BDiddy opts out!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:19 pm
bada wrote:Baron Davis Update:

Code: Select all
In his first public statement on his unexpected foray into free agency, Baron Davis acknowledged Tuesday that he is considering a free-agent move to his hometown Los Angeles Clippers but insisted that his preference remains staying with the Golden State Warriors.

Communicating with ESPN.com's J.A. Adande via e-mail, Davis wrote: "Clipps r possible. G State is where I wanna b."

Davis surprised the Warriors on Monday by forfeiting next season's $17.8 million salary for the right to become an unrestricted free agent, after numerous indications from the Davis camp that he was not likely to opt out.

But Davis' statement Tuesday suggests that he is hoping his decision to opt out will convince the Warriors to return to the negotiating table after making little progress with Golden State in pursuit of a contract extension before NBA free agency commenced at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

Thanks Bada.............glad to hear the man say that.............I f*cking swear, management better not do this to us.

Also, Bada............why didnt you create a new thread for this???..........your weird............ :wink:

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:29 pm
You guys all wish that we didn't trade J-Rich now?

I'm really sorry to bring this up again, but we would have made the playoffs last season and would not be as shaken up now, as Baron opts out, if we still had J-Rich... We would have enough money to have J-Rich, Monta, Jackson, Harrington, and Beans for sure next season, which is way better than without Baron & J-Rich. Who knows though... Baron might still resign.

Sorry to be wining... I know most of you will say to get over it, but I just had to say it cuz I'm still not over it... let alone the Jamison trade too.

I hold grudges... as you all can now tell. :evil:

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 pm
bada wrote:Baron Davis Update:

Code: Select all
In his first public statement on his unexpected foray into free agency, Baron Davis acknowledged Tuesday that he is considering a free-agent move to his hometown Los Angeles Clippers but insisted that his preference remains staying with the Golden State Warriors.

Communicating with ESPN.com's J.A. Adande via e-mail, Davis wrote: "Clipps r possible. G State is where I wanna b."

Davis surprised the Warriors on Monday by forfeiting next season's $17.8 million salary for the right to become an unrestricted free agent, after numerous indications from the Davis camp that he was not likely to opt out.

But Davis' statement Tuesday suggests that he is hoping his decision to opt out will convince the Warriors to return to the negotiating table after making little progress with Golden State in pursuit of a contract extension before NBA free agency commenced at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.

oh my god thank you!! thats great news!!! gilbert is already about to sign the big ass 121 million contract

we were trying to get at him we have to sign baron use big money!!

baron definitely checked mate the warriors it was a big scare

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:39 pm
If he wants to go back to the clips, why not sign and trade for Elton Brand? Or will that not work?

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Good to hear Baron still wants to stay. I hope the Warriors front office guys realize how much he means to not only this team, but to us fans. Please, please re-sign Baron!

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:37 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:You guys all wish that we didn't trade J-Rich now?

I'm really sorry to bring this up again, but we would have made the playoffs last season and would not be as shaken up now, as Baron opts out, if we still had J-Rich... We would have enough money to have J-Rich, Monta, Jackson, Harrington, and Beans for sure next season, which is way better than without Baron & J-Rich. Who knows though... Baron might still resign.

Sorry to be wining... I know most of you will say to get over it, but I just had to say it cuz I'm still not over it... let alone the Jamison trade too.

I hold grudges... as you all can now tell. :evil:

yup cuz jason richardsons 21 points 44% shooting is better than Monta's 20 points 53% shooting. And having a starting lineup of baron mota richardson jackson and beans would have dominated the west right? Please Monta is better than Richardson and getting Wright is helping us for the future.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:59 pm
After reading more and more on this story I'm convinced this whole thing is MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING. Baron should have told the Warriors in advance that he was opting out to avoid this whole media ordeal. He pretty much has to resign with GSW, whether that's a sign-and-trade or just a FA signing.

Although... I was thought the same thing about Webber opting out.

Role Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 pm
Baron is my favorite player on the Dubbs but when it comes down to it. im a Warriors fan not a Baron Davis fan.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:02 pm
yeah..we have no information right now..
i was shocked too. imagine seeing that the last thing before sleeping @_@ (actually im sure that happened to a lot of people lol)
why not wait a few more days then let the war begin ^^. let everyone settle down and think clearly

baron davis brought change, so who is to say someone else cant? (of course yeah if that fails and we go into another recession..)

man and i go to UC Davis and was gonna buy a Davis jersey..lol good thing i didnt have money at the time ^^.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:30 pm
Jesus...........thank god you guys are starting to calm down and realise that we know nothing and probably nothing is going to happen!

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:42 pm
I'm not sure what to think - once something DOES happen then I'll know. Nothing is set in stone yet........

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:36 pm
I cannot understand why the media is saying Davis will go to the Clips, instead of Brand might actually come to GS. The way I see it, we have as good a chance as the Clips to end up with BOTH players!

Our cap situation is only ~$2-3M less than the Clips, but we are still able to offer Davis and Brand $10-11M first year salary each, in contracts in the ~$75M range.

So the question is, which team has a better shot at the championship?

Davis -> Watson
Ellis -> Belinelli / Azubuike
Jackson -> Randolph
Brand -> Wright
Biedrins -> Harrington

OR

Davis -> <???>
Mobley -> Eric Gordon
Al Thorton -> <???>
Brand -> DeAndre Jordan
Kaman -> Tim Thomas -> Brevin Knight

Analysis
PG: Wash because it'll be Davis + some bench warmer
SG: Ellis is light years ahead of Mobley and Gordon and he is backed up by a solid player in Azubuike and Belinelli has potential vs an old Cat Mobley + a rookie... even if Gordon shocks everyone, they are still just even. Edge = GS by far
SF: Jackson + Randolph vs Al Thorton + some bench warmer... edge = GS by a bit
PF: Brandon Wright vs DeAndre Jordan... Wright has more experience and is a better player. Edge = GS by a bit
C: Kaman + Tim Thomas vs Biedrins + Al Harrington... Biedrins beated Kaman when they matched up last year. Granted, Biedrins had something to prove because he wanted more money than Kaman. But with Brand and Davis, Biedrins will be the more useful player because he doesn't demand the ball and is a better garbage point/rebound guy. Edge = at worst a wash biased to GS (well this is a GS forum).

Team Chemistry & Experience = Beated Dallas in 1st round in 06-07 and 48 wins in 07-08 vs Clippers missing playoffs since 06 and only 23 wins for Christ's sake last year.

What I want to say is, before I go crazy:

a) I think the outcome is either the Clips or the Warriors will get BOTH Brand and Davis; and

b) If Brand and Davis choose the Clips instead of us because of movies and $1-2M yearly salary more on top of a ~$75M contract. I don't want them on our team either, because that types of characters are not going to win championships anyway. Why pay so much if not for a shot at the trophy.

c) oh and if Davis gets us to sign him for like $15M+ per year for 4-5 years, so that the Clips couldn't get him + we cannot get another impact player to play along side Davis, I think we are just back to square one of what we already know about Davis - not a champion.

d) so it comes down to these 2 guys' real committment in winnnig it all (vs just saying it) and the willingness to spend $$$ by the respecitve teams' owners.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:40 pm
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... 8838.story

Looks like it's over. Marc Stein also reported that the deal is agreed upon on principle.

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:34 pm
alrite so i guess now we can panic?

Rookie
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:42 pm
Masurakyris wrote:alrite so i guess now we can panic?

Panic??? with that I crap my pants. This is BAD, no wonder none of the Clips reps were taking it as a surprise. Baron just pulled one the most sly deals in NBA history and hoodwinked the W's management and made them look like chumps.

I may get hate for this but how unattached to your LEADER can you be.

Nellie, Mullie, and Cohan better pull a rabbit out of their arse or they are right back to the losing slogan of "rebuilding"

My heart sank reading that damn article. :dontknow: