The Warriors Don't Want/Deserve to be in the Playoffs.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:21 am
Hate it of Love it... the Dubs are not playoff material (i.e. live & die by the 3)... I'm a die-hard Warriors fan but not this year fellas. For some reason, they don't want it as bad as the competition...

I was saying something similar in the games thread. Yeah, this team is not a playoff team. Fun team to watch, sure, but not a winning team.

This team is going to end up with 49-50 wins in the hardest conference in the history of the sport. Any other year and conference in NBA history and they get the 6th seed at least. The fact is that it took an illegitimate suspension and the toughest conference in league history to keep us out of the playoffs, and in my book we're still a playoff level team.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:25 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Hate it of Love it... the Dubs are not playoff material (i.e. live & die by the 3)... I'm a die-hard Warriors fan but not this year fellas. For some reason, they don't want it as bad as the competition...

I was saying something similar in the games thread. Yeah, this team is not a playoff team. Fun team to watch, sure, but not a winning team.

This team is going to end up with 49-50 wins in the hardest conference in the history of the sport. Any other year and conference in NBA history and they get the 6th seed at least. The fact is that it took an illegitimate suspension and the toughest conference in league history to keep us out of the playoffs, and in my book we're still a playoff level team.


I honestly dont get why you say that Pest. YOu wrote that in another thread and I replied but did not see your response.

Here is that thread:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=6175
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 925
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:32 am
The Warriors have been looking a little sluggish down the stretch - however, so are many other teams...The Nuggets are completely losing touch with the playoff race...I wouldn't be surprised if they go into L.A. and lose to the Clips. Face it - there's a good chance the Warriors will make the playoffs this year...maybe not due to their great play but because they had help (much like last year).

Did they have A LOT of help from the bench last year? No...did they play great in the playoffs last year? Yes...minus 2 or 3 games against the Jazz. So...IF they make the playoffs this year I see them stepping up their game and giving the number 1 seed fits. Plain and simple.

Excuse my optimism but this is one of the DUBS' best seasons in A LONG TIME and I want to keep that optimism until they're completely OUT!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 am
I agree with pest that this was just a unprecented season in terms of the amount of wins needed to get into the playoffs. ANY other year, we get in and this is not even a topic of conversation.

Regardless of whether we get into the playoffs, I view this season as a sucess. We have the most amount of win and most amount of road win in the last 14 years.

Rookie
Posts: 177
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm
Maybe it's time to change the title of this thread to "The NUGGETS Don't Want/Deserve to be in the Playoffs."

Nuggets lost to the woeful Kings and Sonics while the W's lose to 3 of the best Western conference team ON THE ROAD.

Come now, A week from now will determine who REALLY deserves to be there and doesn't.

I'm beginning to think that some of the haters calling the W's fans Whiners on this board have some legitimacy.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:36 pm
There are a lot of excuses for the Warriors needing help to make the playoffs. (J-Rich, the refs, suspensions, Nellie with no bench, Pietrus and his injury, Barnes and his personal tragedy, Azu and his missing shot, brutal end of season scheduling) and there are very few reasons why we should make the playoffs (Ellis has improved, Biedrins has been unspectacular but solid, and BD is playing at an all-star level, awesome overall record). Our Western conference allies (Seattle and Sacramento) have done their part, we are in a great position to make the playoffs if we start winning. Right now, today, the last several weeks, our fan favorite to jeer (Dunleavy) is completely outplaying Jackson. We still a lot of season left, and hopefully we will have more reasons (a resurgent anyone (Biedrins, Jackson, Harrington, Pietrus, Azu) because a team that does not defend a lot needs another player or two to show up offensively.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:27 pm
bada wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Hate it of Love it... the Dubs are not playoff material (i.e. live & die by the 3)... I'm a die-hard Warriors fan but not this year fellas. For some reason, they don't want it as bad as the competition...

I was saying something similar in the games thread. Yeah, this team is not a playoff team. Fun team to watch, sure, but not a winning team.

This team is going to end up with 49-50 wins in the hardest conference in the history of the sport. Any other year and conference in NBA history and they get the 6th seed at least. The fact is that it took an illegitimate suspension and the toughest conference in league history to keep us out of the playoffs, and in my book we're still a playoff level team.


I honestly dont get why you say that Pest. YOu wrote that in another thread and I replied but did not see your response.

Here is that thread:
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=6175


Look, all other suspensions for legal issues prior to Jackson's, which was self defense, were 1-2 games. That would have been reasonable. But seven games for something that didn't warrant any jail time and was nowhere near a basketball court is absurd.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 pm
I dont know man, firing off at least 5 rounds into the air is a pretty serious offense. He is DAM lucky that one of those bullets did not come down and kill or mame anyone. He committed a felony. In the NBA's eyes, this could have easily been deemed a "violent felony" which would have required a minumum 10 game suspension under the Collective Barganing agreement.

Being that Jax was already on legal probation, and was coming off a suspension from the detriot fight, I think it was a very fair judgement from Stern. In fact Jax himself thought it was fair
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 925
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 pm
You know what...I'm going to fire off a very random statement here - I hope the current roster stays intact for next season. I believe with the current roster and perhaps more help from the bench we'll have NO PROBLEM making the playoffs next season. Obviously, I know we're going to get some new looks regarding the roster BUT I feel that we are good enough to beat anyone AT THE MOMENT.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:49 pm
bada wrote:I dont know man, firing off at least 5 rounds into the air is a pretty serious offense. He is DAM lucky that one of those bullets did not come down and kill or mame anyone. He committed a felony. In the NBA's eyes, this could have easily been deemed a "violent felony" which would have required a minumum 10 game suspension under the Collective Barganing agreement.

Being that Jax was already on legal probation, and was coming off a suspension from the detriot fight, I think it was a very fair judgement from Stern. In fact Jax himself thought it was fair


Two words: self defense.

As for the guilty plea and "jax himself thought it was fair," those "confessions" were likely just so that he didn't get in more trouble.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 737
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:33 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:This thread is BullShit :banghead:

I CONCUR. :banghead:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:This thread is BullShit :banghead:

I CONCUR. :banghead:


I know..........give guys an inch, and they want a mile.......... :roll:
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 925
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:53 pm
This thread is great...FOR ME TO POOP ON!

All Star
Posts: 1216
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:44 pm
I bet jrich would love this thread.

I'm sticking by them till the fat lady sings in the playoffs or if they are eliminated from the playoff race. Its funny how ppl are talking doom and gloom, wheel and deal, bait and trade when our record is better than last years.

Lets please talk about trades AFTER the season is done please. Whether it be elimination from the post season, playoffs or whether we lose (or win!) in the NBA Championship game.

Whatever happened to sticking with the team till the last? Believe? Remember that?

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 pm
tkono wrote:I bet jrich would love this thread.

I'm sticking by them till the fat lady sings in the playoffs or if they are eliminated from the playoff race. Its funny how ppl are talking doom and gloom, wheel and deal, bait and trade when our record is better than last years.

Lets please talk about trades AFTER the season is done please. Whether it be elimination from the post season, playoffs or whether we lose (or win!) in the NBA Championship game.

Whatever happened to sticking with the team till the last? Believe? Remember that?



:D :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests