Official RFA, UFA, Trades, etc. Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:09 am
i got one al harrington and mikeal 2010 1st round pick to toronto for kapono and parker.

this will give us depth and size at both sg and sf then sign duhon and elson

davis/duhon/watson
ellis/parker/marco
jackson/kapono/randolph
wright/hendrix/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic

All Star
» Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:27 am
mista240sx wrote:i got one al harrington and mikeal 2010 1st round pick to toronto for kapono and parker.

davis/duhon/watson
ellis/parker/marco
jackson/kapono/randolph
wright/hendrix/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic

never give 1st pick for trade...u never know what u will get in the future...

All Star
» Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:31 pm
mista240sx wrote:i got one al harrington and mikeal 2010 1st round pick to toronto for kapono and parker.

davis/duhon/watson
ellis/parker/marco
jackson/kapono/randolph
wright/hendrix/croshere
biedrins/elson/perovic

no way toronto gives away parker. their team is damn near set. all they need is a backup point guard. they already have harrington in bargnani and parker is far better than pietrus. kapono is a kyle korver - three pt shooter and nothing else.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 pm
Didn't brand opt out of his contract too?

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm
UPDATES around the NBA:

1) The Celtics are making re-signing James Posey a top priority, if not their number one priority.

2) David Lee could possibly on his way out according to D'Antoni.

3) The Bobcats extended qualifying offers to Okafor and Hollins.

4) Calderon and the Raptors have reportedly reached an agreement, but details were disclosed.

5) Spaniard point guard, Rudy Fernandez signed with the Blazers. He was their draft pick last year.

6) Chris Paul and the Hornets are close to getting an contract extension done.

7) Jamison will return to the Wizards which signals a return from Arenas who said he'd only return if Jamison returned.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 pm
xbay wrote:2) David Lee could possibly on his way out according to D'Antoni.

Really, I'd love to have Lee...for the right price.

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 pm
how about david lee for pietrus.

i dont really like lee. i mean he's a hustle guy and grabs boards...avg a double double...but is nowhere near a defensive presence. he's croshere with more energy and without range. i wouldnt mind him here. but i wouldnt get excited over it.

Franchise Player
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 pm
E-Man wrote:how about david lee for pietrus.

i dont really like lee. i mean he's a hustle guy and grabs boards...avg a double double...but is nowhere near a defensive presence. he's croshere with more energy and without range. i wouldnt mind him here. but i wouldnt get excited over it.

That bold sounds like Pietrus. :mrgreen:

I wouldnt mind this trade, though. Another young guy with energy, the types of players we need. Right now, though, we should be focusing on locking down some young guards. Maybe a good young point. That is what every team is looking for, though. Whatever. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
E-Man wrote:how about david lee for pietrus.

That bold sounds like Pietrus. :mrgreen:

I wouldnt mind this trade, though. Another young guy with energy, the types of players we need. Right now, though, we should be focusing on locking down some young guards. Maybe a good young point. That is what every team is looking for, though. Whatever. :mrgreen:

You can compare Pietrus' almost 4 rebounds to Lee's 8 something?

All Star
» Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:43 pm
bigstrads wrote:
bada wrote:very valid discussion bigs. I can understand your frustration. And who knows what potential moves could be coming. We still have the TE for a couple more days and then FA starts. Hopefully we are not done yet.

I could care less if this is Nellie's last season as it relates to winning now. We cant let the fact that is it Nelson's last year dictate draft picks that help shape the future of the franchise. I think we gotta come to grips with the fact that we are not built to win. At least a championship. We have made the playoffs once in the last 13 years or whatever it is. Dont let the one playoff appearance cloud the fact that we are still a middle of the road team. There is a reason Nellie has NEVER won or even taken a team to the Finals. His complete disregard to playing fundamental defense will always prevent this team from making a serious run.

What Nellie does great is he takes mediocre talent and gets them to overachieve with quirky styles that during the regular season can give teams trouble because they cant prepare for it. We got lucky last year in that Dallas was the PERFECT opponent for us. What Nellie does not do well, is take a GOOD teams and achieve GREAT things with them.

Randolph has a chance to be a great player. A guy his length with handles and a face up game are so rare. The potential there is amazing. Just as easily he could flame out. Only time will tell

Yeah, your right, and I agree with all of it..........I suppose I just wanted us to try and take advantage of this good group we have NOW! instead of waiting 3-4 years when Baron/S-Jax are winding down there careers.

Also, Im not and have never expected a championship team......Im a realist fan, I dont expect that at all...........I just dont want to return to be mired in the bottom quater of the west again.

My angle was more of "using what we have, while we have it".........I cant see why Nellie would want to spend his last season struggling and developing guys he isnt going to be here to see prosper..........and Baron and S-Jax arent getting any younger.

So In my mind, we should have made a push to utilise Nellie's style and uniqueness and the players like Baron and S-Jax whilst they are in there prime.

Don't know why you think Nelson picked Randolph. This pick is clearly not for this season.

Franchise Player
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am
More news around the NBA:

* Spurs will be offering a contract to Corey Maggette. It is expected that they will offer him their full mid-level exception worth approx. 5.8 mill

* Celtics has also offered a contract to Maggette as well as Posey. They only have their mid-level exception available so unless anything changes, they would only be able to acquire one or the other.

* Gerald Green signed a one year deal with the Mavs

* Rockets offered their bi-annual exception to Brent Barry

* Pietrus has been contacted by 8 teams

All Star
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:58 am
bada wrote:More news around the NBA:

* Spurs will be offering a contract to Corey Maggette. It is expected that they will offer him their full mid-level exception worth approx. 5.8 mill

* Celtics has also offered a contract to Maggette as well as Posey. They only have their mid-level exception available so unless anything changes, they would only be able to acquire one or the other.

* Gerald Green signed a one year deal with the Mavs

* Rockets offered their bi-annual exception to Brent Barry

* Pietrus has been contacted by 8 teams

Spurs are going to be a tough team with Maggette... thats exactly who they needed, an athletic swing forward who can attack the rim.

im not surprised Pietrus is getting a good amount of attention around the league...

Rookie
» Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:32 pm
I'm still all for bringing Posey in.

Franchise Player
» Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:48 pm
Knicks sign Duhon to 2 year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473845

Franchise Player
» Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:25 am
bada wrote:Knicks sign Duhon to 2 year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473845

Good, now we dont have too. :)