Rebuilding Process Again?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:16 am
After 13 years, the Warriors finally put a playoff team together but decided to tear that team apart by trading Jason Richardson. After only 1 year of success and instead of building on that success, this team once again enters the rebuilding process with a roster full of young players. Its only a matter of time before the move Jackson and Harrington. Biedrins will become the new Adonal Foyle and once again, this team will be in turmoil. I heard on the radio that this was inevitable and that this organization needs to prepare themselves for life without Baron and thats just BS. You don't see the Lakers preparing for life without Kobe and both of them are 29 years old. So what to do now? If they were to rebuild, then they should do it right like Portland, who was the worst team 2 years ago, but can make the playoffs this year.

The Plan:

Lets tank the season and just start Ellis, Belinelli, Randolph, Wright, and Biedrins. Who cares if they're not ready. Its obvious that the organization doesn't care to win so why not throw these guys into the fire and see what they can do.

Lets get at least the #2 pick to select Demar DeRozan

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:23 am
BayAreaHoopz wrote:You don't see the Lakers preparing for life without Kobe and both of them are 29 years old.

I am not touching the rest of this but I will fault this statement. You are really comparing Baron to Kobe? Kobe is a winner and the best player of today. He will be an easy Hall of Famer, and will set all kinds of records. Kobe has never had a bad injury. He comes out everyday and plays. Also, the rings on his finger dont lie.

Baron, on the other hand, has won nothing in his life. Actually, scratch that, he got to the second round of the playoffs, once. :roll: Baron is hurt all the time and is never consistant in his play. So, really, you compare Baron to Kobe? :roll:

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:19 pm
Yes, Baron has been our best player for like two years. He is good enough to lead us to a 9th place finish ... but he is not a max player. As for rebuilding, the Celtics had the worst team and won the championship the next year ... its not baseball that takes a little bit longer to rebuild a team around a young nucleus. When older players (Duncan, Shaq, Nash, Bowen) get slower and wore down ... is our group of Randolph, Ellis, Beans and Wright better than the role players surrounding the Spurs, Houston, Mavs and Suns ... time will only tell. Only a fool would of not see this coming. What does BD do with his time in the offseason? Does he work on his jump shot, his conditioning, his low post moves, or does make a documentary and hang out with Jessica Alba? Its his choice, but I don't have to be his fan. Don't panic, replacing players that score a lot but shoot a low and lower shot percentage with players like Biedrins and Ellis and Wright (60, 53, 55) is not the end of the world. Like any other team, our defense is a lot better when the ball goes in, and we can force the other team to score in the half court which does not happen when BD, and Jack take their low percentage shot. NBA playoffs is not rocket science ... did the team that score the most or the team with the best field goal D win the NBA championships .... hmm that's a tough one. That would be the team with 41.9% opponent FG % and won games by a margin of 10 points per.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:48 pm
alright... time to bring this thread to life. Now that Baron had verbally agreed to sign with the clippers, it is obvious that we are in the rebuilding stage. I think the next thing to do is to be the Grizzlies of the west. Pretty much give up Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson for expirers. Give tons of minutes to Brandan, Marco, Anthony, and Biedrins and hope that they pan out.

I'm shocked that Baron is gone. He did put us in a pretty bad situation. I wonder if we would've still drafted Randolph if we knew he was gonna opt out. Maybe trade up to get Westbrook, Augestin, or Bayless? or maybe trade for some young talent and gotten Chalmers? I dont know.

In the end, i still can't wait til the season starts. I miss my Warriors basketball.

Im gonna drink my sorrows away tonight...
:drinking: :crybaby: :drinking: :crybaby: :drinking:

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:04 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
BayAreaHoopz wrote:You don't see the Lakers preparing for life without Kobe and both of them are 29 years old.

I am not touching the rest of this but I will fault this statement. You are really comparing Baron to Kobe? Kobe is a winner and the best player of today. He will be an easy Hall of Famer, and will set all kinds of records. Kobe has never had a bad injury. He comes out everyday and plays. Also, the rings on his finger dont lie.

Baron, on the other hand, has won nothing in his life. Actually, scratch that, he got to the second round of the playoffs, once. :roll: Baron is hurt all the time and is never consistant in his play. So, really, you compare Baron to Kobe? :roll:

^^ i find your baron vs kobe comparison comical

kobe has 3 rings because he had the best center to ever play aside him ,backd with quality veterens with rings

what did kobe do this year in the finals? nothing ,which to me shows that he is a superstar but not yet a GREAT player..probably never will be...yes kobe shows signs of greatness,but its not consistent....

you put baron on the lakers with shaq and see if baron doesnt become that SUPERSTAR and we'll see if he wouldnt be considered one of the nba greats of today....you cant compare barons succes with kobes

baron has never played with another susperstr by his side ...so i dont know where your getting at....your telling me barons mvp like season is nothing compared to kobes? please

look at all the games baron won for gs this year...better yet ,look at all the times baron had to put gs on his back to even come back and win games...

you put baron alongside any other big man superstar in this league,and he'll be considered the top pg in this league,hands down....you speak on baron as if hes some sort of bum or something. f.uck off :roll:

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 pm
HARDAWAY_IVERSON_BARON wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

kobe has 3 rings because he had the best center to ever play aside him ,backd with quality veterens with rings

what did kobe do this year in the finals? nothing ,which to me shows that he is a superstar but not yet a GREAT player..probably never will be...yes kobe shows signs of greatness,but its not consistent....

you put baron on the lakers with shaq and see if baron doesnt become that SUPERSTAR and we'll see if he wouldnt be considered one of the nba greats of today....you cant compare barons succes with kobes

baron has never played with another susperstr by his side ...so i dont know where your getting at....your telling me barons mvp like season is nothing compared to kobes? please

look at all the games baron won for gs this year...better yet ,look at all the times baron had to put gs on his back to even come back and win games...

you put baron alongside any other big man superstar in this league,and he'll be considered the top pg in this league,hands down....you speak on baron as if hes some sort of bum or something. f.uck off :roll:

i know wut your saying... but chill out dude... we had a lot of fights as of late, and we certainly dont need another.

as for your post, it does make sense. i wonder what he's gonna do with the clippers now that he has brand. i've been thinkin about it a little, and i can't believe he turned down 18 mil. and then i thought maybe he's opting out because he NEEDS that long term contract. he finished with 82 games for only the 3rd time in his career, and it might've been his last. he needed that long term security probably because his knees might not be able to take it anymore....

well.. at least it was the only thing i can come up with.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:18 pm
8th ave wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

i. i've been thinkin about it a little, and i can't believe he turned down 18 mil. and then i thought maybe he's opting out because he NEEDS that long term contract. he finished with 82 games for only the 3rd time in his career, and it might've been his last. he needed that long term security probably because his knees might not be able to take it anymore....

well.. at least it was the only thing i can come up with.

^^ i feel you,and i was thinking that too ,but i was also thinking how gs probably didnt wanna give him that long term cus he was probably asking for that 50-60 mill extension,which i think is the standard money for a superstar player nowadays....gilbert missed practically the whole year and he might get 100 mill? come on now...gs is just cheap..they wanted to give him that 1 year and see what he does next year with gs ,then just let him go...barons just looking out for his future investment,but at the same time,i feel he really wanted to play for gs...if he didnt,i dont think he would have played his a.ss off like he did this year.....if we had a quality back up pg this year,baron wouldnt have had to play 38 mpg this year in all 82 games...he could have given us about 28-32 and probably would shed some strain off his knees...nah but we had CJ WATSON and whats his face from the timberwolves instead :roll: ..its g's fault....come on man...no one knows what went on behind the scenes,but look how the year ended against phoenix also

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 pm
maybe its not too late... we can still pry augusten or westbrook from seattle or charlotte... we have 2 bargaining chips... stephen and al

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 pm
8th ave wrote:alright... time to bring this thread to life. Now that Baron had verbally agreed to sign with the clippers, it is obvious that we are in the rebuilding stage. I think the next thing to do is to be the Grizzlies of the west. Pretty much give up Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson for expirers. Give tons of minutes to Brandan, Marco, Anthony, and Biedrins and hope that they pan out.

I'm shocked that Baron is gone. He did put us in a pretty bad situation. I wonder if we would've still drafted Randolph if we knew he was gonna opt out. Maybe trade up to get Westbrook, Augestin, or Bayless? or maybe trade for some young talent and gotten Chalmers? I dont know.

In the end, i still can't wait til the season starts. I miss my Warriors basketball.

Im gonna drink my sorrows away tonight...
:drinking: :crybaby: :drinking: :crybaby: :drinking:

Me and my brother were kicking around the idea of whether or not a team would take Jackson, even with a year of good attitude (for the most part) but I agree that we need to come to a decision either dump jackson and harrington and start completely fresh or hang on to one the other or both and see what happens this year with maybe one big free agent, Arenas, josh Smith, andre iguodala or someone else.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 pm
im just gonna say this to say it...

kobe didnt win those rings...SHAQ won those rings.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm
8th ave wrote:maybe its not too late... we can still pry augusten or westbrook from seattle or charlotte... we have 2 bargaining chips... stephen and al

:| You think that getting rid of Al AND S-Jax would HELP us? I'm all for dropping the former if an opportunity presents itself, but even though Jack faltered somewhat towards the end of the season, I think it would be foolish to get rid of him -- especially for a rookie such as Augustin. I would *consider* packaging him and Al, but only if we could get a stud PG out of it (I honestly wouldn't mind Rose; I'm really high on him... I know that sort of makes me a hypocrite but whatever) -AND- more good out of it (e.g. a legitimate inside presence).

But getting rid of Al and S-Jax for Augustin or Westbrook would be a complete joke, regardless of whatever else we'd get out of the deal.

Regardless of who deserves the most credit for those L.A championships, Kobe is a better NBA player than Baron Davis and is arguably one of the best ever. Baron is great, but Kobe is on another level entirely.
Last edited by D4rk 0ne on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm

But your big superstar is gone, yet Kobe still near singlehandedly took his team to the finals. Baron cant say that. All Baron can say is that he took his team to the playoffs.... once.... in eight years. You can talk all about the amount of games Baron won for the team. Yeah, if you want to have a selective memory, go ahead. Steven Jackson and Baron Davis have both lost many more games than they have won. The sooner you get your head out of their asses the sooner you can realize that though they are good players, they cannot, and will not win anything. And you will reailze that they will be losers anywhere they go. Feel free to say all you want about Baron, just realize that they guy has won nothing, very similar to Nelson.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:10 pm
Stephen Jackson for Jerry Stackhouse straight up. They're almost making identical money.

Why we would do it : because Jerry's contract is up next year
Why Dallas would it : they get younger and... uhh... better?

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14 pm
8th ave wrote:Stephen Jackson for Jerry Stackhouse straight up. They're almost making identical money.

As much as I would like to say pull the trigger, I cant. We need to keep some sort of veteran talent here. If it is Jack, fine. If it is Al, fine. Somebody needs to stay and I would prefer it to be Jack. I would love to see them start selling off their players though. Get some serious young talent up and down this team. That is how championships are made.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:17 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
8th ave wrote:Stephen Jackson for Jerry Stackhouse straight up. They're almost making identical money.

As much as I would like to say pull the trigger, I cant. We need to keep some sort of veteran talent here. If it is Jack, fine. If it is Al, fine. Somebody needs to stay and I would prefer it to be Jack. I would love to see them start selling off their players though. Get some serious young talent up and down this team. That is how championships are made.

but stackhouse is an epitome of a veteran... i'd love to have marco be under his wing... way more than jackson atleast.

i use the term "epitome of a veteran" loosely... lol