber, but he was freaking Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Exactly what do you people fancy in an injury prone, 29 year old point guard that has a few good years left in him?



Baron's age isn't an issue. What's wrong with him having a few good years left? Those are years we could be competitive rather than young and rebuilding. $13/yr aint all that bad, Mike Bibby gets paid more. Other players who are almost 29 or older--> Brand, Kobe, Ginobili, Marion, Odom, R. Hamilton, J. Terry, Artest. I guess they're washed up eh? Time to ship 'em off for a rebuilding process that'll take 3, 4, 5, 6, years or who knows how long. It took the Warriors 12.


xbay wrote:

He FINALLY played a full season. He had his best season yet. He brought this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. But uh... exactly what else did he do? Do I see a second championship in the hanging from the ceiling? Do I see a Conference Finals title?

So what? He brought us great memories and a playoff run to remember. He didn't exactly bring us glory in the 05-06 season. Yeah, he had a crappy team, but Kobe had a pretty crappy team himself and at least he made the playoffs.



Wow, talk about ungrateful. So what that he ended a pathetic decade+ long streak without making the playoffs? So what? You are the definition of the 'what have you done for me lately' type of fan. I don't need to make the Finals, I just want to be in the hunt consistantly. Just because a player doesn't deliver a championship within 3 yrs, you ship him out? All I'm saying is B Diddy should be the last person to be labeled as 'disloyal' (for opting out). The Warriors had their chance to lock him up, but they refused. If anyone is disloyal, it's the Warriors management. Baron made the Oracle ALIVE. Before he showed up, everyone was sitting on their hands. So we brought him in, he ended the playoff drought, we ship him off. Thank you for your services Mr. Davis, now be on your way. Kinda like how the Giants shipped Bonds out after he got the HR record. Baron could've stayed, but W's obviously are more concerned with signing boy wonder Monta Ellis.





xbay wrote:
My point is, he's not Superman. Just because he's gone doesn't mean the sky is falling. Seriously fellas, chill. Life is too short to be mad every single day. If you want to change fan bases, do so. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of whiners. I can only imagine how you guys were during the Bimbo Coles/Donyell Marshall era.





Which is exactly why we should've made signing our sole superstar the #1 priority, or risk the chance of returning to the likes of Bimbo and Vonteego, and not become a team of inexperienced youngins and mediocre players.




:D
Agree totally, except that Baron wasn't disloyal, think he somewhat was, should have waited a little longer, seemed to leave immediately

All Star
Posts: 2885
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:48 am
GSW2006 wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I dont want to hear any of this 3 or 4 years from now bologna! We heard the exact same line for 13 freaking years! Now that the Warriors were built, its torn down again!? for what antother 12 years of "Just wait til we develop"?!

What kind of saps does Warriors ownership take us for? If they do not make a real concerted effort to replace Baron and start pulling the same ol' crap; it will be about time for us Warriors fans to boycott Cohans BS ways and send a message to his cheap ass.

You show me anyother fan base that increased every year for 7 years straight when their team was averaging 30 wins per? If we let this slide again, we are all suckers.


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1000% AGREE

MATT MILLEN ANYONE?


It is Mullin's signature which is all over this mess. He let Baron Davis go for nothing.

Rookie
Posts: 177
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 am
uptempo wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:I dont want to hear any of this 3 or 4 years from now bologna! We heard the exact same line for 13 freaking years! Now that the Warriors were built, its torn down again!? for what antother 12 years of "Just wait til we develop"?!

What kind of saps does Warriors ownership take us for? If they do not make a real concerted effort to replace Baron and start pulling the same ol' crap; it will be about time for us Warriors fans to boycott Cohans BS ways and send a message to his cheap ass.

You show me anyother fan base that increased every year for 7 years straight when their team was averaging 30 wins per? If we let this slide again, we are all suckers.


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

1000% AGREE

MATT MILLEN ANYONE?


It is Mullin's signature which is all over this mess. He let Baron Davis go for nothing.


^ No doubt, the W's could of signed BD and gave him the comfort that he was going to be around like BD did to them and then traded him or kept him for awhile.

Mullie was willing to throw all kinds of cash at crap players (remember 42 million for Foyle???) but is going to play hardball with the LEADER of the team and expect Baron is dumb enough to do what the W's tell him to.

BD isn't stupid he did what any of you guys would do with your job. Would you ever indicate to you employer that you were going to leave up to the point that you have a signed contract with the new employer that is paying you more long term?
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 918
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:05 am
xbay wrote:You guys are absolutely right. Let's tank it. Forget the season. Let's start thinking about the future. Who cares about the fans? Obviously Mullin and Cohan are doing nothing to help this franchise out and they're not doing anything to make up for the loss of Baron. Forget this franchise. Forget the east coast! The Lakers are just down south! I think I'll become a fan of them. Heck, the Clippers look like they have a shot too. Or perhaps up north with the Blazers? Hell yeah! Forget this stupid, disloyal franchise. They don't give a twat about their fan base.



Are you freaking kidding me, fellas? You guys have lost it. We lost Baron. Yeah, sure... he's our best player since Spree or Webber, but he was freaking Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Exactly what do you people [/b]fancy in an injury prone, 29 year old point guard that has a few good years left in him? He FINALLY played a full season. He had his best season yet. He brought this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. But uh... exactly what else did he do? Do I see a second championship in the hanging from the ceiling? Do I see a Conference Finals title?

So what? He brought us great memories and a playoff run to remember. He didn't exactly bring us glory in the 05-06 season. Yeah, he had a crappy team, but Kobe had a pretty crappy team himself and at least he made the playoffs.

My point is, he's not Superman. Just because he's gone doesn't mean the sky is falling. Seriously fellas, chill. Life is too short to be mad every single day. If you want to change fan bases, do so. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of whiners. I can only imagine how you guys were during the Bimbo Coles/Donyell Marshall era.
I agree with you on everything except the bolded part.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:06 am
if you look at the content rebel, he is saying that Baron WASN"T Jordan.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:53 pm
GSW2006 wrote:
xbay wrote:
Are you freaking kidding me, fellas? You guys have lost it. We lost Baron. Yeah, sure... he's our best player since Spree or Webber, but he was freaking Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. Exactly what do you people fancy in an injury prone, 29 year old point guard that has a few good years left in him?



Baron's age isn't an issue. What's wrong with him having a few good years left? Those are years we could be competitive rather than young and rebuilding. $13/yr aint all that bad, Mike Bibby gets paid more. Other players who are almost 29 or older--> Brand, Kobe, Ginobili, Marion, Odom, R. Hamilton, J. Terry, Artest. I guess they're washed up eh? Time to ship 'em off for a rebuilding process that'll take 3, 4, 5, 6, years or who knows how long. It took the Warriors 12.


The point is Mullin didn't want around 2 good years from him. If he's going to give him 5 years, big money... he expects him to perform all 5 years. If he isn't, he wants to use the money on other things.

Baron didn't want 13 mil. He wanted 15, 16 mil. Huge difference even though you may say there's only a 2-3 mil difference.

And don't even bring in Kobe in here. He's the best player on the planet right now. He only needs one good player behind him like Odom and Phil Jackson coaching, and the Lakers are automatically a playoff team. The WHOLE Spurs team is old, so Ginobili fits well with them. I can go on with the rest of the list.


GSW2006 wrote:
xbay wrote:

He FINALLY played a full season. He had his best season yet. He brought this team to the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. But uh... exactly what else did he do? Do I see a second championship in the hanging from the ceiling? Do I see a Conference Finals title?

So what? He brought us great memories and a playoff run to remember. He didn't exactly bring us glory in the 05-06 season. Yeah, he had a crappy team, but Kobe had a pretty crappy team himself and at least he made the playoffs.



Wow, talk about ungrateful. So what that he ended a pathetic decade+ long streak without making the playoffs? So what? You are the definition of the 'what have you done for me lately' type of fan. I don't need to make the Finals, I just want to be in the hunt consistantly. Just because a player doesn't deliver a championship within 3 yrs, you ship him out? All I'm saying is B Diddy should be the last person to be labeled as 'disloyal' (for opting out). The Warriors had their chance to lock him up, but they refused. If anyone is disloyal, it's the Warriors management. Baron made the Oracle ALIVE. Before he showed up, everyone was sitting on their hands. So we brought him in, he ended the playoff drought, we ship him off. Thank you for your services Mr. Davis, now be on your way. Kinda like how the Giants shipped Bonds out after he got the HR record. Baron could've stayed, but W's obviously are more concerned with signing boy wonder Monta Ellis.



We brought him in, he only brought us playoffs ONCE. The first year didn't count because he came in during the trade line. The second year, he got injured and the expectations for playoffs were gone. The third year, he got injured at times, made the playoffs in the most memorable runs ever. His fourth and final season, he played his best ball, but didn't make the playoffs. Yeah, the conference was tough, but still... we didn't win games that we should have won which cost us.

Baron did change the face when he came. But if it wasn't for the deal to acquire Harrington and Jackson, we would've never made the playoffs.


GSW2006 wrote:
xbay wrote:
My point is, he's not Superman. Just because he's gone doesn't mean the sky is falling. Seriously fellas, chill. Life is too short to be mad every single day. If you want to change fan bases, do so. Last thing I want to see is a bunch of whiners. I can only imagine how you guys were during the Bimbo Coles/Donyell Marshall era.



Which is exactly why we should've made signing our sole superstar the #1 priority, or risk the chance of returning to the likes of Bimbo and Vonteego, and not become a team of inexperienced youngins and mediocre players.



You should know by now why we didn't bring Baron back. Stop attacking Mullin and the front office for not bringing him back. Would you rather have 2 good years, 3 mediocre/decent ones? Or would you rather have the cap space for other needs in the future?

The way I see it, some of us want it now because of the playoff drought. Others, don't mind waiting. Why do I mind waiting? Because I'm a patient guy and I'm not going to demand everything NOW. I can wait. Obviously, you can't which is understandable. Since you don't like what the front office is doing, then you minus well move on fan bases because Mullin ain't gonna change anything.

Baron's gone, it's over, he's never coming back. It's the past, this is the present, here comes the future.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests