Go Memphis!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:01 am
cladden wrote:I was being sarcastic too. Btw. Memphis has gone 7 and 8 the last 15. It's not quite time to give up yet. Almost but not quite.

Including a thrilling victory in L.A. against the Lakers.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:04 am
We should always be looking to upgrade. this team has no current all-stars. Monta could be in the future. Baron has played his best ball. Jackson is Jackson. If we look at the other teams in our conference you will see superstars and all-stars all around us. I don't think we can stand pat and really expect us to make the play-offs when the other teams in the conference are constantly inproving. this is the point that Gary Radnich constantly points out on his how on KNBR. I don't want to just make the playoffs as the 8th seed. I want a team that can really compete for a championship. that should always be the goal.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:10 am
The Coooach wrote:We should always be looking to upgrade. this team has no current all-stars. Monta could be in the future. Baron has played his best ball. Jackson is Jackson. If we look at the other teams in our conference you will see superstars and all-stars all around us. I don't think we can stand pat and really expect us to make the play-offs when the other teams in the conference are constantly inproving. this is the point that Gary Radnich constantly points out on his how on KNBR. I don't want to just make the playoffs as the 8th seed. I want a team that can really compete for a championship. that should always be the goal.

Amen!

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:16 am
amen, except for the (all-star) argument, team wins the games, not names. look at denver all-star squad, barely making playoffs. look at new orleans coming out of nowhere (that is to say that monta and biedrins and wright may do very well next season with some veteran (mental) leadership. hell, even belgrad partizan has beaten panathinaikos in euroleague with all their all-stars.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:52 am
martin wrote:amen, except for the (all-star) argument, team wins the games, not names. look at denver all-star squad, barely making playoffs. look at new orleans coming out of nowhere (that is to say that monta and biedrins and wright may do very well next season with some veteran (mental) leadership. hell, even belgrad partizan has beaten panathinaikos in euroleague with all their all-stars.

New Orleans. Chris Paul and David West are all-stars on the rise. Tyson Chandler is a dominat rebounder and defender. Also, a high percentage shooter (dunks only). How many teams have won in the recent NBA without superstars and all-stars.

No knock on Jackson, but if he is the 2nd best player on your team you simply have less talent than most playoff teams. If you look at the other playoff teams in our confeence, what team could Stephen Jackson actually be a starter and play major minutes?

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:01 am
The Coooach wrote:
martin wrote:amen, except for the (all-star) argument, team wins the games, not names. look at denver all-star squad, barely making playoffs. look at new orleans coming out of nowhere (that is to say that monta and biedrins and wright may do very well next season with some veteran (mental) leadership. hell, even belgrad partizan has beaten panathinaikos in euroleague with all their all-stars.

New Orleans. Chris Paul and David West are all-stars on the rise. Tyson Chandler is a dominat rebounder and defender. Also, a high percentage shooter (dunks only). How many teams have won in the recent NBA without superstars and all-stars.

No knock on Jackson, but if he is the 2nd best player on your team you simply have less talent than most playoff teams. If you look at the other playoff teams in our confeence, what team could Stephen Jackson actually be a starter and play major minutes?

baron was an all-star this season, he got snubbed for many political issues, monta is an all-star on the rise. biedrins is getting better. wright might come to surprise a lot of us next season. jackson is like fuel for the warriors.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am
martin wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

baron was an all-star this season, he got snubbed for many political issues, monta is an all-star on the rise. biedrins is getting better. wright might come to surprise a lot of us next season. jackson is like fuel for the warriors.

I agree about the Baron snub. However, Baron was snubbed because all the top teams in the west has a Baron or equivalent. It's the next to steps down where the Warriors have problems in matching up with talent. look at the nuber 2 guy on each of the teams ahead of the Warriors.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am
The Coooach wrote:If you look at the other playoff teams in our confeence, what team could Stephen Jackson actually be a starter and play major minutes?

He'd start for... eh, let me check... everybody except maybe Sacramento, Houston (maybe, because I'd certainly start him above Battier) and San Antonio. Any other team in the west he'd start at either SF or SG.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 am
TMC wrote:
The Coooach wrote:If you look at the other playoff teams in our confeence, what team could Stephen Jackson actually be a starter and play major minutes?

He'd start for... eh, let me check... everybody except maybe Sacramento, Houston (maybe, because I'd certainly start him above Battier) and San Antonio. Any other team in the west he'd start at either SF or SG.

TMC, I cordially disagree with you and heres why. First Jackson can not start at shooting guard, he's just to long and not quick enough. So that puts him at small forward. Lakers at full strenght? No, you have Odom. Denver at full strength? No. Mello. San Antonio, no Bowen (been there, remember). Houston? Maybe. Utah, no Kirelenko. Phoenix, no, Grant Hill.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am
The Coooach wrote:
martin wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

I agree about the Baron snub. However, Baron was snubbed because all the top teams in the west has a Baron or equivalent. It's the next to steps down where the Warriors have problems in matching up with talent. look at the nuber 2 guy on each of the teams ahead of the Warriors.

monta ellis

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:24 am
The Coooach wrote:
martin wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

monta ellis is the second option, making warriors one of, if not the best backcourt team in the nba.
Last edited by martin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:24 am
The Coooach wrote:I agree about the Baron snub. However, Baron was snubbed because all the top teams in the west has a Baron or equivalent. It's the next to steps down where the Warriors have problems in matching up with talent. look at the nuber 2 guy on each of the teams ahead of the Warriors.

baron got snubbed because brandon roy's gotta clean poster-boy image and baron's gotta rep as a trouble-maker. west made the team because the fricken game was in NO and was the obvious sentimental pick.

neither were baron's equivalent this season, if you're indeed referring to playing ability...

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:25 am
aletha33 wrote:
The Coooach wrote:I agree about the Baron snub. However, Baron was snubbed because all the top teams in the west has a Baron or equivalent. It's the next to steps down where the Warriors have problems in matching up with talent. look at the nuber 2 guy on each of the teams ahead of the Warriors.

baron got snubbed because brandon roy's gotta clean poster-boy image and baron's gotta rep as a trouble-maker. west made the team because the fricken game was in NO and was the obvious sentimental pick.

neither were baron's equivalent this season, if you're indeed referring to playing ability...

true

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:35 am
The Coooach wrote:TMC, I cordially disagree with you and heres why. First Jackson can not start at shooting guard, he's just to long and not quick enough. So that puts him at small forward.

He's played at SG before, three full seasons for Indiana, with Artest playing at SF.

The Coooach wrote:Lakers at full strenght? No, you have Odom. Denver at full strength? No. Mello. San Antonio, no Bowen (been there, remember). Houston? Maybe. Utah, no Kirelenko. Phoenix, no, Grant Hill.

I did forget about LA with Bynum back. I'll give you that one, added to the others I did mention.

But I'm sure he would start for George Karl (probably moving AI to PG, with Jackson at SG and Melo at SF) and definitely would start for Phoenix above Grant Hill. Hill is having a decent season, but he's not the player he once was. I'd pick Jackson above this Hill without any kind of doubt.

All Star
» Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:33 am
The fat lady hasn't sung yet folks... But she is waiting backstage... Lets keep her there at least until after the Nuggets/Grizzlies game.