The Official Trade Al Harrington Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:10 pm
JOEL wrote:not sure cus i didnt have anything to add ?
i did send off your check :)

Oh I get it, were agreeing. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:27 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I just traded harrington and pietrus plus a 1st rounder for tj ford and bargani in 2k8 :mrgreen: Slowly starting the rebuilding process.

why? we have enough guards and bargiani will not play in the post.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm
sleandres wrote:
JOEL wrote:not sure cus i didnt have anything to add ?
i did send off your check :)

Oh I get it, were agreeing. :mrgreen:

When someone quotes you like that without saying anything it usually means they are 100% co-signing your post.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm
Double post
Last edited by jimbob631 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm
saintdee wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:I just traded harrington and pietrus plus a 1st rounder for tj ford and bargani in 2k8 :mrgreen: Slowly starting the rebuilding process.

why? we have enough guards and bargiani will not play in the post.

Right after I did that I traded stephen jackson a first rounder and beli for josh smith and then i traded baron davis and brandan wright for emeka okafor sean may and adam morrison.

Now my team is

Ford-some 2nd rounder
Monta-Azubuike
Smith-Morrison
Oakafor-Bargani
Beans-may

Athletic team that can run the fast break but not a great 3 point shooting team.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:07 pm
TMC wrote:For the money he makes and his contributions on the court, I'm totally open to trades. As long as we get somebody that can help is in return, of course.

I would apply this philosophy to everyone and anyone in the organization, especially the front office people (Mullin), the coach (Nelson), as well as every player on the roster.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:10 pm
EMan32 wrote:lakers fans dont want odom. how bout harrington for odom ::lol:

That's a great trade for us. Odom has been huge for the Lakers lately but they could see Harrington as a better fit as they have Kobe and Gasol to pass out to Harrington for threes.

Harrington is decent but only has a handful of real good games in a season here. As other players are resigned for pretty big money, Harrington will have to go, even if for a future 1st rounder or expirer

Hall of Famer
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:16 am
migya wrote:

That's a great trade for us. Odom has been huge for the Lakers lately but they could see Harrington as a better fit as they have Kobe and Gasol to pass out to Harrington for threes.

Harrington is decent but only has a handful of real good games in a season here. As other players are resigned for pretty big money, Harrington will have to go, even if for a future 1st rounder or expirer

Problem is, I'm sure the Lakers staff do not think like those retarded fans do...

All Star
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:30 am
I didn't even realize Al made that much dough.

All Star
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:49 am
Al is not the problem; the way that Nelson uses him by having him stand around around the three point arc to spot up for the three point shot.

Al came into camp in great shape and ready to play on the block and give the Warriors some inside presence; however, it is Nelson's offensive schemes which do not utilize any inside game which has caused Al's decline in production.

All Star
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:46 am
thats such a lie... the inside presence doesn't try to take charges.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:26 am
The subject says it all - get him outta here!

All Star
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:55 pm
migya wrote:

odom is an expirer. after next season he will be a FA. only thing is harrington's contract wouldnt match it alone. odom costs way too much at 13.5 mill next season. al is only (speaking relatively) at about 9 mill next season. so if anything we'd probably have to send one or two more of our guys along with him. or maybe some draft picks. if trading for odom would jeopardize our re-signing/extending baron, monta, and biedrins though i wouldnt even look twice at the deal.

All Star
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:46 pm
I think that Harrington is not a very good player, but at the same time he isn't in the Adonal Foyle, Dunleavy (prior to his sudden metamorphosis into an allstar), etc realm of "we must dump him at all costs." If we get a good offer for Al, we take it.

Role Player
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:18 pm
i say trade harrington in the draft for a first mid to late 1st rnd pick and try to get nickolas batum from france then try and get with our original pick get tyler smith then with the 2nd rnd pick pick up jamont gordon.

davis
jackson
ellis
biedrins
wirght
belinelli
batum
t smith
j gordon
freeagent and so on....

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profile ... batum.html

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profile ... smith.html