2009 NBA Champs... GSW???

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed May 14, 2008 6:32 pm
I am EXTREMELY dissapointed in the fans that dont believe or have hope.

Im sorry but i gotta call you haters as to Why are we rooting for the Warriors? To Win... We want them to win... if WE are gonna BELIEVE then we need to root for them and support them 110%

My Point, is IF we are gonna wear those WE BELIEVE shirts, then dammit lets really believe that we can do it... dont just jump on the bandwagon when times are good... and I KNOW none of us here are bandwagon fans... we ARE real GSW fans!!!

GO GSW in 2009

Franchise Player
» Wed May 14, 2008 7:02 pm
There is a line that is drawn between fanhood and realism. Sure, as a fan, I would love to see the Warriors win next year. However, as a realist, this will not happen next year, and, until change is made on the way that they run their team, wont happen. Gotta be realistic.

All Star
» Wed May 14, 2008 8:37 pm
unless we get this guy, but i believe David stern will banned him for playing in NBA..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYHknxgsNw[/youtube]

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Wed May 14, 2008 11:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:There is a line that is drawn between fanhood and realism. Sure, as a fan, I would love to see the Warriors win next year. However, as a realist, this will not happen next year, and, until change is made on the way that they run their team, wont happen. Gotta be realistic.

Agreed... you are totally right.... but damn man..... its just a feeling that I got we are gonna tear it up next year.

The type of West run there was this year will not exist next year which enables us to get better seeding.

My thing is this, if NO had this great run, why not us....

Franchise Player
» Thu May 15, 2008 3:41 am
RaiderMark wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:There is a line that is drawn between fanhood and realism. Sure, as a fan, I would love to see the Warriors win next year. However, as a realist, this will not happen next year, and, until change is made on the way that they run their team, wont happen. Gotta be realistic.

Agreed... you are totally right.... but damn man..... its just a feeling that I got we are gonna tear it up next year.

The type of West run there was this year will not exist next year which enables us to get better seeding.

My thing is this, if NO had this great run, why not us....

1 - Because we dont have a go to low post scorer, who has a plethora of moves and rebounds well, like David West.

2 - Because as much as we love Beans and he does well for us, in our system...............he isnt Tyson Chandler.

3 - Because we dont have anyone right now that can explode, in terms of improvement in the areas we need, and lead this team like Chris Paul did this year.

4 - Because we dont have a dead eye shooter like Peja.

5 - Because we dont have a bench that includes guys like Bonzi Wells, Pargo, Mike James, Melvin Ely, Julian Wright.

And those are just coming from a talent pool perspective..............let alone coaching and structure to there offense and defense.

As Sf said, dont be calling us haters and questioning why we support our team, simply for being real and knowing what it actually takes to win titles and go on the kind of runs that teams like NO did..............weve had this discussion many times, and its always the blind optimists vs the realists............and if you look at those two words, which one sounds more "realistic"

For me specifically, my "realism" and not jumping the gun or getting too over excited, comes from following this team from day one of my basketball interest, and having 3 winning seasons (including this year) and 2 playoff appearances in 16 years..........they beat me into submission. :wink:

Granted, if our response was "Ahh, this team is crap, we arnt going anywhere, blah blah blah" like the REAL haters and bandwagoners on this site do, then youd have a point.

GSW United wrote:unless we get this guy, but i believe David stern will banned him for playing in NBA..

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdYHknxgsNw[/youtube]

Please................please tell me that isnt a real movie???..............ohh god. :shock:

Starting Lineup
» Thu May 15, 2008 4:55 am
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Yeah, they are one player away from winning it all. He's a rookie from the planet Krypton and he doesn't have a number on his jersey, just a big "S".

Hey Reg!!!...........I found who you were talking about!!!...............man, Im so excited, I think we can get him with the 14th Pick!!!...........as long as he "flies" under the scouting radar abit :wink:

(Quick little creation of my own, with not much time and bother. :mrgreen: )

Nelly probably wouldn't play him neither LOL :) :) :)

Nelson wouldn't play him...he's passed on to the next plane.

Franchise Player
» Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 am
David wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:Yeah, they are one player away from winning it all. He's a rookie from the planet Krypton and he doesn't have a number on his jersey, just a big "S".

Hey Reg!!!...........I found who you were talking about!!!...............man, Im so excited, I think we can get him with the 14th Pick!!!...........as long as he "flies" under the scouting radar abit :wink:

(Quick little creation of my own, with not much time and bother. :mrgreen: )

Nelly probably wouldn't play him neither LOL :) :) :)

Nelson wouldn't play him...he's passed on to the next plane.

Yup, he has..................the plane that takes him over to Phoenix, and them selecting him with the 15th pick after "Mr S" was deemed to not have the right qualities for our ball club. :wink:

All Star
» Thu May 15, 2008 8:21 am
COMMISIONER: With th 14th pick the Golden state Warriors select______
Dunleavy out of the Duke University. (I'm sure there is another Dunleavy somewhere). :) The press released that the Warriors left Mr. S. on the board because he is to raw and not developed enough to play right now according to Coach Nelson. :)

Rookie
» Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 pm
well... damn... im gonna hope for the best.

I am not gonna come on here and call you haters, not my intentions... we are all fans and will continue to root for our team. Lets just hope for the best.

Make some solid hopefully and see what happens.

All Star
» Fri May 16, 2008 9:04 am
Yup, he has..................the plane that takes him over to Phoenix, and them selecting him with the 15th pick after "Mr S" was deemed to not have the right qualities for our ball club.

yeah, but you know they'd sell the draft pick

Franchise Player
» Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Yup, he has..................the plane that takes him over to Phoenix, and them selecting him with the 15th pick after "Mr S" was deemed to not have the right qualities for our ball club.

yeah, but you know they'd sell the draft pick

I think Phoenix are done with that stupid trend now................if there smart!................as Nash, Shaq and Hill are gonna need zimmerframes soon.................even Amare has changed his game after the injuries hes had, hes trying to be jump shooter now. :shock:

All Star
» Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Anything can happen in the NBA. We would need at least 2-3 very strong players, some other teams would have to get weaker, and we'd need some good old fashioned luck.
It's way too early to predict. Let's get past draft day first.

I'd say it's a fairly sound prediction that if all goes well with contract negotiations and draft day, we will make the playoffs next year.

All Star
» Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 pm
How bout LA Lakers 2007-08 champs and 2008-09 champs as well!!! Just keeping it real!!! I love the W's but they are nowhere near the Jazz or on the Lakers level...

I hate the Lakers but seeing a lineup with Bynum, Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Fisher or Farmar is about as close as a All-Star lineup you can get....

Franchise Player
» Sat May 17, 2008 12:40 am
J-Rich wrote:How bout LA Lakers 2007-08 champs and 2008-09 champs as well!!! Just keeping it real!!! I love the W's but they are nowhere near the Jazz or on the Lakers level...

I hate the Lakers but seeing a lineup with Bynum, Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Fisher or Farmar is about as close as a All-Star lineup you can get....

As much as I hate admitting it, the Fakers most likely will finish as the team on top. This team is set for the next 5 years. If Farmar can add defense and passing to his resume, their starting 5 will be, hands down, the best in the NBA.

I can only hope the Hornets win game 7 against the Spurs and then beat the Lakers to move on to the NBA Finals. C'mon Chris and co... do this for New Orleans!

All Star
» Sat May 17, 2008 6:55 am
**** that Grizzlies GM for giving Gasol away to the Lakers!!!!