The Warriors Don't Want/Deserve to be in the Playoffs.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:24 pm
The Warriors Don't Want/Deserve to be in the Playoffs.

The Dubs proved it again today vs. the Hornets... minus Ellis, the only 'gamer' out there...

Is it just me, or does Baron look old and defeated? As I stated earlier this season, get rid of Baron while he still has some worth...

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:33 pm
I was saying something similar in the games thread. Yeah, this team is not a playoff team. Fun team to watch, sure, but not a winning team.

Rookie
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:34 pm
disagree if jacks is not sus 6 games thw waarriors are in.

also the name mc tee is taken by a legendary hip hop emcee from the 80's from a hip hop group mantronix. I see your username is spelled different but pronounced the same. Those are tough sheos to fill and i would not want to use a name of a legend.

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:36 pm
Keep Baron ditch Harrington and Pietrus

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 pm
For f*cks sake...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

We lead the league in shots attempted (very tiring to shoot the most shots if youve ever played ball)........we lead the league in steals and forced turnovers (its very tiring to force the other team to turn the ball over and get steals......if youve ever played ball)...........and we lead the league in fast break points (hmm, always though running hard and more than the other team was always pretty tiring)

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.

This is my post from the game thread............I just dont get how you guys turn on everyone and question everything/every one under the sun.

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:45 pm
bigstrads wrote:For f*cks sake...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.

If there is ANYTHING that they have left, for the last six games of the year, they need to pull it out. One of the most important games of the year, and they choke, on national TV.

Rookie
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:46 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I was saying something similar in the games thread. Yeah, this team is not a playoff team. Fun team to watch, sure, but not a winning team.

No it is a playoff minus the 6 game suspension. Would you be happy if the warriors played dirty and cheat like the spurs and get all the calls?

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:49 pm
trlove wrote:No it is a playoff minus the 6 game suspension.

Whose fault was it that Jackson wasnt here? It was Jackson's, and Jackson's alone. If you are going to point to that, and that alone, as the reason we likely wont make the playoffs, fine, just be aware that it was Jackson's fault.

trlove wrote:Would you be happy if the warriors played dirty and cheat like the spurs and get all the calls?

I dont like cheating, on any level, but at least they are in the playoffs.

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:49 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:For f*cks sake...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

If there is ANYTHING that they have left, for the last six games of the year, they need to pull it out. One of the most important games of the year, and they choke, on national TV.

I said all that in response to all the attacks on players and there integrity/heart/will to win...........these performances have nothing to do with whether a player sucks or not...........it has EVERYTHING to do with playing a season at the pace we have, with no other options.

Just p*sses me off how everyone just starts calling out players for there heart and desire when its so obvious why they are struggling...........Im blaming Nellie here...........but saying that..........I dont think we would even be in this position if he hadnt burned out the big players all season.........catch 22.

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:18 pm
Hate it of Love it... the Dubs are not playoff material (i.e. live & die by the 3)... I'm a die-hard Warriors fan but not this year fellas. For some reason, they don't want it as bad as the competition...

trlove - The term "Emcee" and "MC" have been used since the early days of hip-hop... way before "MC Tee" existed. Yes I know who he was and if you know me, I respect all the founders of any music genre... but do your homework; almost all emcee's base their alias/nickname off another... i.e. 50 Cent (drug dealer), Makaveli (nicolo machiavelli), etc, etc.

My last name happens to begin with a T... and I've emcee'd plenty of events... so there ya go, Emcee T. People call me T, but knaw, not trying to fill Tony Sopranos shoes... [-(

Franchise Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:10 pm
EmceeT wrote:I'm a die-hard Warriors fan but not this year fellas.

How are those two things in the same sentance?.............I like you man, and you make the effort with travelling to games and your signs and what not...............but saying your a "die-hard" and then saying "not this year".........doesnt really make sense.

I only ask, what makes you think that this years team wants it less that last years half a season team?...........what player (apart from your old boy) has seemed like they dont want it?...........what your seeing is fatigue, not a lack of heart and desire.

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:19 pm
Trading Baron/S-Jax or even Harrington would be so sad to see. But I do agree to an extent; they are only going to go downhill from here I think.

Out of curiosity -- I'm not trying to make a statement here or anything... Would Baron + our 1st rounder be enough to get Seattle's pick (or whoever the #2 is)? I would personally LOVE to get Derrick Rose on our team, and although I don't want to make trading Baron a priority, I think Rose has a Baron/CP-esque skill set with tons of potential and fresh legs... I would go crazy if we could get him in a W's jersey. :mrgreen:

If we go into next season with Baron, Jackson, Harrington, etc I figure we'll still get around 45-50 wins, but I really do think we have a solid foundation already building for our future, and these vets aren't going to be on the level they are now for many more years.

Five years down the road, we're looking at something like:

PG ??? / CJ
SG Monta / Belinelli
SF Azubuike / ???
PF Brandan / ???
C AB / ???

So yeah, do we milk Baron, Jax, and Al for all they're worth, or do we try to get good value from them by trading them while they can still be great players? (Certainly I'm not suggesting that we trade all three or necessarily any of them; just throwing some thoughts out there...)

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 pm
Being a die hard Dubs fan means being REALISTIC.

Who (on this board) wouldn't want the Dubs to win a championship ring this year? Or win the rest of the season to make it the playoffs...?!?! With our current level of play... and the defeated 'look' of our starting line-up... teamed with the hardcore, all-out push by the rest of the West, I don't see us advancing to the playoffs... does this mean I don't love the hell out the team? Nope, just being real.

And YES, I have invested multiple G's ($1000) into the Dubs this year!!!

D4rk 0ne - I agree with everything you said, 100%. Its tough to let go of guys that got us this far, but we need to think of the future, and we need to act sooner than later.[/b]

All Star
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:59 pm
Everyone is mentioning the first games that jackson missed, but what about losing the games to the Minnesota's and Chicago's?

Today, we made a nother back-up guard look like an allstar, jamero Pargo.

Some mentioned only Monta played well today. i thought Biedrins was very good.

You stat guys, What's the Warriors record since my boy Pietrus been hurt?

Role Player
» Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:06 pm
4-5 w/o Pietrus.

=X