Baron Is One of Six Guys on MVP T-Shirt List

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:38 am
Not that this means much..............but I thought it was slightly interesting that they seem to have made 6 t-shirts to support the MVP candidates.............and Baron is one of them!!??

http://store.nba.com/family/index.jsp?c ... Id=3077467

Does anyone actually think that Baron will get some MVP love/votes?

I mean, even him getting voted 6 behind the rest, who are = LeBron, Kobe, KG, Nash and Paul.............is still quite an accomplishment.

Maybe I missed something where there were other t-shirts made for the rest of the league.............but I just thought it was worthy of being pointed out.
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:53 am
bigstrads wrote:Does anyone actually think that Baron will get some MVP love/votes?

I mean, even him getting voted 6 behind the rest, who are = LeBron, Kobe, KG, Nash and Paul.............is still quite an accomplishment.

No. And I doubt Nash will, either. I'm sure the other 4 will get votes and the winner will come from between Kobe, Lebron and KG.

If I had to bet for a winner, I'd do it for KG, even tho I don't think he deserves it over the other two.

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:02 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Does anyone actually think that Baron will get some MVP love/votes?

No. And I doubt Nash will, either. I'm sure the other 4 will get votes and the winner will come from between Kobe, Lebron and KG.

If I had to bet for a winner, I'd do it for KG, even tho I don't think he deserves it over the other two.

Of course.............I just thought it was kind of weird actually, surprise maybe, that Baron was in this "list"

I just read some interesting articles about why Kobe will and will not win MVP =

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

Scoop Jackson (douche bag) wrote the first one and makes some decent points............I never realised that in 04-05, PJ Brown got more votes than Kobe!!! :shock:

And the second one makes some points about the sentimentality of it all...........and how it simply is Kobe's year by default.

I must say, Im leaning towards the second article more than Scoop's............the MVP, as with most awards of this nature, are more about the politics of the thing, than who actually deserves it year by year...............I mean, Dirk last year and Nash's second MVP = TOTAL JOKE!!!

I still think they should wait until atleast!!! half way through the second round of the playoffs to decide/vote/give out...........giving it to Dirk last year, for me, giving the circumstances of his and his teams meltdown...........was the worst award in NBA history.

Also..............Im kind of sitting here, trying to think of someone else who should be in that 6th place behind those guys............and I cant think of anyone other than Baron that has stood out as much (maybe just me being biased! :wink: )

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 am
bigstrads wrote:I still think they should wait until atleast!!! half way through the second round of the playoffs to decide/vote/give out...........giving it to Dirk last year, for me, giving the circumstances of his and his teams meltdown...........was the worst award in NBA history.

Not really. It's a regular season MVP award... What I don't get is why this award is more important than the playoffs one. That's the one that should matter, not what you did during the regular season.

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I still think they should wait until atleast!!! half way through the second round of the playoffs to decide/vote/give out...........giving it to Dirk last year, for me, giving the circumstances of his and his teams meltdown...........was the worst award in NBA history.

Not really. It's a regular season MVP award... What I don't get is why this award is more important than the playoffs one. That's the one that should matter, not what you did during the regular season.

But the regular season MVP is bull then, as what kind of MVP are you if you cant even get your team deep in the playoffs.

I think it should be that the "Season's MVP" based on the regular season and the first 3 rounds of the playoffs............given out some time during the conference finals. That way, you get the true MOST VALUABLE PLAYER as he was able to do it all season and then lead his team deep into the playoffs.

And then you have the "Finals MVP" which is solely based on performances in the Finals games. (didnt it used to be like that? ie: the Finals/Playoff MVP isnt based on the whole playoffs, its just the Finals? what memo did I miss?? :mrgreen: )

Hall of Famer
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:03 am
bigstrads wrote:(didnt it used to be like that? ie: the Finals/Playoff MVP isnt based on the whole playoffs, its just the Finals? what memo did I miss?? :mrgreen: )

You're right, there's no playoffs MVP, just one for the finals (unless there's a recent one I'm also missing).

In any case, most of the problem is the hype the MVP award gets. It's just a regular season MPV, it's always been like that... but for some reason, it receives more consideration than the finals award. It's true that it's harder to get because you're competing against the whole league and for 82 games, not a 7 games series, but still... it means nothing when it comes to real success.

It also happens in the NFL, and probably in other leagues, too. Guess that's just the way it is. In any case, it's a bit overrated.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 am
Rated 6th for the league MVP, but didn't make the All-Star Team!?

WTF is up with the NBA!?

All Star
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 am
This is probably just because the NBA knows Warriors fans would actually buy a Baron for MVP shirt, even though he has a chance. IMO, it'll be Chris Paul if the Hornets finish first in the West.

All Star
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:42 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Rated 6th for the league MVP, but didn't make the All-Star Team!?

WTF is up with the NBA!?

i blame it byron scotts bitch ass.. niggaz dont even kno who tha **** david west is lol... only reason he made it was cuz he from new orleans

All Star
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:54 am
speakonitgod wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Rated 6th for the league MVP, but didn't make the All-Star Team!?

WTF is up with the NBA!?

i blame it byron scotts bitch ass.. niggaz dont even kno who tha **** david west is lol... only reason he made it was cuz he from new orleans

no doubt no doubt...

but that still doesn't explain why roy made it over baron...

ok i'll GIVE that to west, being in NO and all... but no excuse for roy...

whatever... still can't believe that happened....

All Star
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 am
aletha33 wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:

WTF is up with the NBA!?

no doubt no doubt...

OH YEA of course how could i forget about brandon roy who dont even have better stats then baron....ugh

Starting Lineup
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:49 pm
I heard the other day (on KNBR I think) that someone had surveyed about half of the guys who vote for MVP, and of that group, it was close but it came down to Kobe and Chris Paul with Kobe winning it. Only one person out of this group (of about 50 people who responded to the survey) said he would vote for Lebron, and only a handful said they would vote for Garnett.

But that was as of this past weekend, and many voters supposedly will be swayed by the final standings. What I keep hearing is that if Paul can keep the Hornets in first place in the West, he is likely to win. Otherwise, it will be Kobe.

On the tshirt and Baron being on it, that is pretty strange. I would tend to agree that somebody figured that Warriors fans would buy a lot of the tshirts!

All Star
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:

WTF is up with the NBA!?

no doubt no doubt...

OH YEA of course how could i forget about brandon roy who dont even have better stats then baron....ugh

:oops: not to mention, look what happend to Brandon Roy's team (as most of us predicted) :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
» Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 pm
sleandres wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:

WTF is up with the NBA!?

no doubt no doubt...

:oops: not to mention, look what happend to Brandon Roy's team (as most of us predicted) :mrgreen:

Shame we didnt get the Houston one right! :mrgreen: (dont think anyone did though) ..........would have been one extra playoff spot for us if we were. :(