The Official Trade Al Harrington Thread

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 pm
This thread is for people to discuss/debate whether or not Al Harrington should be traded. I personally think we should get rid of him to give Brandan Wright more playing time. Harrington is a good 3 point shooter, but he never seems to show up when we need him the most. He doesn't even make up for it on defense. It sucks because Al was always one of my favorite Dubs. I love his attitude and I truly believe he wants his team to win. He just can't produce.

coltraning wrote:he is really anti-clutch

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:32 pm
No S-Jax sucks!!! He has not shown up in the last couple of games!!! He can't drive and when he can't hit the 3...It messes up his whole game!!! Where is his defense that is his known for???

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:38 pm
J-Rich wrote:No S-Jax sucks!!! He has not shown up in the last couple of games!!! He can't drive and when he can't hit the 3...It messes up his whole game!!! Where is his defense that is his known for???

Even if Jax has a bad game we can at least count on him to pull through IN THE CLUTCH. We can't even count on Harrington to perform in the FIRST QUARTER. I'd rather have a shakey Jax who can produce in the time of need then a bum who just stands there and does nothing for the team.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:48 pm
Harrington makes too much and doesn't produce enough. If he took a significant payup then I'd keep him but he makes like 8 million a year... for that price we better get some production.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:13 pm
For the money he makes and his contributions on the court, I'm totally open to trades. As long as we get somebody that can help is in return, of course.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:00 pm
I've advocate trading his ass for a long time. He's a Warrior in that he does play with blood and guts but unfortunately very little active intelligence. Doesn't make plays, stupid fouls, too much adrenaline for clutch situations. Etc. I think next year, he's making 10 million.
Stax has turned absolutely morose. Last year I thought that guy could keep his spirit up over anything. We depended on him too much. We don't need 20 points a game from him, as much as we need him defensively to be on his game with occasional clutch 3point shooting I don't think we could get fair value for him in a trade and I wouldn't want to anyway.
A month ago Baron looked rundown, but it seemed maybe Baron was just conserving himself just in case the Warriors needed a great effort in the final quarter. Now he's just plain out of gas.
The loss of JR's fire power made too many marginal wins that in the end, just wore us out. To contend for 50 wins is nothing to sneeze at.It was the most exciting basketball season game for game that I've ever seen.

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:01 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
J-Rich wrote:No S-Jax sucks!!! He has not shown up in the last couple of games!!! He can't drive and when he can't hit the 3...It messes up his whole game!!! Where is his defense that is his known for???

Even if Jax has a bad game we can at least count on him to pull through IN THE CLUTCH. We can't even count on Harrington to perform in the FIRST QUARTER. I'd rather have a shakey Jax who can produce in the time of need then a bum who just stands there and does nothing for the team.

Today, Harrington was more efficient than Jackson in my opinion.

I am not ready to go looking for a trade, but if someone comes to us with a good deal, I'd be interested. Al has just been off for the past couple of weeks, but so have Jackson and Baron really. I dunno if they're just getting tired or what the deal is, but at any rate I hope to see some of Harrington's minutes given to Wright/Azubuike. If S-Jax is off, Nellie needs to think about pulling him too. Same with Baron; CJ has demonstrated the ability to fill in admirably for Baron in his limited opportunities. Nellie relies too much on Baron and S-Jax, and if they aren't producing, he needs to consider that some guys right next to him on the bench might be able to produce better, if only for one night...

Playing Wright for 20-25 minutes if Harrington or Jack are cold will not kill the team; in fact it will probably help us out.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:46 pm
I would love to be able to trade Al, but only in a move to help the team...not just to dump him. the problem is, I feel that he makes too much money and doesn't have much value. I think we may be stuck with him.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:03 pm
sleandres wrote:I would love to be able to trade Al, but only in a move to help the team...not just to dump him. the problem is, I feel that he makes too much money and doesn't have much value. I think we may be stuck with him.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:08 pm
JOEL, why did you quote me but add nothing in?

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:09 pm
ummm because im a dumb arse :mrgreen:

Rookie
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:13 pm
Trade him.

/thread.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:14 pm
not sure cus i didnt have anything to add ?
i did send off your check :)

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:22 pm
lakers fans dont want odom. how bout harrington for odom ::lol:

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:26 pm
I just traded harrington and pietrus plus a 1st rounder for tj ford and bargani in 2k8 :mrgreen: Slowly starting the rebuilding process.