Anthony Randolph Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:25 pm
Thought we should have a dedicated thread for our 1st round draft pick.

Seems like most people here dont like the pick. I for one think it is a pretty decent pick. His simalarities to B Wright make it not a need but he was the best talent on the board for sure.

I think he is a bit different than Wright as well. He is more skilled offensively and can handle the ball really well for his size and face people up. He certainly will need to get stronger but we have another athletic big. We will find ways to make that work.

Watch this highlight package on yahoo. YOu can see he brings something to the table other than B Wright.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/prospects?rank_type=3

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 pm
I will re-post this.

I will re-post this here.

Found this on Randolph:

Anthony Randolph, Future 6th Man

College: LSU

Class: Freshman

Position: SF/PF

Height: 6’10”

Weight: 205lbs

Accolades: Honorable Mention All-Freshman Team – CHN (0, All-SEC Honorable Mention – AP (0, SEC All-Freshman Team (0, Fourth Team Parade All-American – high school (07).

Scouting Report: A long, lean highly skilled forward

Strengths: Wingspan – uses long limbs to his benefit on offense and defense. Great at blocking and altering shots. Very quick/athletic for his height. Competitive spirit. Quick face up post moves. Good leaping ability. Good shooting touch for a player his size. Fast feet on defense. Good ballhandler for an almost 7-footer. Capable of playing out on the wing or in the post. Lots of potential. Good rebounder – had nine double-digit rebounding games his freshman year. Good at slashing and getting to the hoop. Gets to the free throw line a decent amount of times.

Weaknesses: Very thin – will get abused in the post in the NBA. Very inexperienced. Turnover prone – averaged three turnovers a game. Can he guard NBA post players? Will need to improve his three-point touch if he is to play the wing in the NBA. Played mostly power forward in college.

Projected 2008 Draft Range: Top 10 to Lottery Pick

Consensus: Anthony Randolph is the ultimate “potential” pick – he’s not ready for the NBA yet, but his package of skills and length make him real attractive to potential suitors. He could end up being a star, but on the flip side, his game and body needs enough work that he also could turn out to be a bust.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 pm
I do like the pick... we picked the best player that was available... I myself didnt think randolph would drop to us. But now its like what do you do with a front court of wright and randolph... then of course biedrins.... as i said in another post it would be nice to see the warriors get donte green or darrell arthur... i mean i know we wont have most of our other players back such as barnes pietrus azu watson and so on

All Star
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm
Last edited by KC on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 pm
don't know much about him. im thinking their gonna move him somtime tonite

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:don't know much about him. im thinking their gonna move him somtime tonite

I will say what I said earlier:

I cannot imagine them keeping him. Nellie is almost done and he needs a player that can make an impact now, and, by no means, will this guy do this. I would like to see them deal him for an impact player. I hope it gets done.

Mr. KC, I will put those directly on here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KRal8WSTU&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8HrnRk8jpY&feature=related[/youtube]
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 pm

All Star
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:46 pm
Watch his youtube highlights!!! He has Chris Bosh written all over him!!! I'm buying my season tickets next year!!!
Last edited by J-Rich on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:48 pm
I laughed when I saw how skinny he was and when he said that he won't ride the bench all season... we all know if he does stay, he won't play until like 2010.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:49 pm
do you think we will trade wright then... no way we can have both wright and randolph unless we start one of them over harrington and then have each other back up each other

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm
J-Rich wrote:Watch his youtube highlights!!! He has Chris Bosh written all over him!!! I'm buying me season tickets next year!!!

Yeah, because Nellie loves the skinny forwards that weigh about 190 pounds. This pick is a joke. :banghead:

Starting Lineup
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm
cant believe arthur's still there.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:53 pm
Randolph is going to be traded...............doesnt make any sense at all, when Nellie admitted that he didnt give Wright enough chances but excused it because of his weight and weakness..............and Randolph is lighter and softer than Brandan was/is.............ergo = Nellie will not play this kid, its his last season and he wants to win, and this is no improvement at all.

HES 196 POUNDS!!!

There better be a f*cking move, otherwise we might as well start discussing next years lottery.

All Star
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:54 pm
You guys are mad because we didn't get the typical PF Spreight or someone like Ajinca!!! Spreight has a bad attitude and would have been Nellie's whipping boy!!! Reminds me alot like Diogu from his interview!!!

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:55 pm
David wrote:http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/v3/dallas/woodrowwilson/stories/062508dnsporandolph_hs.37469e3d.html

Dammit, that is discouraging. It sounds like Nelson wants to keep him. :banghead: